NFL's moneyball

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt there will be those who will keep on insisting that it is defense that wins championships.
That is really ingrained in the brain.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm a numbers guy - I can make numbers tap dance for me. It's ALL in the presentation - in much the same way that one can take any Nostradamus quatrain and make him a soothsayer with the benefit of hindsight. Heck, I agree to a degree - but, come on ... the Pack lacked a defense in almost any measurable. This past season, I firmly believe that ANY defense would have propelled the Pack into the Super Bowl.

I think that to totally buy into the writer's theory, you first have to buy into the writer's preconceived notion that the Giants were lucky to be in the Super Bowl and the Patriots weren't. Take away that particular qualifier and the writer presents a very compelling affirmative defense of the theory that he's putting forward.

Back in the day... I'd have said that the writer wrote this article backwards, meaning, he wrote the last paragraph first and built upon it until he reached the lead. He knew what he wanted to say before he even sat down to the keyboard. Just my opinion...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The running back is an overrated position."

Yup. Been saying that for a while now. Glad to know the stat geeks agree.

Love the part about the guy who only goes for onside kicks, recovering them 49% of the time. A 29-0 lead against a powerhouse team BEFORE they get a chance to run a single offensive play is brilliant.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The running back is an overrated position."

Yup. Been saying that for a while now. Glad to know the stat geeks agree.

Love the part about the guy who only goes for onside kicks, recovering them 49% of the time. A 29-0 lead against a powerhouse team BEFORE they get a chance to run a single offensive play is brilliant.

They profiled that coach on real sports. It was interesting.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts