Nick Collins out atleast 2 weeks

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
In Green Bay injury terms.. that is probably 4 to 6 weeks.. :lol:

Speedy recovery to a guy that isn't getting enough credit for his play this year.

OP
OP
IronMan

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM just said that Bubba was "at least a few weeks away", also. So yeah Pack93z, 4-6 weeks for Collins is probably about right.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we just have to move on. We'll see. I think Rouse will surprise.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the NFL one mans misfortunes could mean another mans time to rise and shine.... I can promis you this, teams will take their shots on the kid Rose, he has no big game experience, I hope the coaches can speed up his learning process, because that was his knock......

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:
Well we just have to move on. We'll see. I think Rouse will surprise.

Yes I think he will do alright.. but he will make some "youthful" mistakes..

Yeah that is to be expected. Frankly I'm hoping he just doesn't make any manuel size mistakes.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm wondering how much the dropoff from Collins to Rouse will be.

Normally I'd say there HAS to be a significant dropoff cuz Collins is solid, but this year he's looked average. He never really took that next step I thought he would take.

Maybe the FS position won't miss a step. Heck, maybe it will be better!(although I don't think that, but its possible)

Maybe Rouse will catch the interceptions that hit him in the hands..

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope Collins is back in time for the Lions at Detroit....were gona have to deal without him until than, this is why you need depth at all postions and Im happy we drafted this kid Rouse, he can lay some wood, im excited to see his play in live action games

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope Collins is back in time for the Lions at Detroit....were gona have to deal without him until than, this is why you need depth at all postions and Im happy we drafted this kid Rouse, he can lay some wood, im excited to see his play in live action games

Does anyone know what the hell happened to Culver?

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ya hes solid, and maybe more capable as far as knowing what the schemes are....than Rouse

shanks2122

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im not worried about collins being out this week cause hes a big time hitter and i think he will put a little scare into adrian peterson. that being said collins needs to hurry up and get back for the lions game.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's not an ACL or MCL tear, I say we're extremely lucky. That looked bad when it happened. I thought his season was over, and a long rehab was in his future.

Collins is a tough dude. Remember when he slid into the wall during an intrasquad scrimmage and was fine? He is just built tough.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never take injuries as good news but I think Collins dodged a bullet. His season looked over.

I watched Aaron Rouse as closely as anyone at the Senior Bowl. He was all over the field and always around the ball.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is too bad. I thought Collins had his best game of the year on Sunday (subject to dropping two INTs, one of which hit him in the hands).

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Rouse was a better safety than Reggie Nelson.

He was one of the few picks over the off-season that I was ecstatic about. I thought he'd make an impact with the Packers right away, but he had to wait. Well? Here's his chance. Other than being blocked the **** out on Sunday, he played solid football.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Rouse was a better safety than Reggie Nelson.

He was one of the few picks over the off-season that I was ecstatic about. I thought he'd make an impact with the Packers right away, but he had to wait. Well? Here's his chance. Other than being blocked the **** out on Sunday, he played solid football.

are you serious.....reggie nelson is a straight playmaker, take a look at his numbers in jacksonville.....if rouse were as good he would have been handed the starting job instead of bigby

Reaction score
It's fortunate that Collins won't be out for more than 4-6 weeks (as Pack93z said, that is what 'a couple of weeks' means for Packers, lol).

I've been wondering why on earth we don't try to put Rouse out there on TEs, and now I believe we'll see it happen. Rouse has impressive physicals, so hopefully he'll put them to good use.

The 3rd round pick Ted spent on Rouse is looking really wise right about now...

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully we have him for the Lions and Cowboys. Till then we should be alright without him. We also have till then to figure out how to cover a TE or I fear Witten will kill us

Members online

Latest posts