1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP TAILGATE

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by realcaliforniacheese, Nov 28, 2011.

1. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    I hear that. Got my rooms for 150 for 3 days and they are already shooting up. San Francisco ehh...... So you ready for a tailgate in two years:cool:

2. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Duck and cover.

3. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    It wouldn't surprise me at all if there are Packers fans somewhere already booking rooms and flights to Indy.
    Heck, there were probably a few who even started doing that as soon as the final second ticked in Dallas of Stealers vs Packers.

4. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +308
    While you do not purchase the tickets through Seat Hound, if the game does NOT happen you will get your money back.

5. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +308
    BTW, if you go, I might as well mail you the packer forum flag, lol. REPRESENT! :p

• Like Like x 1
  6. Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +103
    LOL... I have to wait two years?!?!
    Actually, the cash flow is not there at all for a road trip. Just the price of the tickets alone is beyond my wallet. :(

7. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +966
    If you send it, it will fly. Hey I made the TV at the SD game (Too bad I was turned around high fiveing everyone) Maybe Packerforum will get some free national exposure.:cool:

8. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +966
    In the event of a nuclear emergency:
    1. bend over
    2. place your head between your knee's
    3. Kiss your A** goodbye

• Like Like x 1
  9. packnutt

packnutt '97 Shareholder

Ratings:
    +10
    I have 3 rooms reserved too. Just need tix and plane fare!

10. Hmac

Hmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah it'll be great to do some kind of tailgate when the Pack come to town. Born and raised in SF, so there weren't too many Pack fans around these parts and I've always had to go solo amongst all my 49ers friends during tailgates at Candlestick.

I've been a long time lurker to this forum and when I saw the epic tailgate in San diego, I almost bought a last minute plane and game ticket. Gotta hand it to you RealCal, awesome get-together. I'll most definitely be seeing you during the NFC Championship weekend.

11. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +966
    I wish you could have made it down it was an awesome day and an awesome game. The way the Packers and 9'ers are going a new rivalry could be starting and it will be another awesome day. One thing I learned. An Epic tailgate is best done by more than one person or you don't get to party. So when the time comes in a couple of years we'll get together and get a few people and recreate Lambeau west in No Cal. In the meantime Looking forward to meeting up at the Citadel of the NFL next month.

12. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +966
    cool, where are you from and where are you staying. we are at the econolodge, ARCheeeseHeads are also going to be at the econolodge. This already has the makings of a Packerforum party. We just need a place to party.

13. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +966
    I need help guys and gals. I am looking for a good pair of boots to buy for when I come to Lambeau. I bought some coleman ducks but when I looked at them they sucked. Checked out some LL BEAN boots. Any suggestions to keep my feet cozy and dry without breaking the bank?

Thanks

14. packnutt

packnutt '97 Shareholder

Ratings:
    +10
    We're going to be at the Radisson next to the airport. Planning on arriving Fri. WE WILL PARTY!

15. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Will you ever use them again?

Because trust me when I say this...You can buy a real cheap pair, use the foot warmers, good socks place cardboard under feet, and you should be fine...

I hunted and ice fished in same real cold weather with just cheap KMART brands and I was okay..Yes the high priced ones will work best...But cheap ones if only one time can work too..

No matter what type you get, you need to make sure they fit with the socks you will be wearing..Because if you wear two layers, you dont want a tight fit, then they will get cold..You need a little wiggle room in case they do start to get cold..

Also, use MITTENS not gloves...Gloves will get your hands colder faster then mittens..

OR these

http://www.nextag.com/convertible-glove-mittens/products-html

[​IMG]

Act as mittens, but can use as gloves if needed...For me, they were perfect in hunting and ice fishing

• Like Like x 1
  16. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    WOOL socks.

17. packnutt

packnutt '97 Shareholder

Ratings:
    +10
    Thanks for the excellent tip(s). I also never thought about cardboard. I've been to Lambeau twice (night games), but it was in late November not January! It will be a long day/night outside in the elements and once you're cold, it's hard to shake off.

I don't have any boots, so I was due. I got a decent pair at Timberland this morning for $84 using a 40% off coupon code (FRIENDS11). http://shop.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10961117
    Good 'til Dec 5th

Bought some toasty wool socks too. :)

18. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    If you don't want to bring boots because of luggage weight, visit Fleet Farm when you get here, buy a pair, along with all your warmers, and leave the boots behind at Goodwill or a homeless shelter. Boots are always needed in the frozen tundra.

• Like Like x 3
  19. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +966
    Thanks, that makes sense about the tight fit sense you would want the air gap for insulation. I think I want a good pair of boots since I plan on making many more trips in the future when I retire in a couple of years. want a pair I will have for about 20 years. went Ice fishing in a pair of tennis shoes 20 years ago. was not a fun time. thanks for all the good info if there is a brand of boots your recommend let me know.

20. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +966
    hmmm looks good. may have to snatch these.

21. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +966
    GBG enlighten me on Fleet Farm.

22. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Tried telling people back in Nov....

Wish I would have been wrong

23. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +678
    I'm like that too, for reasons just like this one. I never take a win for granted. Ever. Been disappointed too many times.

24. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    I was confident but not gonna make advance plans for anything lol.

But, man this thread is so full of hope and optimism. The good old days.:cry:

25. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +678
    I marvel at some people and their optimism where football is concerned. I honestly wish I could be like that, and be so resilient that a loss wouldn't discourage me from guaranteeing a win the following week. People do it all the time - I just can't. I never guarantee a win, or plan on one. If I like our chances, I'll say so, but that's as far as I'll go.

My dad was a very pessimistic Packer fan (really, King of the Karma Pick) - I think it rubbed off on me.

The new season will be here before we know it. And I learned something from Kurt Warner, and what he said in "A Football Life" - you don't have to win it all to have a good year. A loss in the playoffs or the Super Bowl does not negate everything you've accomplished.

If he can look at it that way, so can I.