Nick Perry News???

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure what to think...JS Online said he looked uncomfortable in coverage and tackling in the open field...I think if he doesn't feel that natural/innate comfort level right away it likely will take some time until he does...if he ever does.

I think he will be a more traditional rookie prospect this year, but it has only been a week. Perhaps he will improve quickly as camp progresses, and into the preseason.

I'm sorta with you. I wasn't doing back flips when Thompson selected him. I hope he makes my prediction of 6-7 sacks pay off(I may have to revisit that;)) . We need production from him. Learn quickly and learn well Nick.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McQuade from Riverton, UT
What improvements do you think the Packers have made to their defense this year compared to last year?
Let’s start with Nick Perry
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
. We had a defining moment at practice last night. In a one-on-one drill between Perry and Bryan Bulaga
, Perry put Bulaga on his back, and that wasn’t a rookie undrafted free agent Perry was working against, that’s one of the best young tackles in the game. Bulaga was reacting to Perry’s speed when, all of a sudden, Perry turned to power. That’s the skill set that should make Perry a star rusher. Tackles can overplay to the speed of a speed rusher, or to the power of a bull rusher, but you don’t dare overplay a guy who’s fast and powerful. It appeared to me that most of the crowd was watching the one-on-one passing drills when Perry engaged Bulaga, because I didn’t detect much of a reaction. What the crowd may have missed is one of the most important moments in this training camp.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...a57-bdaf-2303d6ec992d?campaign=fb120806askvic

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
McQuade from Riverton, UT
What improvements do you think the Packers have made to their defense this year compared to last year?
Let’s start with Nick Perry
. We had a defining moment at practice last night. In a one-on-one drill between Perry and Bryan Bulaga
, Perry put Bulaga on his back, and that wasn’t a rookie undrafted free agent Perry was working against, that’s one of the best young tackles in the game. Bulaga was reacting to Perry’s speed when, all of a sudden, Perry turned to power. That’s the skill set that should make Perry a star rusher. Tackles can overplay to the speed of a speed rusher, or to the power of a bull rusher, but you don’t dare overplay a guy who’s fast and powerful. It appeared to me that most of the crowd was watching the one-on-one passing drills when Perry engaged Bulaga, because I didn’t detect much of a reaction. What the crowd may have missed is one of the most important moments in this training camp.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...a57-bdaf-2303d6ec992d?campaign=fb120806askvic
I was just gonna post the same thing. Looks like Mr. Perry has it. He's just real busy learning a new position during game drills. Only going to get better.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice to see he has it in him...let's hope he can show it more as camp progresses into the pre-season. If there's anything Perry should feel comfortable doing it's pass-rushing...even it's from a 3 point stance.

It's gotta be real good to be practicing against Bulaga every day too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts