No More Calling Rodgers A Diva, It's Silly

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Difficult and high maintenance is almost literally the definition of prima donna.
Not exactly. See the examples I listed those are prima donnas. He's difficult because he holds people accountable which goes to his high maintenance as it's demanded from him, as a result he expects the same from others. Hence he leads by example. So...again I disagree.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh, just this past training camp Rodgers ripped into his teammates. He ripped into them (though not by name)
after the Buffalo game. In 2016 after a loss to Indianapolis he ripped the offense for a lack of energy.

Countless times he's gotten in the face publicly during games of teammates who ran wrong routes or otherwise made mental errors. Former teammates such as Jermichael Finley and Greg Jennings have ripped Rodgers for being arrogant and prideful.

How much this stuff even bothers anyone is up to the discretion of the individual, and there are 2 sides to every story. But let's not sit here and bury our heads in the sand and act like the QBs you listed are just terrible head cases while simultaneously pretending that Rodgers has always been the ultimate teammate with not so much as a whiff of a distraction. You can define "prima donna" however you'd like but rattling off a list of QBs who may have had one single incident in their respective careers while implying that Rodgers has been totally innocent is the height of homerism.

And Roethlisberger is a **** for blaming Brown, but I'm a Packer fan, not a Steeler fan, so I really don't care about that. Rodgers' attitude and persona has nothing to do with any other team or QB.

1. I already mentioned how Rodgers mentioned how he said the young receivers needed to play better. That wasn't ripping them, that was an honest assessment.

2. Ok I call total BS. I know for a fact that isn't true otherwise guys like Colin Cowherd and ESPECIALLY Skip Bayless would've jumped on that. So humor me for a moment name an instance when Rodgers got into someone's face and yelled at them. See the difference with some of you guys I can find evidence whereas most of you cannot. So tell me when has Rodgers gotten in someone's face regarding running the wrong routes like in the featured example below. Please show me.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000061549/Cutler-yells-at-offensive-line

3. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone was gonna bring up Greg Jennings and Jermichael Finley. Those are typically the shining examples people like to cling on when it comes to critiquing Rodgers. I've talked about this matter to the point where I'm beating a dead horse. So I'm just gonna copy and paste my first post on here regarding those two:

"You mean the same Greg Jennings who talked all that stuff regarding Rodgers the following season after joining Minnesota, (Rodgers chose not to say anything btw) and got owned and was seen trying to reconcile things after the game? I remember this forum having a field day after The Packers spanked the Vikings that day. But basically Jennings career was never the same after leaving Green Bay. Interesting you'd put stock into what he says considering how he left.

Then you have Jermichael "Stonehands" Finely. What I find funny is that some of you call Rodgers a prima donna but forget about the headcase Finley could be. Let's not forget about all the dropped passes he had during his time here. When he was finally able to live up to his potential, he got injured and was never seen again. Again another interesting person to stock from regarding Rodgers."

What I find funny is that Finley says Rodgers was arrogant and yet he was always the one running his mouth and acting up. Another strange thing is how these former teammates have called Rodgers out, and yet Rodgers has not even bothered to respond in regards to their remarks about him. And yet he's the Prima Donna right?

4. Again it's not homerism when I acknowledged that Rodgers can be difficult due to how high maintenance he is and how he holds people accountable. Which by right he should as he's held accountable when he screws up as he'll be the first one to take the hit even when it's not his fault.

5. I brought up those examples to buffer my argument as to what I consider as a Prima Donna and how Rodgers is not one based off the examples and behavior of other quarterbacks around the league. Rodgers has many flaws but he certainly not as bad as everyone likes to paint him as. Most of this stuff is highly overblown, simply because we're losing is all.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Finley was dressed down by mm in mm office more than once.

Jennings made comment that in a game during Jennings contract year Rodgers told an opposing player why don't u guys sign Jennings.. Greg hated that . That's where the hatred strated

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley was dressed down by mm in mm office more than once.

Jennings made comment that in a game during Jennings contract year Rodgers told an opposing player why don't u guys sign Jennings.. Greg hated that . That's where the hatred strated
I thought the hatred stemmed because Greg wanted more money but The Packers weren't willing to pay him as much as he wanted. As a result he tested the market only to find out he wasn't worth that much, and as a result he ended up with The Vikings. Plus we kinda saw an indication of how Greg felt that final year through his sister when she made all those tweets regarding Aaron. Granted she may have been speaking for herself but Aaron was definitely brought up behind closed doors.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he was changing plays in the huddle because he didnt think he needed to listen to the authority figure on the sideline I'm not sure how anyone could say he hasnt been a prima donna.

Yes he's great. Yes we need to build around him. Yes we need him and the coach to be on the same page. Hell I'll even say hes even earned a little bit of that entitled attitude. But ******** call a spade a spade

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll tell you, sure seems like Rodgers was taking shots right and left from the national media all over the place today. Rodgers did not get his HC fired, his HC nailed his own coffin shut. Furthermore, Rodgers was one of the few players trying to win or giving us a chance to win out there with his efforts. Sick and tired of people denying or ignoring this, or advocating we move on from Rodgers. Ridiculous and stupid ideas.

I'm going to shoot a hole in the blame Rodgers stuff with three irrefutable facts

1. Offensive line is garbage and getting pushed around like a turnstile. It wasn't just Rodgers getting pressured, Jones was getting swarmed on.

**** with those PFF stats on them. They are fake. Fake bs stats that cover up our garbage OL that must be fixed pronto.

2. He needed to take those deep shots today cuz nobody was doing a damn thing in breaking tackles, making routine catches, or on special teams returns getting any good fp.

3. Our now recently fired HC was calling run plays on 3rd and long and purposely sabotaging him.

All Rodgers haters take that and eat it!

No hate for Aaron, but what strikes me as silly would be denying that Aaron has some diva in him. The guy loves the limelight, and is not above publicly pouting when things don't go his way - That sounds like a diva to me.

Still, I wouldn't trade him for anything.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do I really need to pull up the quotes from him calling out the recievers in the preseason?

Do i really need to pull up every clip of him making hand gestures to receivers after every throw hits the ground without a player in the the screen shot?

Do I need to pull up every clip where hes looking at his WRs like they just kicked his puppy?

Do I have to post the article where Jeff Saturday stated Rodgers litteraly changed the route trees from what was called on the huddle? (good lord Jamie Fox did that in a movie when they wanted to make him look like a prima donna)

Sometimes those are warranted sure. But good lord dont act like it doesnt happen. Your not helping your argument. Only weakening it

1) "Calling out receivers in the preseason" - Really? You're using this as an example of being a diva? He's doing exactly what he should be doing at that point. Would you rather he let it slide and let bad habits form in the preseason with young receivers? That's ridiculous.

2) "Making hand gestures to receivers" - Once again, he is giving immediate feedback to a receiver if he does this, which is going to help them get on the same page in the future. Waiting until later is not going to help anyone in this situation. IMMEDIATE feedback is a big key to moving forward.

3) "Looking at WR's like they just kicked his puppy" - Really? I'm not even going to respond to this asinine comment.

4) "Changing plays in huddle" - You forgot to mention Jeff Saturday said a lot of players were frustrated with the play calling. So I guess we have a lot of divas in green and gold according to this logic.

If the examples you provided qualify someone as a "diva" you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone in the NFL who isn't.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2. Ok I call total BS. I know for a fact that isn't true otherwise guys like Colin Cowherd and ESPECIALLY Skip Bayless would've jumped on that. So humor me for a moment name an instance when Rodgers got into someone's face and yelled at them. See the difference with some of you guys I can find evidence whereas most of you cannot. So tell me when has Rodgers gotten in someone's face regarding running the wrong routes like in the featured example below. Please show me.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000061549/Cutler-yells-at-offensive-line
I'll be waiting for a reply with you on this one. We're going to be waiting a while because such video evidence doesn't exist. These people make claims but can't back it up with evidence. Where is Rodgers "getting in the face" and "yelling" at teammates? Maybe it was with Crosby in Detroit....oh wait no he actually put his arm around him...my bad!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought the hatred stemmed because Greg wanted more money but The Packers weren't willing to pay him as much as he wanted. As a result he tested the market only to find out he wasn't worth that much, and as a result he ended up with The Vikings. Plus we kinda saw an indication of how Greg felt that final year through his sister when she made all those tweets regarding Aaron. Granted she may have been speaking for herself but Aaron was definitely brought up behind closed doors.
Find Jennings talk to cowherd.

Not saying I'm on board with the whole story but interesting

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, it really is becoming increasingly more known that some Packer fans are unconditionally worshipping Aaron and that criticizing him has become as much of a taboo as the whole kneeling debacle was.

Fact is, Rodgers isnt humble by any means and, as this season has definitely pointed out, not much of an inspirational leader when things take a turn for the worst. Sure, he isnt as much of a diva as OBJ is or Sherman was, but lets be real, he is no Russel Wilson either. Aaron definitely does have a lot of these tendencies which certainly do not help (dare I even say cripple) the team when they are playing bad. Refusing to acknowledge this fact is just ignorant imo.

Suggesting to trade Rodgers away is also very ludicrous, and another extreme suggestion. There is no way we will be seeing similar let alone better QB play without him. However I’d like to see Aaron mature a bit and actually become this general on the field that a QB should be: What I mean by that is first and foremost, doing everything you can to keep harmony and morale in the team high, through the good and the bad and ESPECIALLY on the pitch. Furthermore this would include not questioning superiors openly (read the coaching staff), never giving up untill the time has expired, and last but not least, solely engaging in constructive criticism. He should learn to cut some slack to his young late round receivers who I am sure are doing everything they can to uphold Aaron’s high standards.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see the chat we all had made no difference ???
I don't remember any chat we had.
If my silly name changing is against the rules and will get me into trouble or if it bothers that many, I could refrain from it even though I haven't seen or recall too many complaints.
Do note that the majority of my posts do not contain it.
I believe it is something I rarely do.
Funny how the brain works that way. Triggering the owner of it when it picks up on things that bother instead of focusing on things that don't.

My two main name change targets of the Packers aren't around anymore.
Favre is all but a memory now and is pretty much forgotten with his name not coming up anywhere as much as it used to.
And now Mc (Must refrain! Must refrain!) is gone.
So you and others can just R-E-L-A-X.
Unless you wanna be like nervous cats waiting to pounce.
(When is Forget Favor gonna do this again?)

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's confusing as to why Rodgers would say that. Maybe it was a joke. Maybe he wanted Jennings out because he was Favre's guy.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, it really is becoming increasingly more known that some Packer fans are unconditionally worshipping Aaron and that criticizing him has become as much of a taboo as the whole kneeling debacle was.
Just because there are fans who don't believe that Aaron Rodgers is a diva, that does not mean that they are "unconditionally worshipping" him. It is possible to have a difference of opinion believe it or not. I have yet to see any hard evidence to show Aaron as a diva.

Just like the "kneeling debacle", this nonsense of Aaron Rodgers being a diva should simply go away - it has no purpose.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You'll have a long wait then.
If he was changing plays in the huddle because he didnt think he needed to listen to the authority figure on the sideline I'm not sure how anyone could say he hasnt been a prima donna.

Yes he's great. Yes we need to build around him. Yes we need him and the coach to be on the same page. Hell I'll even say hes even earned a little bit of that entitled attitude. But ******** call a spade a spade
How many other great QB's changed the play? We've seen Brady, and Manning do it, hell I'm pretty confident Favre did it as well. So are they insubordinate as well?

Fact is, Rodgers isnt humble by any means and, as this season has definitely pointed out, not much of an inspirational leader when things take a turn for the worst. Sure, he isnt as much of a diva as OBJ is or Sherman was, but lets be real, he is no Russel Wilson either. Aaron definitely does have a lot of these tendencies which certainly do not help (dare I even say cripple) the team when they are playing bad. Refusing to acknowledge this fact is just ignorant imo.
My loyalty is to The Packers first and foremost before any other player. With that being said I know that Rodgers gets a bad rap and most of this stuff is inaccurate in regards to what he's been accused. I never said Rodgers is blameless as he shares a bit of responsibility, but also I am objective enough to see that the good certainly outweighs the bad in comparison to other quarterbacks in the NFL. Is Rodgers a saint? Far from it, but he sure as hell isn't this over the top Diva some of you along with the media are making him out to be. Hell we've had someone on here LITERALLY say Rodgers was worse than Jay Cutler in terms of attitude, which I find laughable and ludacris.

My issue is to everyone calling him a Prima Donna and what not, I've asked them to prove it, and so far no one has really given a legitimate shred of evidence to buffer their argument, and if they did I've made a counter argument against it and they've yet to respond.

People said Rodgers was a Prima Donna, I brought up examples what a Prima Donna was in my eyes by citing certain players in the NFL and what they had done to have that definition bestowed unto them. All I'm hearing is people saying is that Rodgers is a Prima Donna just for the sake of saying it. I'm trying to have a debate as it's something I enjoy discussing, and I can see how it seems how I'm being pro Aaron. That's not the case, as I've acknowledged as you pointed out how due to his high maintenance and high expectations it can make him difficult for other players. But that relates to winning though. Brady is high maintenance, so was Manning, and so is Brees. Are they better LEADERS that would be a different, but total fair argument as each of them lead differently. I think Brees is the best Leader of the 4 personally.

If you're going to call someone a Prima Donna be prepared to defend your points, because I'm going to challenge you. If not then it's safe to say that it probably wasn't a well thought out opinion to begin with.

So with that being said I'll await a response that will prove me otherwise. The next move is yours ladies and gentlemen, who feel differently.

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

If my silly name changing is against the rules and will get me into trouble or if it bothers that many, I could refrain from it even though I haven't seen or recall too many complaints.
Funny how the brain works that way. Triggering the owner of it when it picks up on things that bother instead of focusing on things that don't.

Favre is all but a memory now and is pretty much forgotten with his name not coming up anywhere as much as it used to.

You really want to do this here ?? You were warned politely, now take it as not so politely.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Ck ***

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How many other great QB's changed the play? We've seen Brady, and Manning do it, hell I'm pretty confident Favre did it as well. So are they insubordinate as well?

My loyalty is to The Packers first and foremost before any other player. With that being said I know that Rodgers gets a bad rap and most of this stuff is inaccurate in regards to what he's been accused. I never said Rodgers is blameless as he shares a bit of responsibility, but also I am objective enough to see that the good certainly outweighs the bad in comparison to other quarterbacks in the NFL. Is Rodgers a saint? Far from it, but he sure as hell isn't this over the top Diva some of you along with the media are making him out to be. Hell we've had someone on here LITERALLY say Rodgers was worse than Jay Cutler in terms of attitude, which I find laughable and ludacris.

My issue is to everyone calling him a Prima Donna and what not, I've asked them to prove it, and so far no one has really given a legitimate shred of evidence to buffer their argument, and if they did I've made a counter argument against it and they've yet to respond.

People said Rodgers was a Prima Donna, I brought up examples what a Prima Donna was in my eyes by citing certain players in the NFL and what they had done to have that definition bestowed unto them. All I'm hearing is people saying is that Rodgers is a Prima Donna just for the sake of saying it. I'm trying to have a debate as it's something I enjoy discussing, and I can see how it seems how I'm being pro Aaron. That's not the case, as I've acknowledged as you pointed out how due to his high maintenance and high expectations it can make him difficult for other players. But that relates to winning though. Brady is high maintenance, so was Manning, and so is Brees. Are they better LEADERS that would be a different, but total fair argument as each of them lead differently. I think Brees is the best Leader of the 4 personally.

If you're going to call someone a Prima Donna be prepared to defend your points, because I'm going to challenge you. If not then it's safe to say that it probably wasn't a well thought out opinion to begin with.

So with that being said I'll await a response that will prove me otherwise. The next move is yours ladies and gentlemen, who feel differently.
Jeff Saturday a guy who played half a season? Called out Aaron for doing it.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeff Saturday a guy who played half a season? Called out Aaron for doing it.
Apparently other players shared his (Rodgers') sentiment in regarding to McCarthy's play calling in which it has been widely known and has been called into question.

And I wouldn't say call out, is the accurate word in this case.

Latest posts