No More Calling Rodgers A Diva, It's Silly

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh it most certainly does serve a purpose, with the purpose being to explore all possible avenues as to why things aren't working as they are supposed to work. Instead of just blatantly being waved away as 'false news.'
I have already responded as to why the arguments of Aaron Rodgers being a diva are invalid. Therefore, they most certainly should be considered "fake news" unless real facts/evidence are produced instead of hearsay from a small number of former players, the majority having a personal vendetta against the Packers.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have already responded as to why the arguments of Aaron Rodgers being a diva are invalid. Therefore, they most certainly should be considered "fake news" unless real facts/evidence are produced instead of hearsay from a small number of former players, the majority having a personal vendetta against the Packers.
Like, you watch Packers games right?? Seen any of late? Notice how Aaron will have the occasional hand gesture or eye-rolling going on after a failed play? It's not like this has been happening only in 2018 either, but it definitely has become increasingly more present (I can only presume due to the lack of success). I dont need any podcast hosts, former teammates, estranged family members, and now even coaches to say what I have already seen with my own eyes in these last 3 years in which he increasingly more struggled with his receiving corps: That Aaron is an amazing QB, but not a high-character guy.

And of course I am guilty of choosing to ignore this trait mostly for all these playoff seasons. Also because there was a lot of success, this type of behavior was more of an anomaly. It's like Greg Jennings said, when you are in a relationship you overlook things because you want the relationship to work. And when the relationship does work, everything is great. But when it doesn't work anymore, you will have to look critical at all the possible things that didn't make it work. I still want it to work. A LOT. I'm sure the majority here does. But for a fair and objective analysis of the tipping points of the relationship it doesn't help if you see your partner as being flawless: always the victim but never the perpetrator.

That being said, I know what the response is going to be. You want evidence right? While I am sure that any 'evidence' I provide can be interpreted very differently among people on both sides of this discussion. However, after my exams (in roughly 2 weeks) I'll make sure to make a good list of full Packer games on youtube with the appropriate time stamps in which we see Aaron behaving like this. I was planning on rewatching some games over Christmas anyway.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Like, you watch Packers games right?? Seen any of late? Notice how Aaron will have the occasional hand gesture or eye-rolling going on after a failed play? It's not like this has been happening only in 2018 either, but it definitely has become increasingly more present (I can only presume due to the lack of success). I dont need any podcast hosts, former teammates, estranged family members, and now even coaches to say what I have already seen with my own eyes in these last 3 years in which he increasingly more often had struggles with his receiving corps: That Aaron is an amazing QB, but not a high-character guy.

And of course I am guilty of choosing to ignore this trait mostly for all these playoff seasons. Also because there was a lot of success, this type of behavior was more of an anomaly. It's like Greg Jennings said, when you are in a relationship you overlook things because you want the relationship to work. And when the relationship does work, everything is great. But when it doesn't work anymore, you will have to look critical at all the possible things that didn't make it work. I still want it to work. A LOT. I'm sure the majority here does. But for a fair and objective analysis of the tipping points of the relationship it doesn't help if you see your partner as being flawless: always the victim but never the perpetrator.

That being said, I know what the response is going to be. You want evidence right? While I am sure that any 'evidence' I provide can be interpreted very differently among people on both sides of this discussion. However, after my exams (in roughly 2 weeks) I'll make sure to make a good list of full Packer games on youtube with the appropriate time stamps in which we see Aaron behaving like this. I was planning on rewatching some games over Christmas anyway.
That’s an amazing post. You use Greg Jennings as states evidence to formulate an argument that Aaron Rodgers has poor character?!

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s an amazing post. You use Greg Jennings as states evidence to formulate an argument that Aaron Rodgers has poor character? I had a hard time finishing that read.
Maybe I should have been more clear. By no means have I even taken his words about his whole departure from GB into consideration, or for factual up until this point. I have merely used his metaphor to describe why fans like myself would not bring up any flaws they potentially saw in Rodgers because we were winning. Maybe if you would have read the sentences before you were triggered by the words "Greg Jennings" that stood out of the screen so clearly, you'd have understood that. But I understand its a hard read since its fairly early right now in WI, so I'll give you a pass. Brew yourself a nice cup of coffee ;)

But thats another interesting point I'd like to raise and probably another too-hot-of-a-take-to-handle. What exactly has Jennings done, apart from slating Aaron publicly and playing for the Vikes that has given him this notorious, almost hated status among Packer fans? Because if his story turns out to be truthful, I'd actually have some apprehension for his actions as well.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This diva talk is by a bunch of wanna be **** talkers. All depressed because it started snowing and the packers are losing close games. Get a grip people. Good god!
Winners use failure as fuel. Its times like now when character is easily identified. The weak posing as strong, complain and point fingers. Blame and self promote.
The strong get pissed. They go to work even when the mojo is NOT flowing. They do the job, and when the game/season/pride/whatever is on the line. Winners step up.

Then they usually go home to their life. Quietly. And let the armchair wanna be's talk about it.

Ask the young stars who are actually playing well, who they are following. Ask Adams. Ask Jones.... Ask the group of talented young receivers who they are trying to impress at practice... Ask the veteran tight ends who they came here to play with.

Sure wasn't mm or anyone other than #12. That's called leadership boys and girls....

Lets not mention playing through a wicked knee sprain and having only one interception on the season...

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember when Rodgers threw the tablet in disgust? Remember the countless times we've seen him look to the sky after a bad play?

The guy has always acted like this. But since we're losing now it's an issue :rolleyes:

There are far more clinical psychiatrists on this board than i pictured

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers had "no idea" the firing of MM was coming. loll "hope I didn't have anything to do with it" too funny.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is a diva
I love him, like for Eva,
But he still is a diva!
Busted knees, no cheetah
Offense sick with fevah
ARod, you're still a diva!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's also the Winston Moss tweet about someone needing to hold Rodgers (and the team) accountable.
I mean, I like Rodgers, and I'm not interested in starting a witch hunt for him, but the man is not a god.
There's an awful lot of smoke around him for there not to be any fire.

And again I say, if he's a diva, so what?

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's also the Winston Moss tweet about someone needing to hold Rodgers (and the team) accountable.
I mean, I like Rodgers, and I'm not interested in starting a witch hunt for him, but the man is not a god.
There's an awful lot of smoke around him for there not to be any fire.

And again I say, if he's a diva, so what?

Thing is you have to admit, even if you believe he is a diva that the notion that he was going to be telling our GM and CEO who to pick as our next head coach was pretty ludicrous.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s an amazing post. You use Greg Jennings as states evidence to formulate an argument that Aaron Rodgers has poor character?!
Agreed - I can't believe anyone listens to Greg Jennings anymore - his opinion is worthless. Aaron Rodgers' character in question now? This place never ceases to amaze me. :roflmao:

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well this tread aged mightily fine..

:whistling:

Reaction score
As I have previously said, we don't know all of the facts, but if he refuses to play or retires to then play for another team, and if the rumors about his behavior and conduct are true(which we don't know), then yes, I do think he is a diva(unless the FO told him they were going to trade him or force him out at some point).

Of course, there are some bad rumors about how management has treated him as well.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
As I have previously said, we don't know all of the facts, but if he refuses to play or retires to then play for another team, and if the rumors about his behavior and conduct are true(which we don't know), then yes, I do think he is a diva(unless the FO told him they were going to trade him or force him out at some point).

Of course, there are some bad rumors about how management has treated him as well.
Ok, I’ll bite. What are these rumors?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering the fact that Schefter has now admitted that he just decided to blow this story open of his own accord based on a cumulative amount of hearsay and speculation over a large amount of time …. And that no one one event precipitated the story, I think it is very likely that Rodgers and the Packers would have continued to work on the issue behind the scenes and that solved or not Rodgers would have been standing under center In September.

Reaction score
Ok, I’ll bite. What are these rumors?

Which rumors? The ones involving Rodgers or the ones involving management?

Rodgers is rumored to have referred to our GM as Jerry Kraus in group discussions with other players, and told potential free agents he wouldn't be here/not to come here. He is also rumored to want more decision making powers in the organization, and that either him or Gute has to go.

There are some rumors that Gute wants to or wanted at one time to trade or move on from Rodgers, forcing him out. Also (and this is not a rumor) Gute did not consult with Rodgers or even tell him they were going to draft Love beforehand(and I am not saying that drafting Love was a bad move, but I do think they should have at the very least told him beforehand, and probably should have asked his opinion on the move). Finally, they are rumored to have fired a QB coach he liked without warning and consulting him, and cut Kumerow the day after he praised him publicly.

With that being said, I don't think any of the rumors about the way management has treated Rodgers with the exception of Gute telling Rodgers he was going to trade him or force him out justifies any of this behavior by Rodgers or Rodgers forcing a trade.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which rumors? The ones involving Rodgers or the ones involving management?

Rodgers is rumored to have referred to our GM as Jerry Kraus in group discussions with other players, and told potential free agents he wouldn't be here/not to come here. He is also rumored to want more decision making powers in the organization, and that either him or Gute has to go.

There are some rumors that Gute wants to or wanted at one time to trade or move on from Rodgers, forcing him out. Also (and this is not a rumor) Gute did not consult with Rodgers or even tell him they were going to draft Love beforehand(and I am not saying that drafting Love was a bad move, but I do think they should have at the very least told him beforehand, and probably should have asked his opinion on the move). Finally, they are rumored to have fired a QB coach he liked without warning and consulting him, and cut Kumerow the day after he praised him publicly.

With that being said, I don't think any of the rumors about the way management has treated Rodgers with the exception of Gute telling Rodgers he was going to trade him or force him out justifies any of this behavior by Rodgers or Rodgers forcing a trade.
It is not a rumor that Alex Van Pelt was not given a new contract when his expired.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is not a rumor that Alex Van Pelt was not given a new contract when his expired.
So why not? Has Rodgers' play improved since then? Last year was good. Is there some nefarious reason why Alex Van Pelt was not resigned as a coach?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So why not? Has Rodgers' play improved since then? Last year was good. Is there some nefarious reason why Alex Van Pelt was not resigned as a coach?
I wasn’t commenting on the reason …. Just the fact that it isn’t a rumor … it’s a fact …. And Rodgers was on record as not being happy with it at the time.

Edit: however as I recall, the reasons were contractual… I don’t remember all the details but I think he had previously been offered a new contract which he turned down … hoping for a better job with another team … when that didn’t happen his contract expired with the Packers… and he moved on.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I wasn’t commenting on the reason …. Just the fact that it isn’t a rumor … it’s a fact …. And Rodgers was on record as not being happy with it at the time.

Edit: however as I recall, the reasons were contractual… I don’t remember all the details but I think he had previously been offered a new contract which he turned down … hoping for a better job with another team … when that didn’t happen his contract expired with the Packers… and he moved on.
What year was Van Pelt here in Green Bay?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I kind of remember the story being the Packers got rid of him and then the real story with digging showed his contract was up and he wanted a chance to move up elsewhere so he left when his contract expired. The media has a long history of painting a slightly less than realistic painting in order to lead readers/watchers into a certain feeling towards a player or team.

They're the same everywhere, every "news" article whether its sports, or race or political or covid or whatever these days is heavily worked to make you attack, or defend depending on your perspective. just divide and and keep fighting. Engage and enrage, i'm going to make that a saying dammit. It's never about giving information, it's about making you react, quickly and with great conviction. We need to do better in all aspects as fans and citizens in not reacting to the "news"

Members online

Latest posts