1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP TAILGATE

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by realcaliforniacheese, Nov 28, 2011.

1. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +678
    Was just telling folks: Don't feel sorry for us. We are the luckiest fans in all of professional sports. We own our own team, and the trophy all are fighting for is engraved with the name of our standard-bearer, a man who loved this team as much as we do.

That's pretty freaking cool.

2. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    My dad told me the Giants may win this game but I was not sure. I got nervous yesterday though. Not sure why but I got that feeling in my gut something was wrong. I am usually not nervous.

3. LombardiChick

Ratings:
    +678
    I had that feeling this time too (something wrong, sort of a kind of doom)...but I'm always nervous. Gee, I wish I could not be nervous. I would enjoy football season so much more than I do. People always say, "I wish Sunday would get here!!" or "I can't WAIT!" and I am just amazed. LOL

4. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    I started to get nervous last night. I also felt that the winner of this game was going to be THE team. I don't know. When the Giants got the Hail Mary I said "OH MY GOD." It just seemed like destiny in a way.

You can't always fight destiny.

Not sure what happens next but 3 teams left have ties with Indy where the SB is. Eli/Peyton. Harbaugh/Colts QB once. Baltimore/Indy. Pats....nothing really there but they have been the biggest rival but a lot of that died down.

The irony is all offseason Colts fans talked about Manning winning it all in Indy. Maybe they had the wrong Manning.

5. LombardiChick

Ratings:
    +678
    Oof. I know you hate the Pats, but for me, it's down to the Niners or them to win it all...and I will die of boredom if it's a Harbaugh Bowl. I'd say precisely why I don't want the Giants to win another game - ever (destiny or no destiny) - but I'd probably get another thread named after me and get called more sexist, disparaging names. Lol

I'm a jerk magnet. What can I say? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    I don't really have strong feelings on the games left ATM. I think the Giants/Pats should win but then again Ravens always show up vs. the Pats big time and the Niners are at home. So who knows anymore right? I mean if defense wins championships then Brady won't be winning it all either.

If we get a Harbaugh Bowl then lmao. Can you say 13-10 game?

7. LombardiChick

Ratings:
    +678
    Pats D is playing better lately (weak schedule, I know); kind of thinking if the Texans can hang enough points on the Ravens to keep pace with them, surely Brady/Welker/Gronk/AHern can generate enough to win.

That's how I expect the AFC side to go anyway.

NFC: Thinking the Niners defense can beat the Giants. If not, I'd like to see the Patriots beat them in the Super Bowl...on a helmet catch. ;)

And yeah, that's just how a Harbaugh Bowl would go. Plus, lots of sideline shots. Lots. And the sappiest per-game features ever...with the most boring Super Bowl in memory to wash it down. Please, God...no.