NFC CHAMPIONSHIP TAILGATE

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you have to make plans for this type of thing now. So it really is not a matter of being over confident but more a matter of logistics and trying to plan an entire trip around a game that "could" happen. I will be on the side of we WILL be hosting a NFC Champ game. ;)
That's right we have to plan this now.

Gotta get warm clothes and long johns (with a flap in the back?). My wardrobe consists mainly of T-shirts, shorts and flip flops.

Gotta get room reservations (Done)

Plane reservations

Tickets (Please, Please, Please)

Gotta get a bunch of locals together to throw an EPIC Lambeau Tailgate (The Gauntlet has been laid by the Lambeau West Tailgate. See photo below). We only have a little under two months.

I am looking at our upcoming 5 games and I just have a hard time seeing us loosing 3 games out of the last 5, I mean lets look at our closest competition for Home Field thru out.

9'ers 2 games back of us. Still have to play the Steelers. Rest of the schedule should be wins. The Saints are 3 games back of us and still have to play Lions, Falcons and Titans. We own the tiebreakers on both these teams.

I contend our D is good. Not Great YET but good. Forget the total yards thats a fantasy football stat. the ones that really count are turnovers, points and redzone.

We are #1 in Turnovers, we are 13 in points allowed and are ascending. We are playing now as good as we did in the Superbowl and we still have a lot of room before we hit our ceiling.

So I don't think I am at all being premature.

11-0 baby, 8 games to perfection and history.:cool:

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am looking at our upcoming 5 games and I just have a hard time seeing us loosing 3 games out of the last 5, I mean lets look at our closest competition for Home Field thru out.

9'ers 2 games back of us. Still have to play the Steelers. Rest of the schedule should be wins. The Saints are 3 games back of us and still have to play Lions, Falcons and Titans. We own the tiebreakers on both these teams.

Oh yeah. There's no freakin way the Pack drops 3 of 5. They're a lock for the #1 seed.
Make those plane reservations now.

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I will try to do what I can to help if I happen to get tickets. I'm anticipating that they will not be cheap. I'm not the take-charge kind of person though. I'm more used to being pushed around. :eek:
I know I am gonna pay but I went to the first game at Lambeau this year and I'm gonna go to the last. This year is going down as one of the best in my life, by the time I buy the stock for my grandkids I'll be in debt for a few years. Just in time for our 8th superbowl run.:cool: You better be at the Tailgate.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's right we have to plan this now.

Gotta get warm clothes and long johns (with a flap in the back?). My wardrobe consists mainly of T-shirts, shorts and flip flops.

Tickets (Please, Please, Please)
Just wanted to let you know that long johns/long thermal underwear do come in two pieces. Tops and bottoms.
And this is coming from a Wisconsin boy who has 'em.

You are looking for tix. other than here. Right?

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Well we should start getting one organized. I can talk to the owner at sideline and see if I can get a lot of spots in the parking there. Lambeaus parking lot would be hard to get into but I also could always talk to the owner of the titletown swat bus and get something going with them...let me know ideas
Just to remind you guys of what you have to top. here are some images of the last tailgate.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Best advice for cold is layers...shirt,(thermals) then sweatshirt, then a big coat..

Then for legs sweat pants would good then loose pants normally do trick for me..

Get chemical foot warmers, and some kind of good boot

Then rent the seats for 6$ they have at some of the gates...It clips on the benches and you wont sit on a cold bench

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Best advice for cold is layers...shirt,(thermals) then sweatshirt, then a big coat..

Then for legs sweat pants would good then loose pants normally do trick for me..

Then rent the seats for 6$ they have at some of the gates...It clips on the benches and you wont sit on a cold bench
So far I have Duckies, electric sock liners. My big green Russki hat. Thanks for the other tips. I saw those seats when everyone left the opener but I didn't see them for rent when we walked in. Are they at all the gates. I think we went in the Oneida gate.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score

Good advice. Layers, layers, layers, foot/hand warms. A blanket is always a good idea too, either to sit or cover up.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate cold weather.
But I would walk around that stadium in shorts before the NFC Title game if it guaranteed:
A) We'd win the Super Bowl XLVI and
B) I didn't get arrested.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I love cold weather it's part of my nature jeans and a sweatshirt for this guy. It helps that I work outside everyday now in green bay so weather bring ur best shot at me.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was jealous until I saw this picture.

I'm gonna tailgate right here in my backyard in warm and sunny Texas. :D

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So seathound has some for sale now. How does that work? What happens if for some reason the Packers don't make it to the NFC Championship game? Would it be better to buy them now or wait till they have reached the NFC Championship game?

Hmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a fan that resides out of state, I'm in the same boat as RealCalCheese and the planning for something like this is gonna need thoughtful consideration for one to bring down the overall price to attend. For example, I booked a two night stay at the travel lodge green bay/Lambeau two weeks ago for two double beds under a refundable rate for about $70 (taxes included) and I just checked today to see the same room go for $240 a night under the same booking parameters.

As far as the team record and playoff seeding go, I'm taking it a game at a time and nothing for granted like many on this forum but in terms of planning the logistics for a first time trip to Lambeau during a possible championship week, it pays to cover all your basis and plan ahead as it's not gonna be cheap and every dollar saved helps. Thanks for all the cold weather gear tips and other things mentioned.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
POCKET furnace? What are you trying to keep warm???
I'm just doing my part to follow by making an invention that makes life comfortable and lazy for us Americans while I do my part to follow along by being a comfortable and lazy American by staying warm on a couch at home.
Those of you that do make it to the Frozen Tundra and brave the cold weather to see and cheer on the Packers in person, more power to ya and I really appreciate your voices being there for them.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Some good advice I got from a regular at the games was to bring along a piece of thick cardboard and put it on the concrete under your feet. The cold doesn't soak up from the cement as bad. Make sure the boots you wear are good ones, not your everyday clodhoppers. My sons thought they could get by with el cheapos and they froze their toes. I wore a good pair of deep cold boots and my feet were toasty.

Members online

Latest posts