No Hot Water? Seriously?

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
This is just ridiculous... I smell conspiracy :p

Home locker room short on hot water

By Todd Archer

IRVING, Texas -- Win or lose, the Green Bay Packers won't have to worry about being in hot water after Super Bowl XLV at Cowboys Stadium.
That's because, according to several Dallas Cowboys players, the home locker room hasn't had much hot water for postgame showers.
"You get a little chilly when you get out of there," Cowboys Pro Bowl tight end Jason Witten said Thursday.

As the home team for Super Bowl XLV, that's the locker room where the Packers will be setting up camp.
Several Packers players were taken aback by the news. Linebacker A.J. Hawk asked his former Ohio State teammate Bobby Carpenter about the stadium and the former Cowboy did not mention the lack of hot water.
"Wow, that puts a damper on the day," Packers right tackle Bryan Bulaga said. "Cold water? I'm just saying, how much did that stadium cost: $1.2 billion? Get a hot water tank. It should be the size of a room.
"Let's worry about that after the game."
Cowboys players Jay Ratliff and Miles Austin also said the water can be too cold.
"With the season we had, I'd have turned off the hot water, too," Ratliff said, referring to the Cowboys' disappointing 6-10 campaign.
Witten admitted he didn't remember the water being so cold in 2009 when the Cowboys went 11-5, won the NFC East and a wild-card playoff game in the first year of the stadium.
Considering the cost of the stadium, wouldn't somebody say something to owner and general manager Jerry Jones?
"Heck no, you don't say anything to Jerry," Witten said. "Win some more games, then maybe."
Todd Archer covers the Cowboys for ESPNDallas.com.
Follow Todd Archer on Twitter: @toddarcher

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised. Why was media day freezing btw? Are there no heaters for the main stadium? I guess I can see the Stadium not having them. Or did Jerry just figure, why should I spend the money to heat the place for one day of media interviews.

A lot of journalists are complaining how cold all the event sites are. Where's the heat Dallas? Dallas is NOT making the media really happy here and none have had good things to say about the experience so far as I can tell.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well no wonder why Jerry Jones is so rich.
He's miserly, even to his own players.

I call out: Honey! We're gonna be rich! Cold showers from now on!

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I think the Dallas organization is a tad jealous.

No doubt they are. Not a huge secret when the new place was built old Jerry did so with the grand plan that his boys would be playing in the first Super Bowl there.

That being said, the NFL controls basically everything when it comes down the venue for the Super Bowl and I would expect the problem will be fixed quickly.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I think the Dallas organization is a tad jealous.

Jerry did have a snide statement when asked if he was angry at the Steelers or Packers. To paraphrase.

"No, I'm not angry at the Steelers as some might think I should be. I mean, we beat them in SB XXXIII (or whatever it was)." Kind of a slap at the Steelers.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I saw the thread title I thought is was more personal since our water heater here at home went out last night.
It was due to the recent blizzard.
It's working again now though.

Shall I ship some of our hot water to the Packers?
I'm sure the cardboard box will hold it just fine.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
That being said, the NFL controls basically everything when it comes down the venue for the Super Bowl and I would expect the problem will be fixed quickly.

I don't know. The current commissioner of the NFL makes Bud Selig look good. :happy0005:

OP
OP
PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I saw the thread title I thought is was more personal since our water heater here at home went out last night.
It was due to the recent blizzard.
It's working again now though.

Shall I ship some of our hot water to the Packers?
I'm sure the cardboard box will hold it just fine.

Well of course this was a subliminal stalker message to you, FF, I talk to your electric company all the time :p hehe

I think your donation will be appreciated as Jerry's World has become Jerry's Third World

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well of course this was a subliminal stalker message to you, FF, I talk to your electric company all the time :p hehe

I think your donation will be appreciated as Jerry's World has become Jerry's Third World
Your my stalker?
Kewl.
I feel so famous.

Hey, your screen name.
If the shoe fits, wear it.

And by "personal" I thought you meant your water.
But since your in touch with our electric company, have them lower our bills. 'K?
Thanx.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
It was an easy decision for Jerry Jones. World's biggest score board or hot water.

Like anyone here would have made a different choice between the two.

:crazy:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect there is no real problem here. It sounds like an excuse.

Cowboy player walking naked out of shower to reporter, (stammering with embarrassed expression) "ummm, you see, its the showers. Yeah, thats it. We were out of hot water and it was cold in there. You know about frightened turtles, right?"

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
I suspect there is no real problem here. It sounds like an excuse.

Cowboy player walking naked out of shower to reporter, (stammering with embarrassed expression) "ummm, you see, its the showers. Yeah, thats it. We were out of hot water and it was cold in there. You know about frightened turtles, right?"

Do they call it "Pulling a Favre" in Dallas, or does it go by something else there? Just curious...

OP
OP
PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your my stalker?
Kewl.
I feel so famous.

Hey, your screen name.
If the shoe fits, wear it.

And by "personal" I thought you meant your water.
But since your in touch with our electric company, have them lower our bills. 'K?
Thanx.

Well in my utilities electric seems to cover anything heated, I know they're separate I just conglomerate them in my bills and in my mind :p

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Must have a lot to compensate for, err, a very little to, umm...

You're probably right.

I'm gonna go watch the replay of the Raji Pick 6 now, need a better visual.:banging:

Well, you ever see the televised Dallas games, and they show his daughter who looks exactly like him? I think the only difference between her and her dad is that she has longer hair, and breasts. :happy0005:

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Must have a lot to compensate for, err, a very little to, umm...

You're probably right.

I'm gonna go watch the replay of the Raji Pick 6 now, need a better visual.:banging:

nothing like a little Taj Mahaji INT return to use as brain floss :D:happy0005:

Well, you ever see the televised Dallas games, and they show his daughter who looks exactly like him? I think the only difference between her and her dad is that she has longer hair, and breasts. :happy0005:

his Wife isn't much better looking :hunter:

Members online

Latest posts