No More Calling Rodgers A Diva, It's Silly

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, where do we stop? I was going to remove #74 since it no longer applies, but then your #75 wouldn't make sense, so... :confused:

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I do not find it silly at all to call Aaron Rodgers a diva. Something he never used to do was call out his teammates, without taking responsibility on himself during the game. If he messed up, he would pat his chest (ie. “Its on me.”). I did not see him do that once this season, when in many cases, he should have. He has been very quick to call out anyone for missing a catch though or running the wrong route.

I get it, the guy has been working with Rookies all season, but after the Rams loss there has not been a single game that he has looked like he has wanted to win.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not find it silly at all to call Aaron Rodgers a diva. Something he never used to do was call out his teammates, without taking responsibility on himself during the game. If he messed up, he would pat his chest (ie. “Its on me.”). I did not see him do that once this season, when in many cases, he should have. He has been very quick to call out anyone for missing a catch though or running the wrong route.

I get it, the guy has been working with Rookies all season, but after the Rams loss there has not been a single game that he has looked like he has wanted to win.

I felt this way earlier in the season but he has taken responsibility for some of his poor play, especially as of late.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what? I'm getting sick of this. All this talk about Aaron Rodgers blaming his teammates and whatnot. Let me ask all you guys a simple question: When has he done this? No longer do I want to hear this notion until someone brings up some actual PROOF of a time where Rodgers threw a fellow teammate someone under the bus or called them out personally. This is getting absolutely ridiculous. Rodgers always held himself accountable, even when games weren't his fault he was the first to take the blame. Never in his career has he pulled a Roethlisberger and called out a particular player for not doing well. I want examples because this is starting to become annoying and old. Is Aaron Rodgers perfect? No absolutely not, and this is not meant to come off as pro Aaron but let's get the facts straight people.

I'll even be nice, and throw you guys a bone. The only argument I could see one could make was when he in regards to what he said about the rookie receivers and how they needed to improve, which if we're being honest, he's not wrong. And critiquing the offense, in which he threw HIMSELF under the bus as well in the win against Buffalo.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After thinking it over, I've decided to agree.
I will never again pick up the phone, call Rodgers and tell him, "You are a diva," and then hang up.
You are right. That is silly and I will stop doing it.
Just after one more time.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Buddy, if you still think he is a diva after looking at this picture, you need to get your eyes checked.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I think of Prima Donna I think of Cam Newton.
When I think of Prima Donna I think of Ben Roethlisberger.
When I think of Prima Donna I think of Jay Cutler.
When I think of Prima Donna I think of Jameis Winston.
When I think of Prima Donna I think Ryan Fitzpatrick during his time in New York.

So let me ask you all this when has Rodgers isolated his teammates (Cam) and blamed them for an error (Big Ben), got in the face of his teammates (Cutler), Complained about being replaced (Fitzpatrick), or was an outside distraction from the game (Winston)?

I'm waiting.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After thinking it over, I've decided to agree.
I will never again pick up the phone, call Rodgers and tell him, "You are a diva," and then hang up.
You are right. That is silly and I will stop doing it.
Just after one more time.

And I'm guessing our first loss under Philbin you'll be starting a "Was firing MM really part of the solution" thread just like you did that TT and Capers one.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I'm guessing our first loss under Philbin you'll be starting a "Was firing MM really part of the solution" thread just like you did that TT and Capers one.
You kidding?
I'm so excited with the long overdue departure of McMoron that I've been celebrating by streaking!
Good thing they did it now before it gets too much colder.
It's the cold that makes it small.
I swear!

This will be a real interesting test for Phil to see if he bails out the water and puts the plug back in the ship before it sinks completely.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So let me ask you all this when has Rodgers isolated his teammates (Cam) and blamed them for an error (Big Ben), got in the face of his teammates (Cutler), Complained about being replaced (Fitzpatrick), or was an outside distraction from the game (Winston)?

I'm waiting.
They have no proof. They just believe if they say it enough times people will believe them.

Some people simply enjoy complaining.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You kidding?
I'm so excited with the long overdue departure of McMoron that I've been celebrating by streaking!
Good thing they did it now before it gets too much colder.
It's the cold that makes it small.
I swear!

This will be a real interesting test for Phil to see if he bails out the water and puts the plug back in the ship before it sinks completely.

Yeah, you probably said the same thing when Ted Thompson left the front office and Capers plane took off.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the only reason there is still a debate on creativity is because people just keep beating the only drum they know. I'm fine moving on from MM, they're headed in the wrong direction, the fact that they always find someway every game to lose is my reason. Play calling is not. I think play calling is too easy. for example 3rd and 4th and short, we've ran about every play imaginable and failed. Can't run on 3rd and 2, and i've seen Rodgers miss more than 1 or 2 easy, wide open quick hitting, just put the ball int he receivers hands passes for that 2 yards as well. Just as i've seen him hit and miss deep.

Everyone says, we need to run this, we need to scheme that. We need some new personnel and we need our QB to play to an acceptable level. We're not asking for perfection, this isn't 2015. People are pissed because we ran it into the line against the Vikings and couldn't get 3 inches. Fine call another play, but if you can't get 3 inches, you're not that good. Period. The Pats tried running outside on them last night in the same situation, guess what? They didn't get it either. But everyone here thinks McDaniels is a ***** ******* genius and MM is a moron. Or yesterday in our own game. Misdirection and naked boot with Graham coming out with Rodgers, but the guy on the end of the defense didn't play it like Clay Matthews or Reggie Gilbert and come crashing down on the misdirection and played it perfectly. Everyone in the shoutbox is railing the play call again, when it's the exact type play they've been calling for all year. People don't seem to realize that scheme only works when the defense gets fooled. When they don't, your'e out there with your *** in the breeze.

or the previous week, Receivers bunched, run a shallow easy route for a first down, and Rodgers throws it in the dirt. Followed up by overthrowing a wide open Devante Adams for a TD. Those were just his last 2 passes in that game. Whoever the coach is, he needs a couple better players and to get this team to just do their jobs. I think blaming the coach and the plays is easier than accepting this team has not played well and our normally accurate QB has not been, he's not been smart at times, we need a couple positions on the offensive line and we seem to have 1 pass catcher that is reliable on offense. It's going to be another tough offseason to try and fill those voids. It's a lot.

God I mostly agree with Mondio, what's the world coming to! Oline, I think we need 3. Not so sure about receivers, I like our rookies, hopefully they grow into something special next year.
And, next year, please, can we have a FB! :)
Is Rodgers a diva? Yes, a little, all superstars have a little diva in them. I think it drives them.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He might have a point, but the other 52 players should not get off the hook as I'm afraid is happening. If they aren't coming to MM's defense or feeling the need to have more heart out there, then they too must be called out as prima donnas for causing this.
Well, maybe they are. But no one's going to care. If they are all prima donnas, Rodgers is the big star and he's the one everyone is going to talk about. Fame is a double edged sword.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You kidding?
I'm so excited with the long overdue departure of McMoron.

I'm just curious. Why is it that you think you have to be condescending, insulting, and disrespectful to nearly everyone by calling them childish, idiotic names? If you think it makes you look funny or clever or something, it doesn't. Boorish more appropriately comes to mind.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have no proof. They just believe if they say it enough times people will believe them.

Some people simply enjoy complaining.

That definitely seems to be the case. I'm waiting people!

Do I really need to pull up the quotes from him calling out the recievers in the preseason?

Do i really need to pull up every clip of him making hand gestures to receivers after every throw hits the ground without a player in the the screen shot?

Do I need to pull up every clip where hes looking at his WRs like they just kicked his puppy?

Do I have to post the article where Jeff Saturday stated Rodgers litteraly changed the route trees from what was called on the huddle? (good lord Jamie Fox did that in a movie when they wanted to make him look like a prima donna)

Sometimes those are warranted sure. But good lord dont act like it doesnt happen. Your not helping your argument. Only weakening it

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do I really need to pull up the quotes from him calling out the recievers in the preseason?

Do i really need to pull up every clip of him making hand gestures to receivers after every throw hits the ground without a player in the the screen shot?

Do I need to pull up every clip where hes looking at his WRs like they just kicked his puppy?

Do I have to post the article where Jeff Saturday stated Rodgers litteraly changed the route trees from what was called on the huddle? (good lord Jamie Fox did that in a movie when they wanted to make him look like a prima donna)

Sometimes those are warranted sure. But good lord dont act like it doesnt happen. Your not helping your argument. Only weakening it

1. You mean like how a lot of QB's do? Sure be my guess.

2. Again like the first go right ahead.

3. So changing the route trees make Rodgers a prima donna...Got it.

4. If you took the time and read what I stated you would've seen I acknowledged that Rodgers wasn't perfect, but all these accusations of him being a bad teammate and blaming others is inaccurate. Getting frustrated and upset at times whether it's b/c a receiver dropped a catchable pass or whether they ran a wrong route is part of the territory. It doesn't help considering Rodgers know if that if he doesn't put up points, there's a high chance they'll be blown out. I mean more times than often Rodgers is the one bailing the team out of trouble.

So again please bring up times where Rodgers threw his teammate under the bus, and let me be specific since I did a terrible job and I wasn't clear with this remark. Think back to last week to when Big Ben threw AB under the bus in regards to the podium for his interception. When has Rodgers stooped so low and blamed someone for his mistakes? When has he gotten in a player's face? When has he done any of the stuff that I mentioned up there in regards to the samples of Prima Donna's in the NFL.

If you're saying Rodgers is not the easiest person to play with, THAT is fair. He holds people to a high standard as he does himself. That's what it takes to win. What I don't get is we marvel at guys like Peyton and Brady and they've chewed and yelled at teammates and gotten in the faces with coaches and whatnot. But they aren't Prima Donnas. And yet Rodgers is for some reason.

Difficult and high matinence? Fine. Prima Donna? Gimme a break.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I think of Prima Donna I think of Cam Newton.
When I think of Prima Donna I think of Ben Roethlisberger.
When I think of Prima Donna I think of Jay Cutler.
When I think of Prima Donna I think of Jameis Winston.
When I think of Prima Donna I think Ryan Fitzpatrick during his time in New York.

I'm waiting.

Uh, just this past training camp Rodgers ripped into his teammates. He ripped into them (though not by name)
after the Buffalo game. In 2016 after a loss to Indianapolis he ripped the offense for a lack of energy.

Countless times he's gotten in the face publicly during games of teammates who ran wrong routes or otherwise made mental errors. Former teammates such as Jermichael Finley and Greg Jennings have ripped Rodgers for being arrogant and prideful.

How much this stuff even bothers anyone is up to the discretion of the individual, and there are 2 sides to every story. But let's not sit here and bury our heads in the sand and act like the QBs you listed are just terrible head cases while simultaneously pretending that Rodgers has always been the ultimate teammate with not so much as a whiff of a distraction. You can define "prima donna" however you'd like but rattling off a list of QBs who may have had one single incident in their respective careers while implying that Rodgers has been totally innocent is the height of homerism.

And Roethlisberger is a **** for blaming Brown, but I'm a Packer fan, not a Steeler fan, so I really don't care about that. Rodgers' attitude and persona has nothing to do with any other team or QB.

Last edited:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll also add that it's not a great look for Rodgers that at least 3 former teammates (Jennings, Driver, Finley) had some critical things to say about his leadership after leaving Green Bay. These guys would know the inner workings far better than any of us.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm just curious. Why is it that you think you have to be condescending, insulting, and disrespectful to nearly everyone by calling them childish, idiotic names? If you think it makes you look funny or clever or something, it doesn't. Boorish more appropriately comes to mind.
Make a thread!