No NFC North Games Today

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack and Lions Thursday. The Bears and Vikings play on Monday. I wonder the last times this happened?

Time for me to fix that old snowmobile!

Reaction score
Seahawks and Vikings are the 2 primary teams in the way of making the postseason. Currently Vikings sit as a 6th seed, Seattle as a 7th seed with the Pack a game back of both
(We’re a lone #8 seed)

Monday night we need the Bears to upset the Vikings.

As far as Seattle? Their next 3 opponents are:
8-3 Cowboys
8-3 49ers
9-1 Eagles

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack and Lions Thursday. The Bears and Vikings play on Monday. I wonder the last times this happened?

There were no NFC North games Saturday so the last time this happened was yesterday...

Looking at schedules, last time NFL regular season was ongoing and there were no NFC North Games on a Sunday might have been Nov 5, 2017. Packers played Detroit on a Monday night and Vikings/Bears were a bye.

Reaction score
The Dobbs led Vikings falter and lose a Division game to Da Bears. Drop to 6-6! Minnesota is now a #7 seed

6-5 Seattle rises to an NFC #6 seed. However they enter the Gauntlet!!
@ 8-3 Cowboys
@ 8-3 49ers
host 10-1 Eagles

Packers just might be in charge of their own destiny

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Dobbs led Vikings falter and lose a Division game to Da Bears. Drop to 6-6! Minnesota is now a #7 seed

@ 8-3 Cowboys
@ 8-3 49ers
host 10-1 Eagles

Packers just might be in charge of their own destiny. Don’t underestimate the #2 team in the Division. Just ask The Rangers

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just thinking about asking the question - are we the best team in the NFC North?? Sheesh, only two weeks after I thought we'd have a great chance at a top 10 draft pick. I still think that the Lions are the best team, despite a shellacking from us. I think that they would win a third meeting at this point. Let's see where we are after the Chiefs.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

@ 8-3 Cowboys
@ 8-3 49ers
host 10-1 Eagles

Packers just might be in charge of their own destiny
The Vikings really muffed on this one. You would think they would have come out firing after Denver. Dobbs was a lot better against Atlanta and New Orleans and even Denver. Vikings should have ran the ball more against the Bears. But in division games stuff happens.

Reaction score
Knew it would be a good game.
Ok we are T’d up to Tie Minnesota! :cool:
We’d be 1/2 game behind Division record in a tiebreaker with Minni
IF we can tie it up. We’d be 1 game back in the Conference tie breaker behind MN.

Reaction score
Nevertheless, we have to go out and win our game.
So true. We sort of just got our second chance.
For me it was always a foregone conclusion we’d have to beat the Vikings along our path, so if we don’t we don’t deserve postseason.

Win Tomorrow and we make our Vikings game real interesting.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes it was!

This Bengals OT Win might be the highlight of our season if we’re not careful tomorrow :laugh:
That was a competitive game but you can see how both teams truly miss their franchise QB. Lot of mistakes, blown opportunities, coaching miscalculations. If Cousins is QB with those receivers they would have been a threat to the Lions. And with Burrows the Bengals are always dangerous. Why the Vikings coach opted for 2 QB sneaks with a small QB like Mullins?? Who knows? They have a FB and Madison. Last 4 years that is automatic with Dalvin Cook. And to come away with no points at the end of the first half was terrible. Not sympathizing but this one reminded me of a lot of our games and that is at the short end of the stick.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if we don't win tomorrow it was fun watching MN lose today. :)
4 of the Bucs losses were to the Bills, Lions, Eagles, and 9ers. They have a good chance of winning their division even with a losing record. They can make big plays and give up big plays. They commit penalties like us but are about +6 in turnovers. We know Mayfield can be a gunslinger and he has cold weather experience. We better take advantage of the mistakes and minimize ours.

Reaction score
That was a competitive game but you can see how both teams truly miss their franchise QB. Lot of mistakes, blown opportunities, coaching miscalculations. If Cousins is QB with those receivers they would have been a threat to the Lions. And with Burrows the Bengals are always dangerous. Why the Vikings coach opted for 2 QB sneaks with a small QB like Mullins?? Who knows? They have a FB and Madison. Last 4 years that is automatic with Dalvin Cook. And to come away with no points at the end of the first half was terrible. Not sympathizing but this one reminded me of a lot of our games and that is at the short end of the stick.
Amen Milani.
Well watching most of the Vikings game reminded me that Love has done more with less. Thats not an indictment on our weapons, but Addison, Hockenson and Jefferson are guys we aspire to be in a year or two.
If we have J’aire and Stokes back full tilt for the Vikings I think we’ll be very competitive though.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amen Milani.
Well watching most of the Vikings game reminded me that Love has done more with less. Thats not an indictment on our weapons, but Addison, Hockenson and Jefferson are guys we aspire to be in a year or two.
If we have J’aire and Stokes back full tilt for the Vikings I think we’ll be very competitive though.
The Bucs do not have great rushing stats like they had 3-5 years ago. They like to throw the ball. Mayfield will give us some opportunities but we have to cash in. They have a good pass rush and they force turnovers. Yet they give up a lot of yards.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately everyone has good rush stats against GB. Plus Tampa's rush game has improved as the year has progressed.

Members online

Latest posts