No Love?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
When the Packers lose its all over the damn highlights. The only thing I've seen/heard on the national level is about Brett's 400th TD.

What gives? Do I jus have bad timing?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
people are just gonna say "detroit sucks"

and while thats true, it was impressive in some areas (improvement by line, other rookies, coaches, and we won despite 3 fumbles, which is impressive)

wait till we beat the eagles on MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL....then its on!

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it was the Lions. Beat the Eagles next week, and you might get predictions for the Pack to make the playoffs.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a major backlash against the Packers last year, because they had been good for so long then they had an awful season. The backlash has continued into this year. Also, the Favre retirement talk has overshadowed the team. There are very few national journalists who are interested in the Packers beyond Brett Favre. It didn't help that the Packers hired an unknown to be their head coach. So they will have to earn the respect of the national media all over again, but when you think about it, maybe that's the way it should be.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I havent heard anything good either other then Bretts 400 TD pass...some idiot said "BRETT FAVRE" didnt have ONE interception this whole game..I am thinking ALL QB's have interceptions...at least we have a QB that is passionate about the game of football and who wants to win, he may take chances when they are behind in scoring, but he has to, to make things happen...:)

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
When the Packers lose its all over the damn highlights. The only thing I've seen/heard on the national level is about
Brett's 400th TD.

Hey that 400th Touchdown is awesome I saw it 2/3 times on sportscenter. And they also wrote a article about it in the paper, so what about 20 more and Marino record is gone.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
At least they're not talking trade and/or retirement crap again...well at least this week!
This was on CNNSI today in the Truth and Rumors section:

Brett Favre addressed the subject last week, saying he doesn't anticipate a trade and didn't think he would go. That's what he says now. If the opportunity comes up to go to either the Redskins, Bucs, Broncos or even the Cowboys, how could he say no?
-- New York Daily News

Leelee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The media loves to make crap up. Just more of the same. It's funny how the media is now questioning if Big Ben and Tom Brady are not as good as they thought. How they love to build 'em up too big only to tear them down at the first sign of weakness.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what you expected out of the media? C'mon we beat the Lions and it took every play of 4 quarters to do so. This would mean we are evenly matched. When you are bad you don't get much discussion from the national media.

They talk about Brett because it is a huge milestone in his career and people know about him. Outside of that there's very little to talk about outside of GB

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I don't know what you expected out of the media? C'mon we beat the Lions and it took every play of 4 quarters to do so. This would mean we are evenly matched. When you are bad you don't get much discussion from the national media.

They talk about Brett because it is a huge milestone in his career and people know about him. Outside of that there's very little to talk about outside of GB

Negative nancy

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:

I expect them to say something. When the Packers lost, each game they blasted the Packers and said Brett is over the hill an needs to retire.

The least they could say is the Packers showed improvement albeit against a poor team.

:feedback: :feedback: :feedback:
duh ... think next time

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
I havent heard anything good either other then Bretts 400 TD pass...some idiot said "BRETT FAVRE" didnt have ONE interception this whole game..

Lot of national and local media harp on his int totals...It was 12 games in a row starting back to last year that he had at least one int in a game...

So to play a game and NOT toss an int after doing it in 12 straight games deserves a mention..

Yes or no?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
we beat Detroit what do you expect a parade?

We beat Detroit do you expect a parade?

Apparently you didn't read my post.

I expect them to say something. When the Packers lost, each game they blasted the Packers and said Brett is over the hill an needs to retire.

The least they could say is the Packers showed improvement albeit against a poor team.

:feedback::feedback::feedback:
duh ... think next time

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To bad ABC lost MN football or else I know of 1 jolly fat man who would be ranting on Brett next Monday. LOL Who carse what the others say the Packer family knows Brett is the best there was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be. Woooooo