NFL/PACKER Revenue

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Milwaukee Journal Sentinal Article

Packers keep increasing revenue and seem to only keep up with the competition. 10th in revenue with the addition of the Atrium, Fan Fest, etc.

According to Forbes the Packers had revenue of $168 million in 2003. The rate of NFL extraction of money is incredible.

As soon as the owners have an agreement on sharing local revenues I hope the rules get defined and there are some limitations on the rate of increase.

The newer owners seem to be the problem Snyder, Jerry Jones, Bob McNair, etc. They also happen to be among the highest revenue generators.

I really don't want to see naming rights on stadiums "required".

I think some proportional sharing of luxury boxes is inevitable.

Some percentage of concessions and parking will go to the players.

I hate to see the Packers at 10th in the league at revenue generation having to support the Vikings at 31st with Packer fan money.

Amazing that a small market like the Packers can compete in revenue under the current rules.

If only Bob Harlan can stay in the drivers seat through the transistion they should be able to compete under the new rules.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Naming rights on Stadiums has been the bane of the NFL and Corporate greed for over a decade now. I used to work for RCA, here in Indy. RCA paid 10mil for the Hoosier Dome naming rights... The workers at RCA were refused a pay raise over that item. It was supposed to have been a significant pay raise at that - which they reneged on.... I don't like it - never have! It takes away the identity of the locality involved. HoosierDome was distinctive - now, we locals (RCA types) all call it the NipperDome, which the media frown upon, but I say ... so what!

They better never change Lambeau Field...... ever!

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess RCA must have felt those poor NFL players and owners needed the money a lot more than their own employees.
:evil: :puke:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
I guess RCA must have felt those poor NFL players and owners needed the money a lot more than their own employees. :evil: :puke:
Especially since they, shortly thereafter, moved the whole factory to Juarez, Mexico where the Employees make pennies compared to the salaries paid in Indy. At least I was able to worm some college funding out of it before they moved away....

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Especially since they, shortly thereafter, moved the whole factory to Juarez, Mexico where the Employees make pennies compared to the salaries paid in Indy. At least I was able to worm some college funding out of it before they moved away....

So there was some good came out of it your college funding and it may have kept some illegal aliens in Mexico.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :beersign:

chickpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was most impressed by the increase in revenues for the Pro Shop. According to the article I read they went from 1.7 million to 17.1 million.
That is crazy.

And I think for the most part - those are the Packers revenue to keep and not share- after licensing fees.

OP
OP
C

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Under current rule the Packers can still compete. What happens to the Packers with the new revenue sharing agreement? We will see. The revenue sharing agreement amongst the owners has to take place before CBA with players.

This negotiation amongst owners will take time and has not really started yet.

Members online

Latest posts