Nick Collins blown coverage

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Is anyone other than Charles Woodson upset at Nick the last game about that blown coverage on Sunday's game. The one that allowed the TD?

This is at least the second time this happened this year, and its pretty frustrating that it seems like he just gives up after the tackle.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, but honestly, I'm going to blame our s*** offensive play calling for this.
You mean the play calling that had Rodgers go play-action and have wide open WRs & TEs for 1st downs, only to see Rodgers throw them at our guys foot, or into the grass 3 feet in front of the receiver?

3 Drives ended because of ****** passes on good play calling.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
You mean the play calling that had Rodgers go play-action and have wide open WRs & TEs for 1st downs, only to see Rodgers throw them at our guys foot, or into the grass 3 feet in front of the receiver?

3 Drives ended because of ****** passes on good play calling.

Good playcalling is not run-run-pass, with runs being stuffed, leaving Rodgers with a 3rd and 10 situation. The plays were characteristically predictable of MM once we get a lead.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Our Defense was TIRED and so was Nick!! Watch the game again and they were huffing and puffing big time. 5 playoff type games in a row...no breaks. Chicago was the more rested team with a bye and barely broke a sweat whipping the seahawks. It showed up in the 4th. Maybe it's an excuse, I dunno.

We need this bye more than the Steelers, that's for sure.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Why does everyone need to bring up negative **** my god people we won the fricken game and are going to the superbowl what else more can you ask for? Would you rather have no screw ups and lose the game or have screw ups overcome them and win the game??? It's ridiculous you guys can't be happy were in the damn superbowl!!!!!!!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Why does everyone need to bring up negative **** my god people we won the fricken game and are going to the superbowl what else more can you ask for? Would you rather have no screw ups and lose the game or have screw ups overcome them and win the game??? It's ridiculous you guys can't be happy were in the damn superbowl!!!!!!!
We're all thrilled, dude. But we got 2 weeks to kill. Gotta talk about something.

Also, I'm not sure there's a way to lose a game with "no screw ups".

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now, at least to me, Nick Collins and the D are beyond reproach. They are a large part of the reason why we won that game. I'm also going with exhaustion if you want to consider their play sloppy in any way. As for Collins himself, I am more than willing to forgive him this based on the wealth of good he has done this team. He plays lights out and has earned a few get out of jail for free cards.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
We're all thrilled, dude. But we got 2 weeks to kill. Gotta talk about something.

Also, I'm not sure there's a way to lose a game with "no screw ups".

Reference 1982 championship game that was a game of no screw ups yet the cowboys still lost 28-27...........

AKA the catch....

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, look at the bright side, if Collins hadn't miffed on that coverage, then the game might not have gone down to the wire, and Shields might not have had the chance to make all of us jump for joy with our hands waving around in the air when he picked that ball off...

Silver lining people, silver lining.

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it wasn't a blown coverage, he just took an absolute TERRIBLE angle. why he thought he should run out of bounds, i'll never understand... if he had done it right he would have hit the receiver before he even turned around

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I'm sure Collin had a talking to, and won't make that mistake of assuming the receiver is going out of bounds in the SB. I hope he's a hitting machine and knocks guys into next week (legally that is).

OP
OP
Powarun

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I'm sure Collin had a talking to, and won't make that mistake of assuming the receiver is going out of bounds in the SB. I hope he's a hitting machine and knocks guys into next week (legally that is).

Me too, i was just very frustrated when it happened. When I saw that play I was thinking of the infamous quote. "C'mon man, this isn't Detroit, this is the Super Bowl." You have to make those plays.

Staff online

Members online