Next UP: Sleepless about Seattle

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack 35 Seattle 9

Realistically, the Pack can win this game if we avoid mistakes. Costly penalties, Turnovers, unsportsmanlike conduct calls, etc.

We MUST control the clock and slow down their running game. Starks, Montgomery and Michael need to contribute.

Real score - Pack 23 Seawaks 21

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack 35 Seattle 9

Realistically, the Pack can win this game if we avoid mistakes. Costly penalties, Turnovers, unsportsmanlike conduct calls, etc.

We MUST control the clock and slow down their running game. Starks, Montgomery and Michael need to contribute.

Real score - Pack 23 Seawaks 21

Please oh please be right Miss Packerlover

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was BL. Lots of Packers fans don't count anything BL except for the championships.

While I am one of those who only counts championships, I'm unsure of the 'BL' reference. Perhaps just another problem with getting old, but could you enlighten me?

D

Deleted member 6794

While I am one of those who only counts championships, I'm unsure of the 'BL' reference. Perhaps just another problem with getting old, but could you enlighten me?

I guess sschind is talking about before Lombardi.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers rule out Kyler Fackrell and Nick Perry for Sunday's game vs. the Seahawks. LaDarius Gunter, T.J. Lang, Blake Martinez, Clay Matthews, Damarious Randall and JC Tretter listed as questionable.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we have a good chance at this game. Christine micheal knows seahawks playbook inside and out. I think our D will do good.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess sschind is talking about before Lombardi.

Yes, Before Lombardi. I debated using BL or BV (before Vince) and even going with BC since so many Packers fans consider Lombardi a God but I thought that might be even more confusing.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think we have a good chance at this game. Christine micheal knows seahawks playbook inside and out.

I think a lot of fans overrate the importance of Michael knowing the Seahawks playbook. He already played against Seattle once during his career gaining only 20 yards on five carries running behind the elite Cowboys offensive line last season. In addition he was targeted twice during that game failing to catch a ball.

D

Deleted member 6794

According to Bob McGinn the forecast predicts heavy snow (6-8 inches) for Green Bay through Sunday night, possibly making tomorrow's game vs. the Seahawks the snowiest one for the Packers since 1985.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Bob McGinn the forecast predicts heavy snow (6-8 inches) for Green Bay through Sunday night, possibly making tomorrow's game vs. the Seahawks the snowiest one for the Packers since 1985.
I was at the Seahawks/Packers playoff game in 2007 and that one was pretty darn snowy.
And the Packers won despite getting blown out in the 1st quarter.
My youngest son and his fiance are planning on going to the game tomorrow , I'm hoping I can change their minds.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heavy snow = advantage Packers.

How do you figure? Not disagreeing, just curious about your reasoning.

On one hand, I think weather can be a leveling force if you're the underdog. On the other hand, I think it hurts us because we rely more on the passing game (even if it's short passing). Also, I don't feel great about Rodgers having to move around in the snow on a bad hamstring for the second straight week.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a lot of fans overrate the importance of Michael knowing the Seahawks playbook. He already played against Seattle once during his career gaining only 20 yards on five carries running behind the elite Cowboys offensive line last season. In addition he was targeted twice during that game failing to catch a ball.

When people say he knows the playbook, I think they mean from an offensive standpoint. They think his knowledge of the offensive playbook can provide insights that help our defense.

D

Deleted member 6794

When people say he knows the playbook, I think they mean from an offensive standpoint. They think his knowledge of the offensive playbook can provide insights that help our defense.

Possibly, but I don't believe it to be a huge factor either although the Cowboys allowed only 13 points (only three above their season low) against the Seahawks last season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It may have changed, but last i heard was Green Bay was in a 3-5 range from Saturday night to monday morning. Most of the heavy stuff is supposed to be south. Though they did say it was being a bit unpredictable at the moment and it could change by game day. I haven't watched any weather today.

Regardless of what it does, the only thing that will help us out is flawless execution. No miscommunications on defense that give up 3 play TD drives and keep our offense on the field. I think Cobb and Ty could be in for big games with underneath, quick hitting stuff and out of the backfield. Just keep moving the chains.

I think poor field conditions slightly favor an offense and at this point, I don't think our offense needs help. I think they're getting it together and we've always been able to move the ball against the Seahawks, it's scoring TD's we need to improve. But, our defense doesn't need any disadvantages either. It's going to be tough enough sledding out there snow or not. I don't believe Seattle's offense is appreciably faster or quicker than our defense, so slowing them down to me, isn't that important. Our defense's problem has been young guys being baited or confused into making mistakes and giving up multiple big plays. anything that increases their likelihood of falling or getting out of position hurts them. Though they seemed to do well with it last week, but that was a different offense. a 1 arm, 1 leg OLB is not the same as a 1 eyed, 1 horned flying purple people eater. and now we're down Perry too. There aren't any outside influences that are going to even us up. They just have to play better than they have all year. That's it.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I don't believe heavy snow benefits the Packers as teams want to be able to run the ball consistently in these conditions.
Agree, but we had some success last week with limited run productivity. Also, I see Michael and Montgomery being featured much more heavily in this game.

How do you figure? Not disagreeing, just curious about your reasoning.

On one hand, I think weather can be a leveling force if you're the underdog. On the other hand, I think it hurts us because we rely more on the passing game (even if it's short passing). Also, I don't feel great about Rodgers having to move around in the snow on a bad hamstring for the second straight week.
Well for one we played in it last week, I think that in and of itself gives us an advantage. Also, I think these cold weather games gives a pretty significant advantage to our receivers over defensive backs. You saw what happened on the Jordy touchdown last week when the DB slipped. Rodgers will be able to move the ball down the field much more effectively than Wilson.

Obviously a much more disciplined Seattle defense we're going against tomorrow, but all things being equal, I would certainly prefer to play Seattle in hazardess conditions as opposed to regular cold weather conditions.

The short passing game will be effective, and in a snow game, I trust Rodgers to take care of the ball better than Wilson.

If Seattle puts the ball on the ground a couple of times, we win. And we will pick off Wilson at least once.

D

Deleted member 6794

Agree, but we had some success last week with limited run productivity. Also, I see Michael and Montgomery being featured much more heavily in this game.

Well for one we played in it last week, I think that in and of itself gives us an advantage. Also, I think these cold weather games gives a pretty significant advantage to our receivers over defensive backs. You saw what happened on the Jordy touchdown last week when the DB slipped. Rodgers will be able to move the ball down the field much more effectively than Wilson.

The Packers offense most likely won't consistently be successful heavily featuring the running game. While snowy conditions put defensive backs at a disadvantage it makes it tougher for Rodgers throwing the ball as well as the receiver catching it too.

Let's just hope there isn't any significant wind.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Packers offense most likely won't consistently be successful heavily featuring the running game. While snowy conditions put defensive backs at a disadvantage it makes it tougher for Rodgers throwing the ball as well as the receiver catching it too.

Let's just hope there isn't any significant wind.
All things considered, I still say advantage to GB's offense. Certainly agree with your point about the wind, though. On the running game, I just want to run enough to help negate Seattle's pass rush, which I think will also be hampered by the snowing conditions.

One thing is for sure, something has to give. Wilson is 16-3 in December games, while Rodgers has won 14 straight December home games.

D

Deleted member 6794

On the running game, I just want to run enough to help negate Seattle's pass rush, which I think will also be hampered by the snowing conditions.

Agreed, but as has been discussed in another thread the Packers for sure don't benefit from being forced to run against a stacked box.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big game. I think we were in position to beat anyone in between us and the playoffs, until our ILBs all got hurt... Now its a game. I like our chances.

Members online

Latest posts