1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL hype disrespecting the Pack.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Murgen, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Was listening to the Dallas radio and I heard a NFL radio spot hyping the SB. The spot said the Packers will "Try to STEAL the crown from Rothlisberger and the Steelers", as if the Steelers are by far the favorites to win it. Whatever.

Wouldn't "Compete" for the crown be the accurate way to describe the game. Nope, looks like the NFL is going with Steelers, Big Ben and 2 rings are by far the favorites and the Pack are just the underdogs trying to squeak out a win against the great Steelers. I guess to make some David vs. Goliath B.S. hype.

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    (shrugs) pretty much everyone on that team has won a ring. I have no problem with it. To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

3. Gymrat

Gymrat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    The way I look at it is that the Steelers have arguably been a dynasty over the later 2000's. I look it like we are taking the "crown" as in a sort of "passing the torch" sort of way. Like the Packers are trying to take their spot as the next dynasty.

4. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    Just because the Packers aren't getting media coverage doesn't mean much. Packers are the feel good team, Steelers have something to settle.

5. bubbahotep

bubbahotep Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +54
    Vegas doesn't feel that way, Pack favored by 2.

6. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473

Hah hah. Dallas still hates us for totally whupping them this year. Dallas radio station explains it all.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    idc lol as long as we win it all then the media can favor whoever they want but i wont hear them cuz the packers super bowl ring will be making too much noise

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +490
    Yeah it is nice to be the favorites...

9. dansz15

dansz15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    ESPN is all over the Steelers. I prefer it that way. Ever since Jimmy Johnson said "stick a fork in them" to the Packers no one has really said much. And keep it that way.

10. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420

Till the Packers win the Super Bowl, then we can get all the media attention. Its about time.

11. TomHQ

TomHQ Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    It's only adding fuel to the Packers fire.

12. PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +181
    dude james harrison scares me, that guy is a monster and he can put anyone out the game at any given moment. We have our assassin also Claymaker is scary chasing down qbs.

13. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +682
    If they were the defending champions, though I'd still disagree with it (you don't steal it, you win it...unless you're the Steelers playing the Seahawks or something) I could almost understand the language (almost)...but that just makes no sense at all.

Maybe the copy writer thought it sounded good with "Steelers"...not that that makes any sense either.

14. tmlfan3

tmlfan3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    meh it's the old saying... to be the best, you gotta beat the best. And the steelers have been the best over the last half of the decade. They had the argument on Mike and Mike this morning. If you count 2010 as part of the decade, and they won this year, then the Pats won 3 in the first 5 years and the steelers won 3 in the last 5 years of the decade. So over the last 4 years they have been the best. We'll just have to take that crown from them and pick up that momentum heading into the next decade.

15. mor4les

mor4les Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    So that means they hate a lot of teams this year:happy0005:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rodgers2Jennings

Rodgers2Jennings Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    I wish ESPN would stop talking ad nauseum about Cutler and actually acknowledge the team that won the game THE NFC CHAMPION PACKERS!!!

17. Packerstud

Packerstud Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +46
    Two weeks to go, there will be plenty of time for the Pack to shine