Not a head case....

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I don't think it makes a huge difference" who holds, Rayner said.

Not to compare their performance(as at this point there is no comparison - Longwell is the superior kicker), but at least Rayner seems to be a stand up guy and not looking for excuses for missing kicks and pointing fingers.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like to see that from him. Longwell seemed like he complained a lot when the change of holders came about.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Rayner has a good head on his shoulders, but...I dunno how his play will be this week with the loss of his father.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh yeah, good call, i got them confused.

I just read that jon ryan thing, so it was fresh in my mind.

Rayner seems like an ok player\human being. Hopefully he can be what Robbie Gould is to the Bears, which is a no name guy coming in, and being lights out. Rayner isnt lights out yet, but hes a good kickoff guy and should improve in the FG department. I hope!

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far so agood with Rayner. I think he's one of the few good moves that TT has made. If Rayner goes on to become the franchise's leading scorer and still retains his humility, then I'd agree that he truly is the stand up guy and far better than Longwell in that respect.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Longwell was pretty stand up....decent guy. He was a perfectionist with it came to his profession. Hence, the nice stats.

Also, I don't know that Longwell is much better this year than Rayner. He has made two more tha Rayner with the same amount of kicks.

Rayner is much better than Longwell in range and kickoffs.

Personally, I don't miss Longwell at all.

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Longwell was pretty stand up....decent guy. He was a perfectionist with it came to his profession. Hence, the nice stats.

That's my understanding of him too, trip. Though of course it all comes from reading about him ...

The criticism of Ryan Longwell is the nearest I have seen to defending BJ Sander ;)

Longwell was a great one for the Pack - we shouldn't forget that. However Dave Rayner seems to be doing just fine, and to have a healthy attitude.

Chris

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I don't want to seem like a ***** here, but the kid is a rookie. He's not a pro bowl kicker or a teams all time kicker. He has no reason to have an ego.

I hate negativity (how ya like that sentence? lol) and I don't mean to steer that way here. I hope Rayner does a supperb job.

All I am saying is, don't get cha hopes up or put too much into the quote in the initial post. Remember, Javon Walker said everything perfect coming into the league too. We all know how that went :(

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Rayner has a good head on his shoulders, but...I dunno how his play will be this week with the loss of his father.

Yeah. You know brett favre had a pretty good game after the loss of his father. Inspiration to do good?

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Also, I don't know that Longwell is much better this year than Rayner. He has made two more tha Rayner with the same amount of kicks.

Rayner is much better than Longwell in range and kickoffs.

Personally, I don't miss Longwell at all.

Might be a touch premature. Looks like the cold is affecting Rayner more than we'd anticipated.

Members online

Latest posts