Nick Collins the difference maker against the Saints..?

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So when we look back at week 1 when we beat the Saints, it was a close game that we won by one inch.. and I imagine if we play them again in this post-season it is going to be another one of those close games. Think about this though, Nick Collins forced a fumble early in that game which gave us an advantage going forward in that match.

I'm not saying our other guys can't create those turnovers, because they've clearly shown they can, but do you think Collins not being in this game as he was in week 1 will be a huge impact?

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've thought about that too. But that was the turnover we forced, we almost always force turnovers SOMEHOW. Brees played just about the PERFECT game, and he still had to make a last second drive and then would have had to get the 2 point conversation. But he didn't get either.

There's no doubt the loss of Nick Collins has affected this defense. But people keep forgetting we won that game, and we were ahead the whole time. We were actually up a couple scores for most of the second half if I remember and we pretty much took our foot off the gas to just try and run out the clock. They caught up, but still couldn't win it.

Brees has to come to freezing Lambeau, he won't be in his comfy dome. Yeah it will be close, but if anyone should be worried about this game (if it happens) it's the Saints.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nice profile pic youfrogtpoland, but it looks like that dog needs a bigger cheesehead.

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree completely Poland. There is so much out there right now saying the Saints are the team to beat, etc etc.. but I still firmly believe it is the Packers that are the team to beat. When exactly is the last time they lost at home? I can't even recall! I like the Saints.. I have mad respect for Brees and I think Sean Peyton is an amazing coach that players want to win for, but honestly I have a suspicion that their 2011 legacy will be left behind in the regular season. Although any team can beat the Pack any given Sunday, its the rest of the league that should be concerned.. just my thoughts.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not true that we won by an inch.

They needed not only a touchdown, but also a 2 point conversion to TIE the game. Let's not get revisionist in here.

We won that game by 8 points.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not true that we won by an inch.

They needed not only a touchdown, but also a 2 point conversion to TIE the game. Let's not get revisionist in here.

We won that game by 8 points.

Yep, this is what I've been saying. All the Saints fans are saying we barely escaped that game with the win. They are the ones that had to claw tooth and nail to be in the position just to tie, and they didn't even do that.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree completely Poland. There is so much out there right now saying the Saints are the team to beat, etc etc.. but I still firmly believe it is the Packers that are the team to beat. When exactly is the last time they lost at home? I can't even recall! I like the Saints.. I have mad respect for Brees and I think Sean Peyton is an amazing coach that players want to win for, but honestly I have a suspicion that their 2011 legacy will be left behind in the regular season. Although any team can beat the Pack any given Sunday, its the rest of the league that should be concerned.. just my thoughts.

I believe the last time we lost at home was to the Dolphins last year.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
We jumped out in that game and they were playing catchup the rest of the way. They could have scored and they could have made a two point conversion to TIE the game. But they didn't. Bree's can't win in cold weather, just look at his stats in starts under 45 degrees.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't put much into stats of playing in cold weather etc.. etc.. because there is not nearly enough volume to make a conclusive statement. I think the saints are going to give us a run for our money in the NFC championship game and they worry me more than any other team. Nick Collins would usually cover the TE of the opposing team as well and needless to say the saints have a pretty....pretty...pretty good one.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C'mon, enough about the Saints. I think we need a thread on the Falcons/Giants that starts assessing our next opponent and isn't a "NYG is your worst nightmare."

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C'mon, enough about the Saints. I think we need a thread on the Falcons/Giants that starts assessing our next opponent and isn't a "NYG is your worst nightmare."

This is assuming that the Lions have no chance against the Saints? We could be playing the Lions in a week. The Saints have an amazing offense but so do the Lions and I think that they can stick with them. Limit the mental mistakes and it'll be a good game. I can't wait for their game tomorrow.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Thing is if the Packers/Saints meet again let's not act like everything that happened week 1 will automatically repeat itself again in late January.

And as realcaliforniacheese pointed out the Packers jumped out to a lead (like they often do at times this year) and the other team was playing catch up. I never felt the Packers were going to lose. I always felt like the Saints were chasing to catch up.

Members online

Latest posts