NFL is fixed????

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moreover I'm interested in knowing something. Were the NFL actually scripting game outcomes and it becomes substantiated common knowledge, what do you want done? What is your purpose for bringing this up?

no one said anything about scripting anything. The players just play, they aren't in on any fix. the officials just bend as they are told to.

I don't know ? I have no distinct purpose entirely. I would rather it not be true myself but it has become interesting to me that a majority of people are just downright defensive and scared of the possibility.

they are right/the NFL,.. even if this is true I would still watch as long as its only the officials manipulating crap and they let the players play, the athletes still do amazing things.
quite frankly, I belonged to a cult when I was a kid so my ******** detector is quite in tune when something just isn't right to me.

I just gave you a multiple examples of perfect scenarios and you still choose to believe its just pure chance.
Again, a ref makes a call that your naked eye knows is wrong and the replay constantly shows you is wrong and they still rule the other way and do it week after week after week, its not a chance/ mistake anymore. Its a lie and they've proven America is dumb enough to buy it over and over and over again.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
no one said anything about scripting anything. The players just play, they aren't in on any fix. the officials just bend as they are told to.

I don't know ? I have no distinct purpose entirely. I would rather it not be true myself but it has become interesting to me that a majority of people are just downright defensive and scared of the possibility.

they are right/the NFL,.. even if this is true I would still watch as long as its only the officials manipulating crap and they let the players play, the athletes still do amazing things.
quite frankly, I belonged to a cult when I was a kid so my ******** detector is quite in tune when something just isn't right to me.

I just gave you a multiple examples of perfect scenarios and you still choose to believe its just pure chance.
Again, a ref makes a call that your naked eye knows is wrong and the replay constantly shows you is wrong and they still rule the other way and do it week after week after week, its not a chance/ mistake anymore. Its a lie and they've proven America is dumb enough to buy it over and over and over again.

I can claim anything!! My great great great great great grandfather was George Washington. You are making wild statements with no proof. Hahahaha.

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
except that they haven't made the playoffs since the 2009-2010 season.

I can claim anything!! My great great great great great grandfather was George Washington. You are making wild statements with no proof. Hahahaha.

there is proof and it happens every year and I already gave the examples of evidence . You just choose to ignore blatant examples. You need to be told that when a ref makes a call opposite of what you know you saw that it is in fact wrong and a lie ? I don't, I can logically figure that out for myself. Its called deductive reason dude.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You're misunderstanding the terminology. Scripting outcomes and game fixing are one and the same in that the outcome is predetermined but the journey is an open book. Interestingly WWF style wrestling writers and match bookers use much the same formula, though also include specific instances of high drama or action referred to as "spots". I digress though.

Sorry if you dislike the high threshold or proof required to be convincing on this subject but I got a pretty finely tuned ******** detector myself having 10 years of federal government employment under my belt and just generally being pretty intelligent in general. To reiterate something I said far earlier, it is entirely plausible that NFL games can and have been fixed in the past. What is not supported by anything but conjecture is the contention that the NFL itself is preforming the practice as well. The logic you are using to form your argument with is deeply flawed.

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And what....one playoff win since 1996? So the powers that be want them to consistently make the playoff and lose rightaway. I wonder if the ref greased the ball before the snap of Romo's infamous field goal fumble?

I'll give an example/theory...but later, LOL I'm sick of typing and need to go.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there is proof and it happens every year and I already gave the examples of evidence . You just choose to ignore blatant examples. You need to be told that when a ref makes a call opposite of what you know you saw that it is in fact wrong and a lie ? I don't, I can logically figure that out for myself. Its called deductive reason dude.
It's called begging the question and you should stop doing it. And your "perfect" examples are cherry picking.

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're misunderstanding the terminology. Scripting outcomes and game fixing are one and the same in that the outcome is predetermined but the journey is an open book. Interestingly WWF style wrestling writers and match bookers use much the same formula, though also include specific instances of high drama or action referred to as "spots". I digress though.

Sorry if you dislike the high threshold or proof required to be convincing on this subject but I got a pretty finely tuned ******** detector myself having 10 years of federal government employment under my belt and just generally being pretty intelligent in general. To reiterate something I said far earlier, it is entirely plausible that NFL games can and have been fixed in the past. What is not supported by anything but conjecture is the contention that the NFL itself is preforming the practice as well. The logic you are using to form your argument with is deeply flawed.

I don't misunderstand anything. The players do what they do without premeditated desire to fix a game. there is no script or fix. The game does what it does and the refs manipulate the momentum. You say I have no proof and so you are saying you choose not to scrutinize each call the refs make.

I just showed rules they made to help them lie within the rules as well. How much more help do you need ?

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's called begging the question and you should stop doing it. And your "perfect" examples are cherry picking.

cherry picking ? Yes, the most blatant examples of wrong doing. Just like the NFL cherry picks the games they manipulate and the direction they want a narrative to go. Perfect examples are perfect examples. LOL what you are telling me is that the most obvious examples pass you by. what difference does it make how cherry picked you think they are ? that much cant simply happen by pure chance no matter how hard you want to believe it.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't misunderstand anything. The players do what they do without premeditated desire to fix a game. there is no script or fix. The game does what it does and the refs manipulate the momentum. You say I have no proof and so you are saying you choose not to scrutinize each call the refs make.

I just showed rules they made to help them lie within the rules as well. How much more help do you need ?
No that's not what I said at all. I said that believing that there is only one reason for every single bad call made is beyond stupid and simpleminded reasoning.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cherry picking ? Yes, the most blatant examples of wrong doing. Just like the NFL cherry picks the games they manipulate and the direction they want a narrative to go. Perfect examples are perfect examples. LOL what you are telling me is that the most obvious examples pass you by. what difference does it make how cherry picked you think they are ? that much cant simply happen by pure chance no matter how hard you want to believe it.
Why not?

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

Coincidence and "proof" are two different things. You need facts....and well....PROOF to say these things are true. You have neither. All you are doing is making people question your sanity.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because it is well done like an article but none of the outlets under the NFLs thumb want it out there.This was very well researched and I hate the stupid internet term-blog- anyway.
That right I'm a sports fan in general but I believe its become easier to notice dishonest trends in sports and football is trying too hard to make things look so nice because they in fact don't care because they are legally allowed to. But they obviously still keep the curtains closed when you cant find controversial plays on youtube when you can find so much other NFL footage a majority of the time.
Good research provides sources. This drivel doesn't.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any time you have a business that generates that type of massive cash flow, there will be some sort of coruption. No way in hell will you have all honest little boy scouts working for you. Weather they get caught is another thing. Money can turn angels in to demons. There is **** going on indeed, to what level, we here will never personally know, but to think that it is all comfy and fluffy and nobody is doing dirty deeds with 9 billion floating around is just silly. Game fixing: Is it being done? Maybe.... maybe not. We don't have to look far to see it, FAIL MARY was an example..... a blown call at the last seconds of the game to decide a winner? When it finally comes to light that the ref who made the call is seen in pictures some time later hanging out with seattle players ..... c'mon..... even stevie wonder can see through that bullsh!t. Is it is prevelant as some writes and blogs think, probably not.....but dirty underhanded **** goes on with any big business and money talks and BS walks.
Except that the pictures were after the season are Richard Sherman's charity softball game that Sherman had employed the guy to umpire. Jesus Christ do you people not understand context or chronology for that matter?

H

HardRightEdge

yes, its proven that the league manipulates games to make you believe that crap. Rex Grossman throws 23 TDs and 20 ints and they make it to a SB because their defense is just that good ? bullcrap..no defense can make up for that crap.
same with the Dilfer/ Ravens.
As I recall, Grossman was one of the best deep ball passers in the league that season. And yes, the Bears had an outstanding defense that year. Along with Dilfer/Ravens, you've managed to cite the exceptions that demonstrate the rule.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
While only paying attention to Packer games, a few memories of things that did not seem right.
Packers@Bears in 2010 with all the flipping penalties.
Vikings@Packers? in 2010 the game was close and there were some bad calls yet the Packers won.
Packers@Patriots 2010 that game seemed way too close for Rodgers to be out.
Packers@Bears NFC Championship game, you know the NFL was going to give the Packers the win. Brett Favre era is gone, enter Rodgers to revive the Packers.
Packers/Steelers SB - Well lets say I remember when Steelers won the last SB they were in there was a lot of debate of who was the better franchise, figured a clash was going to happen in a few years.
Packers/Seahawks - yeah this one was a f'ed up one.
Also 49er/Seahawks - rarely in the NFC do two divisional teams meet for the NFC Championship. Throw in they are in the area of the USA that has a lot of spare cash and they can milk the fans.

After all those deep thoughts then I have to sigh and say, well at least they seem to have the Packers on the upswing and I'll enjoy it. :)

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I recall, Grossman was one of the best deep ball passers in the league that season. And yes, the Bears had an outstanding defense that year. Along with Dilfer/Ravens, you've managed to cite the exceptions that demonstrate the rule.

nope , I've managed to show that you buy the hype you were sold. 20 ints is a great deep ball ? before and after that season he was nothing but a back up.

it was the only full season he played and wasn't a factor at any point the rest of his sorry career.
again, no defense can pick up that kind of slack unless there is in fact foul play.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Hey, I understand why a Vikings fan would be bitter, but your repeated letters to the commissioner to spot the Vikings a 7 point lead in every game and an extra first round draft pick until they win a title is just not going to happen!

Seriously, does Buffalo receive the exact same amount of shared revenue - almost $188M last season - as New England? Does the salary cap apply differently to Buffalo than New England? Sure, teams with huge local markets and/or ultra-rich owners have an advantage but not like they do in MLB or the NBA. Has Buffalo picked earlier in the draft for the vast majority of the last 15 drafts? Was Buffalo prohibited by the league from selecting Tom Brady with one of the six picks they excercized before pick #199 of the 2000 draft? Were they prohibited from throwing a lot of money at Bill Belichick before he became Cleveland's HC or after he left Cleveland - or from acquiring any other GM or HC?

Detroit is an example of a team with absolute crap management for decades and decades - is that the league's fault in any way? You say you don't believe there's a conspiracy to promote certain teams, so what exactly are you saying?
But are the really pushing for competitive balance? Think about the rule changes in the last 15 years. Every rule change benefited teams that have good throwing games. I'm not saying there is a conspiracy for certain teams to win, but, when certain teams continue to win year in and year out no matter who coaches them. Take the Giants and Bills. Over the last 30 years they have each had 5 coaches. The Giants have been in the playoffs 14 times and won 2 SB and lost one. The Bills, have been to the playoffs 10 times and lost 4 SB. In the last 13 year the Bill have had 1 winning season. So what's the difference? They both have the same amount of money to spend. ON players. Coaches don't count against the salary cap, nor is there anything that prevents a team from paying one coach more than any other team. So while they appear to be even, they are not. Do you really think Bill Belicheat would still be in New England if he was making what Chan Gaily was making in Buffalo? So, owners that have more money can afford the better coaches. Equal, but some are more equal.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But are the really pushing for competitive balance? Think about the rule changes in the last 15 years. Every rule change benefited teams that have good throwing games. I'm not saying there is a conspiracy for certain teams to win, but, when certain teams continue to win year in and year out no matter who coaches them. Take the Giants and Bills. Over the last 30 years they have each had 5 coaches. The Giants have been in the playoffs 14 times and won 2 SB and lost one. The Bills, have been to the playoffs 10 times and lost 4 SB. In the last 13 year the Bill have had 1 winning season. So what's the difference? They both have the same amount of money to spend. ON players. Coaches don't count against the salary cap, nor is there anything that prevents a team from paying one coach more than any other team. So while they appear to be even, they are not. Do you really think Bill Belicheat would still be in New England if he was making what Chan Gaily was making in Buffalo? So, owners that have more money can afford the better coaches. Equal, but some are more equal.
****** scouting obviously can't contribute to the trend. Must be fixing games. :laugh:

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
nope , I've managed to show that you buy the hype you were sold. 20 ints is a great deep ball ? before and after that season he was nothing but a back up.

it was the only full season he played and wasn't a factor at any point the rest of his sorry career.
again, no defense can pick up that kind of slack unless there is in fact foul play.

You are beyond help. You've gone completely 'round the bend. Do you have a barbed wire fence surrounding your house?

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

All those 20 interceptions came on deep passes and were cleanly picked off, no losing of a juggling catch by the receiver or any other action that would put the receiver more at fault of the INT happening regardless that it is still tabulated only on the QB's stat sheet? You're not proving anything other than you don't actually know what sound deductive reasoning is. You're bringing up examples that you talk only generally about without giving any acknowledgement to outside influences and context such as new ownership/coaching/ management coming in and turning things around, as with the Patriots hiring Bilichek in 2000 and the Saints bringing in Peyton in 2006. No, to you that apparently isn't even a possibility and the only conclusion that makes sense is some grand conspiracy concerning game rigging. There is a phrase for that, it's called confirmation bias. You assume your conclusion to be true and that colors your perception of happenings.