Next UP: Sleepless about Seattle

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay vs Seattle rivalry: In our last episode...http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Full-Highlights-Packers-win-vs-Seahawks-27-17/6eb56cd1-a06b-443a-aad4-46723b7ddc0e

http://host.madison.com/ct/sports/football/professional/a-brief-history-of-the-green-bay-packers-rivalry-with/article_08c7b336-9cc8-11e4-831a-97d36cdcd4cc.html

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_query.cgi?tm1=gnb&tm2=sea&yr=all

There's no place like home in this rivalry: Packers are 9-3 all time against the Seahawks at Lambeau (2-0 in playoffs) or Milwaukee. Seattle is 5-2 over Green Bay in the Pacific Northwest. (1-0 in playoff there.)

Last edited:

Bleedcheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really thought we would have a good shot beating Seattle, especially after our win yesterday but after watching the Carolina game I really have serious doubt. Their running gave looked great especially the kid named Rawls ( 15 carries for 105 yards...he's awful quick) and the passing game was also good ( 26 for 30, 277 yds ) . And all this was done against a team that isn't exactly Chopped Liver. If we somehow win this game I thind the sweep is realistic but after watching that game I have serious concerns.
I gotta say I see where you are coming from. I also understand as Rawls is indeed quick and a good back. I feel if our defensive players do their job and not worry anything more we can hold him. Look back at Dallas, we held Elliot under 100 yards until late third quarter and the only reason he broke it was cause the defense was gassed from too much time on the field. Our offense needs to take time off the clock and get points so the defense is fresh. We should be ok. Also a major point is how healthy we are. Keep in mind Seattle just lost Earl Thomas for the season. That can be a big difference for us to move the ball on offense ! GO PACK GO

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is going to be the definitive game going forward here I feel. Also, it's not because of the playoffs though winning this will have big implications there too, but it's the game that's going to be a real mental hurdle here.

While it is a week-to-week league here, I feel if we win this game it's going to be the big boost we need to beat the Vikings and hopefully the Lions in Ford Field when the game comes. 7-6 is a big difference from 6-7. Plus, beat a good team and perhaps should this team make the playoffs they show up in Dallas and bring the cowgirls down to the ground.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is going to be the definitive game going forward here I feel. Also, it's not because of the playoffs though winning this will have big implications there too, but it's the game that's going to be a real mental hurdle here.

While it is a week-to-week league here, I feel if we win this game it's going to be the big boost we need to beat the Vikings and hopefully the Lions in Ford Field when the game comes. 7-6 is a big difference from 6-7. Plus, beat a good team and perhaps should this team make the playoffs they show up in Dallas and bring the cowgirls down to the ground.
This is the epitome of a statement game opportunity.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the only way the Pack win is for all three phases to play lights out. I just don't see our defense keeping Wilson contained, shutting down Graham, Kearse and Baldwin.

If MM is creative I could see us putting up some numbers but I am very concerned about the defense.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doug Baldwin.

He's the key. Cut him off and it's put a big dent in their passing game.

I think we can handle Rawls and Graham.

Who exactly is going to handle Jimmy Graham?

If Seattle wins this one, Packers will be staying home in January. If the Packers win, they could run the table. Lack of a running game is going to be a big problem for GB, because Seattle's pass rush can pin their ears back and go after Rodgers all day.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If Seattle wins this one, Packers will be staying home in January. If the Packers win, they could run the table. Lack of a running game is going to be a big problem for GB, because Seattle's pass rush can pin their ears back and go after Rodgers all day.
I'm thinking we put Morgan on Graham.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Look, we are not going to able to get a shutout here. Not all their playmakers can be handled. Off all their threats, I rate Baldwin as the highest. I think we can outscore Graham's contribution esp with their weak secondary.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's just the classic (and, to Packer fans, familiar) question of which Seahawks team shows up. Three single-digit offensive performances (all on the road) and one 12-point output (in a home win). Also, while it's not absolutely secure, they have a three game lead in their division with four to play.

James Johnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weather, and Rodgers hamstring seem to be overlooked.

The more I watch him play the more serious this injury seems. That scramble against houston where he didn't even bend his leg getting up showed how much it's a factor. Scary game for sure, hopefully he has mobility, if not that's a very bad thing for this offense against this Seattle team.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look, we are not going to able to get a shutout here. Not all their playmakers can be handled. Off all their threats, I rate Baldwin as the highest. I think we can outscore Graham's contribution esp with their weak secondary.
Any secondary with Kam and Sherman should not be considered weak, even with Earl Thomas now out.

D

Deleted member 6794

Look back at Dallas, we held Elliot under 100 yards until late third quarter and the only reason he broke it was cause the defense was gassed from too much time on the field.

There´s absolutely no reason to take any pride in holding Elliott under 100 rushing yards for three quarters. While I agree the Packers offense needs to keep the defense off the field the unit getting tired wasn´t the reason for them struggling in the fourth quarter as the Packers closely won the time of possession battle against the Cowboys.

While the Seahawks will for sure miss Earl Thomas their secondary isn´t weak at all.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lack of a run game is certainly a factor working against us, but I don't think it's as simple as them attacking full throttle because we don't run it well. We've done a good job using the short, quick passing game to keep defensive rushers off balance the past few weeks.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Better him than Hyde for sure.

I know we're up against it in this one, but if Tampa Bay can beat these guys, so can we.
Not sure about that. Burnett and Dix both have shown a lack of coverage skills this year. Not impressed with either one in that area.

D

Deleted member 6794

Not sure about that. Burnett and Dix both have shown a lack of coverage skills this year. Not impressed with either one in that area.

While both starting safeties have been average in coverage at best they have performed way better than Hyde in that area.

Members online

Latest posts