Next UP: Sleepless about Seattle

Bleedcheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There´s absolutely no reason to take any pride in holding Elliott under 100 rushing yards for three quarters. While I agree the Packers offense needs to keep the defense off the field the unit getting tired wasn´t the reason for them struggling in the fourth quarter as the Packers closely won the time of possession battle against the Cowboys.

While the Seahawks will for sure miss Earl Thomas their secondary isn´t weak at all.
Without a doubt the Seahawks defense is solid but losing Thomas should give us some flexibility. I don't think the time of possession was an issue I meant I felt the defense was not able to stop the big plays/important stops when needed prob because they felt gassed. Just my opinion.

D

Deleted member 6794

Nick Perry has a significant hand injury and won't play vs. the Seahawks on Sunday.

Reaction score
The ****. Do we have enough people to field a team or is MM planning to suit up? :confused:
I'll be off this Sunday and I have some end of the year aggression I would like to take out on anyone that Pete Carrol knows.. have Ted call me ;);)

D

Deleted member 6794

Ian Rapoport reports that Nick Perry had surgery to repair several broken fingers. The team hopes he will be able to play with a cast after this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport reports that **** Perry had surgery to repair several broken fingers. The team hopes he will be able to play with a cast after this week.

Which, to what degree we don't know, will limit his effectiveness.

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game really worries me. Seattle has been very inconsistent and pretty terrible (for the most part) on the road. This trend needs to continue for the Packers sake.

So far this season on the road, the Hawks have scored 92 and allowed 95. Now their 3 biggest offensive showings out of their 6 road game have been against the Jets, Saints, and Patriots with scores of 27, 20, and 31 respectively. Their 3 other games they scored a total of 14 points. According to Football Outsiders they all rank in the NFL at 27, 25, and 19. All lower then Green Bay ranked at 18. So they have shown the ability to take advantage of less then stellar defenses on the road. But on the flip side, those 3 teams are the only teams they have played on the road where they allowed more then 14 points with 17 to the Jets, 25 to the Saints, and 24 to the Patriots. Green Bays offense should see some success, especially with Thomas out for the season.

I think Green Bays key for success on offense is to have a successful running game. I don't want to see them force the run, something MM tends to do sometimes, but it needs to be successful enough to keep the defense honest. I expect to see a healthy serving of Ty in the backfield. He has been a great offensive weapon and he needs to be used more. I also think that Jordy or Adams, whoever lines up on the opposite side of Sherman, will have a big game. Another stat from Football Outsiders is the Seahawks rank 20th in defending teams number 2 receiver. They are also in the middle of the NFL, 14, defending the short pass. Again, the offense should see some success.

It will all rest on the defense though. Have the past 2 weeks been the result of the defense getting their crap together and playing good as a unit or has it been the result of a defense playing against 2 struggling offenses? We will find that out this weekend. Due to the Seahawks line, I think the front 7 will be able to contain Rawls and the running game for the most part. I still expect them to be able to get some yards but nothing like the Cowboys game. As for the passing game, outside of Baldwin and Graham, the secondary should be able to take care of business. Though if they are not able to apply pressure on Wilson, will be a long game. Perry being out will hurt the pass rush, so CM3 will actually have to perform to the level he is being paid to perform at. Peppers will also need to step up.

This is a very winnable game. The Packers just need to play for a complete 4 quarters. If they do I truly believe they will come out with the W.

D

Deleted member 6794

Perry being out will hurt the pass rush, so CM3 will actually have to perform to the level he is being paid to perform at. Peppers will also need to step up.

Unfortunately Perry missing the game will hurt the run defense as well. I don't expect much out of Matthews as he's basically playing with only one arm. Therefore Peppers and Jones have to step up to put pressure on Wilson.

D

Deleted member 6794

Kyler Fackrell, LaDarius Gunter (illness), Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers (not injury related) and Nick Perry didn't practice yesterday. Letroy Guion (shoulder), T.J. Lang, Blake Martinez, Damarious Randall, Aaron Rodgers, Jake Ryan and JC Tretter were limited participants.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to must win territory. IMO, there are too many bad matchups for me to feel optimistic about this game.
Who's going to pressure and contain Wilson? No Perry and a one armed Matthews; where's the pass rush going to come from? Who's gonna cover Baldwin and Graham?
Even without Thomas the Seahawks D is a formidable unit. How will a gimpy Rodgers without a running game put up enough points?
In a game not as close as the final score,
Seahawks, 31-17

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are winning two of our next three ( Chi, Min, Det) at least after this Seattle game. Thus, if we win or keep this game close, l think MM is definitely back. Which if he finishes out 2017, would make him serving longest coach in our history. (12 years).

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to must win territory. IMO, there are too many bad matchups for me to feel optimistic about this game.
Who's going to pressure and contain Wilson? No Perry and a one armed Matthews; where's the pass rush going to come from? Who's gonna cover Baldwin and Graham?
Even without Thomas the Seahawks D is a formidable unit. How will a gimpy Rodgers without a running game put up enough points?
In a game not as close as the final score,
Seahawks, 31-17

Not sure we will get to 17 but have a feeling they will get to 31

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are winning two of our next three ( Chi, Min, Det) at least after this Seattle game. Thus, if we win or keep this game close, l think MM is definitely back. Which if he finishes out 2017, would make him serving longest coach in our history. (12 years).

I think you're forgetting about Curly Lambeau's 30 years.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With half the defense in the tub, I don't see how Seattle won't hold the ball on the ground most of the game. Anytime they need a first down, Wilson can scramble or throw the ball to whomever is being covered by Hyde. In a couple of days, draft threads will dominate this forum. It really doesn't matter much what the offense can muster since they will watch most of the game from the sidelines.

Members online

Latest posts