NFL is fixed????

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

fast forward to 17:07 of video, expand youtube window to see better.
a slo-mo of the play with Moss and a DB going after a pass.
they get close and grab each other but don't really push off at all. I doubt it was legal to just hold a guy for 10 yards 14 years ago.
they hold each other like they are guiding each other and it even looks like the DB nods at Moss. It looks like Moss touches the DBs shoulder to make him turn to the ball.
Moss got a little injured because its still a sport LOL but no complaint about being held and no officials say anything and the announcers avoid it too.

watch their arms alone a few times. Watch the DBs head alone a few times. Watch moss touch his shoulder a few times.

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL you people are lemmings. Look at the damn highlights again. Do you see Miami defenders doing anything ? anything ? The Pack let them score and they let the Pack score. How inept are you ?
that fake spike was lame and took for ever. Actually watch the replays and analyze like adults.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL you people are lemmings. Look at the damn highlights again. Do you see Miami defenders doing anything ? anything ? The Pack let them score and they let the Pack score. How inept are you ?
that fake spike was lame and took for ever. Actually watch the replays and analyze like adults.

I don't have to analyze the highlights to know neither team let the other score.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
LOL you people are lemmings. Look at the damn highlights again. Do you see Miami defenders doing anything ? anything ? The Pack let them score and they let the Pack score. How inept are you ? that fake spike was lame and took for ever. Actually watch the replays and analyze like adults.
We could use an "irony smilie".

You know if you post something foolish and let some time pass, I'd bet a lot of posters would just forget about it. And certainly newcomers wouldn't know about it. Instead this poster apparently can't help but continue to remind us that he believes Goodell and NFL officials are engaged in a massive conspiracy to fix games. The "proof" he offers? Bad calls by officials. He doesn't offer anyone inside the "conspiracy" being a whistle blower – not even anonymously. There's no evidence of money being transferred to pay off participants. Just bad calls. With this post he expands the conspiracy beyond the officials to Packers and Dolphin players. Now, you may wonder what would motivate Dolphin players to engage in a conspiracy against their own interests? Well wonder away because this poster has no answer. And it gets worse. In his misnamed thread, "an interesting article/blog/research about the NFL", I asked him what would possibly motivate Goodell, whose annual salary is north of $35,000,000 to engage in such a conspiracy. His "answer": "I don't need to know how millionaires conduct their business." There you have it. He alleges a massive conspiracy but can't even guess at a motive. And now that he's expanded it to players, there must be thousands of people involved, any of which could get rich (or richer) and famous by exposing the conspiracy. But we're supposed to believe Goodell is OK with giving all these people (all of whom are unethical enough to engage in the conspiracy) the power to ruin his life, his reputation and the reputation of the NFL, for no apparent reason.

[irony]But we are the lemmings and he's the adult![/irony]

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You know if you post something foolish and let some time pass, I'd bet a lot of posters would just forget about it. And certainly newcomers wouldn't know about it. Instead this poster apparently can't help but continue to remind us that he believes Goodell and NFL officials are engaged in a massive conspiracy to fix games. The "proof" he offers? Bad calls by officials. He doesn't offer anyone inside the "conspiracy" being a whistle blower – not even anonymously. There's no evidence of money being transferred to pay off participants. Just bad calls. With this post he expands the conspiracy beyond the officials to Packers and Dolphin players. Now, you may wonder what would motivate Dolphin players to engage in a conspiracy against their own interests? Well wonder away because this poster has no answer. And it gets worse. In his misnamed thread, "an interesting article/blog/research about the NFL", I asked him what would possibly motivate Goodell, whose annual salary is north of $35,000,000 to engage in such a conspiracy. His "answer": "I don't need to know how millionaires conduct their business." There you have it. He alleges a massive conspiracy but can't even guess at a motive. And now that he's expanded it to players, there must be thousands of people involved, any of which could get rich (or richer) and famous by exposing the conspiracy. But we're supposed to believe Goodell is OK with giving all these people (all of whom are unethical enough to engage in the conspiracy) the power to ruin his life, his reputation and the reputation of the NFL, for no apparent reason.

I wish I could give this post 8 Winners.

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he believes Goodell and NFL officials are engaged in a massive conspiracy to fix games.

fixed games ? where did I say that ? employees are putting on the show they were hired to do.

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, you may wonder what would motivate Dolphin players to engage in a conspiracy against their own interests?

against their own interests ? this assumes you think the players were completely in the dark when they signed a contract to play a staged game.
They know exactly what they are doing and that's what they get paid for.
to entertain you. Learn how to actually watch what players are doing and stop drooling when the ball is flying in the air.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
fixed games ? where did I say that ? employees are putting on the show they were hired to do.
against their own interests ? this assumes you think the players were completely in the dark when they signed a contract to play a staged game. They know exactly what they are doing and that's what they get paid for. to entertain you. Learn how to actually watch what players are doing and stop drooling when the ball is flying in the air.
Thanks for trying to help, but my point has already been made:
You know if you post something foolish and let some time pass, I'd bet a lot of posters would just forget about it.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
against their own interests ? this assumes you think the players were completely in the dark when they signed a contract to play a staged game.
to entertain you. Learn how to actually watch what players are doing and stop drooling when the ball is flying in the air.

Why not point out the plays for us that show staging? Or the plays in which guys let the offense move the ball? The spike can't be the only one if it happens all the time.

Going to have a hard time convincing people when we have to seek out the evidence for your case ourselves.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

https://www.packerforum.com/threads/an-interesting-article-blog-research-about-the-nfl.53480/

Post 22

and no, the entire league doesn't need to know anything is happening. The officials and the commissioner are the only ones who need to know anything. .

Goodell and officials are only ones in on it per your quote......now you says the players are in on it

Which is it?

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not point out the plays for us that show staging? Or the plays in which guys let the offense move the ball? The spike can't be the only one if it happens all the time.

Going to have a hard time convincing people when we have to seek out the evidence for your case ourselves.

entire games obviously. watch replays of big plays. You see defenders do nothing but take bad angles and slow down or just reach with their hands and fall down. If they are close with their arms they apply no pressure and act baffled and stupid.

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://www.packerforum.com/threads/an-interesting-article-blog-research-about-the-nfl.53480/

Post 22

Goodell and officials are only ones in on it per your quote......now you says the players are in on it

Which is it?

obviously you can grow,research and learn over time. The more video I watched the more I realized its the whole league.

The following was sent to me by a fan. It was taken from "Long Island's Own Newspaper" Newsday dated December 8, 1978, and was attributed to Peter Gent, member of the Dallas Cowboys from 1964-68, and author of the great book North Dallas Forty:
"For there should be a fundamental difference between professional and amateur sports that goes beyond the technical distinction of whether athletes make money from their sport. I learned the difference at the end of training camp my rookie year with the Dallas Cowboys. Management called a meeting to explain the responsibilities of being a professional football player. The man to give the best advice was the team's public relations director. He told us: "Boys, this is show business." With these words in mind, nothing about professional sports, even Howard Cosell, is mystifying. Professional athletes are first and foremost show business, dealing in illusion and entertainment. The first responsibility of the players is to the audience, not themselves. If the audience wants winners, that is what is given. If it wants losers, that also it will get. The principle is the same for midget wrestling and the National Football League."

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
entire games obviously. watch replays of big plays. You see defenders do nothing but take bad angles and slow down or just reach with their hands and fall down. If they are close with their arms they apply no pressure and act baffled and stupid.

I've seen many full games and big plays and haven't seen anything I thought could be staging.

Can you find a specific play and show me how it's staged?

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen many full games and big plays and haven't seen anything I thought could be staging.

Can you find a specific play and show me how it's staged?

all you've done is watch a ball fly around. You have never actually analyzed one single thing. I did that for 30 years too, except there was always that thought..you see a player near the ball and they do nothing..but you let it go and forget it.
well, I don't lie to myself anymore.
watch anything now with how I've described it ,it all follows my description. In another thread I did post some videos but I'm sick of the redundancy for now. My Moss video is a masterpiece but most are too much of a coach potato to figure out something so simple.

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One can over-run their balance as the first defender did in the video. I've seen it and I've done it. You are actually moving/running faster than you legs and feet can keep up with, usually because your calves propel you a little more. That throws off your balance and you start to fall forward. It's not common but also not something that doesn't legitimately happen sometimes. ****erson looked like he was shot from a cannon so those guys were really moving to keep up.

they are jocks, they can make it look good. of course you can look like you are shot from a cannon when you run fast in the first place and know no one is supposed to catch you.

the problem with your comparison of balance is that it happens to these so called professionals all the damn time and especially in primetime games LOL its the same stupid pratfall over and over again.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all you've done is watch a ball fly around. You have never actually analyzed one single thing. I did that for 30 years too, except there was always that thought..you see a player near the ball and they do nothing..but you let it go and forget it.
well, I don't lie to myself anymore.
watch anything now with how I've described it ,it all follows my description. In another thread I did post some videos but I'm sick of the redundancy for now. My Moss video is a masterpiece but most are too much of a coach potato to figure out something so simple.

So you're just going to keep dancing around the subject and not provide specific examples?

If they happened so much, I'd think you'd be able to at least think of specific plays and say how they are staged. I wasn't even asking for videos.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
SF is favored by 4 and are getting blown out ...so the power goes out for half an hour ?.

Good thing the conspiracists had that guy sitting next to where the really big stadium plug was plugged into the wall! If things start going south, easy peasy, just pull the plug!

Sorry, but I just find this whole thread hilarious.

Take the blue pill, Jackson! The BLUE pill.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good thing the conspiracists had that guy sitting next to where the really big stadium plug was plugged into the wall! If things start going south, easy peasy, just pull the plug!

Sorry, but I just find this whole thread hilarious.

Take the blue pill, Jackson! The BLUE pill.

It's so fixed they wanted the Niners to cover the spread so they had the power outage and it worked!

O wait...No it didn't...

Funny how he's saying the game was fixed due to the 49ers being favored, but the outage made no difference vs the spread.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It's so fixed they wanted the Niners to cover the spread so they had the power outage and it worked!

O wait...No it didn't...

Funny how he's saying the game was fixed due to the 49ers being favored, but the outage made no difference vs the spread.
I always though the spread was set so that no matter what the final score was the oddsmakers still made money. They really don't care which side collects as long as they get theirs.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don't forget how he's argued previously that the players are basically bystanders in all of this.

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you guys learn anything yet ?
the entire set up for this game was pure nonsense.
Saints a 1.5 favorite at home even though they cant beat anyone and the Pack rolls over everyone but this primetime game is close in the first half ?
logic says the Pack should have been favored and leading but you buy the NFL 'anything can happen' mantra.

and injured Rodgers still runs in for a score ? yes they fake on field injuries too.

Members online

Latest posts