Fan from the past

Moose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a lifelong California resident. I remember watching the packers on CBS when there were only 3 TV channels back in 1966 when I was 12 years old. My Dad was born in Beaver Dam, Wi. and when I was a kid he took us to a game at Kesar Stadium in SF. I think Starr was hurt because it was Zeke Bratkowski at QB vs. John Brodie. I don't remember who won but was hooked on the Pack from that moment on. It was AFL and NFL, so there were no interleague games except the Super Bowl. There were lean years after the first 2 Super Bowl victories, so needless to say, there weren't a lot of fellow fans out this way. I'm glad I stayed true through the years. Back in the early 2000s, I worked with and was friends with Jethro Franklin after he starred with the Fresno State Bulldogs. He went on to be the Packers D line coach under Mike Sherman. He knew I was a Packer fan and was nice enough to invite me to stay at his home and catch a game at Lambeau. I was able to take my son in 2003 and daughter in 2004. We met Favre, Ahman Green, Gilbert Brown, Donald Driver, and several other players. Very nice guys and organization. He also took us on a tour, including the locker room and field where I got to take a pic of my son at the big green G on the 50 yard line. You wouldn't believe how many fans there are here now with a the license plate frames, bumper stickers, etc., and sports bars where thy meet up to watch games. Here's to the classiest team in football!

Members online

Latest posts