NFL hype disrespecting the Pack.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Was listening to the Dallas radio and I heard a NFL radio spot hyping the SB. The spot said the Packers will "Try to STEAL the crown from Rothlisberger and the Steelers", as if the Steelers are by far the favorites to win it. Whatever.

Wouldn't "Compete" for the crown be the accurate way to describe the game. Nope, looks like the NFL is going with Steelers, Big Ben and 2 rings are by far the favorites and the Pack are just the underdogs trying to squeak out a win against the great Steelers. I guess to make some David vs. Goliath B.S. hype.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(shrugs) pretty much everyone on that team has won a ring. I have no problem with it. To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Gymrat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way I look at it is that the Steelers have arguably been a dynasty over the later 2000's. I look it like we are taking the "crown" as in a sort of "passing the torch" sort of way. Like the Packers are trying to take their spot as the next dynasty.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Just because the Packers aren't getting media coverage doesn't mean much. Packers are the feel good team, Steelers have something to settle.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Was listening to the Dallas radio and I heard a NFL radio spot hyping the SB. The spot said the Packers will "Try to STEAL the crown from Rothlisberger and the Steelers", as if the Steelers are by far the favorites to win it.

Hah hah. Dallas still hates us for totally whupping them this year. Dallas radio station explains it all.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
idc lol as long as we win it all then the media can favor whoever they want but i wont hear them cuz the packers super bowl ring will be making too much noise

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because the Packers aren't getting media coverage doesn't mean much. Packers are the feel good team, Steelers have something to settle.

ESPN is all over the Steelers. I prefer it that way. Ever since Jimmy Johnson said "stick a fork in them" to the Packers no one has really said much. And keep it that way.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
ESPN is all over the Steelers. I prefer it that way. Ever since Jimmy Johnson said "stick a fork in them" to the Packers no one has really said much. And keep it that way.

Till the Packers win the Super Bowl, then we can get all the media attention. Its about time.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dude james harrison scares me, that guy is a monster and he can put anyone out the game at any given moment. We have our assassin also Claymaker is scary chasing down qbs.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Was listening to the Dallas radio and I heard a NFL radio spot hyping the SB. The spot said the Packers will "Try to STEAL the crown from Rothlisberger and the Steelers", as if the Steelers are by far the favorites to win it. Whatever.

Wouldn't "Compete" for the crown be the accurate way to describe the game. Nope, looks like the NFL is going with Steelers, Big Ben and 2 rings are by far the favorites and the Pack are just the underdogs trying to squeak out a win against the great Steelers. I guess to make some David vs. Goliath B.S. hype.

If they were the defending champions, though I'd still disagree with it (you don't steal it, you win it...unless you're the Steelers playing the Seahawks or something) I could almost understand the language (almost)...but that just makes no sense at all.

Maybe the copy writer thought it sounded good with "Steelers"...not that that makes any sense either.

tmlfan3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
meh it's the old saying... to be the best, you gotta beat the best. And the steelers have been the best over the last half of the decade. They had the argument on Mike and Mike this morning. If you count 2010 as part of the decade, and they won this year, then the Pats won 3 in the first 5 years and the steelers won 3 in the last 5 years of the decade. So over the last 4 years they have been the best. We'll just have to take that crown from them and pick up that momentum heading into the next decade.

Rodgers2Jennings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish ESPN would stop talking ad nauseum about Cutler and actually acknowledge the team that won the game THE NFC CHAMPION PACKERS!!!