Next UP: Sleepless about Seattle

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really thought we would have a good shot beating Seattle, especially after our win yesterday but after watching the Carolina game I really have serious doubt. Their running gave looked great especially the kid named Rawls ( 15 carries for 105 yards...he's awful quick) and the passing game was also good ( 26 for 30, 277 yds ) . And all this was done against a team that isn't exactly Chopped Liver. If we somehow win this game I thind the sweep is realistic but after watching that game I have serious concerns.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much was it Seattle really looking good and how much was Carolina looking bad? During the short time I watched Carolina was mediocre or worse on defense and horrible on offense. Maybe 4 - 8 Carolina really is chopped liver.

That said, I worry about next Sunday, too. Seattle's defense is good. Our offense needs to play with high intensity and determination from kickoff to final whistle to keep us in it.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle is a completely different team on the road. I also think the Packers have figured them out now. They also just lost E. Thomas

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much was it Seattle really looking good and how much was Carolina looking bad? During the short time I watched Carolina was mediocre or worse on defense and horrible on offense. Maybe 4 - 8 Carolina really is chopped liver.

That said, I worry about next Sunday, too. Seattle's defense is good. Our offense needs to play with high intensity and determination from kickoff to final whistle to keep us in it.

Yeah, Carolina is having a tough season, and you could see the train wreck coming when Derek Anderson threw a pick on his first pass of the game (after Rivera bench Cam for the opening series). But like you said, that doesn't mean Seattle won't be an extremely tough game.

We took care of business on the road and righted the ship against a horrible offensive team in Philly, and then beat another struggling team at home in tough conditions, in a game that really felt closer than it should have been (although we were always in control). This Seattle game will be a true barometer. If we win this one, I'll start to believe we can win out and make the playoffs. Let's do it!

Seattle is a completely different team on the road. I also think the Packers have figured them out now. They also just lost E. Thomas

Good point. Seattle is 2-3-1 on the road this year and averaging only 15.33 points per game, compared to 6-0 at home (28.67 ppg). They did have that huge win in Foxborough though.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm worried about Seattle but our game is completely different than Carolina's game against them. As someone said earlier, Seattle on the road will be different. Seattle is also very hot and cold. I really do not know what to expect. They could torch our defense or come out and lay an egg.

D

Deleted member 6794

Just like every other poster I´m worried about the Seahawks as well but agree that they´re a completely different team on the road. The Packers will have to perform on a high level in all three phases of the game to beat Seattle though. If we end up winning this team I expect the division to come down to week 17 at Detroit.

Sky King

Reaction score
The Packers offense may need to win a shoot-out. That may be a more realistic outcome to hope for than the undependable Packer D being able to stop Seattle's offense. The Packers O will need to start out fast and stay hot or it could be a very long and disappointing day.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the biggest game of the season for us. This has to be our statement game. Need the pass rush to come alive and a good day from the offense.

If we win, we're going to run the table.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Earl Thomas out with a broken shin that just helped us tremendously. They need to design a plan where they attack the #2 and #3 corners.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers offense may need to win a shoot-out. That may be a more realistic outcome to hope for than the undependable Packer D being able to stop Seattle's offense. The Packers O will need to start out fast and stay hot or it could be a very long and disappointing day.

It will be tough to win a shootout vs. the Seahawks as they featured the best scoring defense in the league. Earl Thomas being out for that game should help the Packers but the defense will have to play well to win this game as well.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, Seattle plays a ton of zone. This is the game where those slant routes, drags, and digs can be used. The only thing is the balls gotta come out quick because ALL three of their linebackers can run!! They are pretty solid defending the pass as a group as well. If I'm MM I'm going 4 wide to force Seattle into using more dbs on the field. This will also help our run game as you are making corners have to tackle vs backers.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be exciting to see what happens, but both teams are all over the place. We've had more consistency recently thankfully but I'm not sold on anything with this team. If we're playing well, I like our chances but we've seen we are capable of some tremendous lapses in play.

Same applies to Seattle. They've been all over this year, especially on offense. Their defense isn't going to miss a lot unless it's Cam Chancellor that's out. That and they actually make Sherman play by the same rules as every other DB in the league.

I can envision any number of outcomes for this game. As long as we get a W I won't care how we get there this week.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game is gonna be really close or they are gonna blow us out

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who says they are not worried about Seattle is either lying or... well lets just say they are lying.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yeah, this is obviously a huge game for both teams and that's why I scheduled it as my yearly trip to Lambeau back when the schedules came out. Playoff hopes on the line and possible number 2 seed on the line for Seattle. We are the team with more at stake and playing at Home so I like our chances.

Seattle's big win last night doesn't scare me much at all. Carolina has obviously tapped out and Michael Bennet even mentioned that after the game as far as the Carolina play calling. it also was a very uninspired effort from the Carolina defense to say the least.

I think the injury to Thomas is huge and MM will have a full week to scheme ways to beat Seattle's secondary with no Thomas. looks like they will go with Terrell and he is no Thomas. I don't see the Pack having much success trying to run the ball against Seattle as they like to pack it in against the run but not having Thomas back there could change all that and how they can play. I would like to see MM spread it out and make Seattle Zone D play in space. I like our matchups across the board outside along with Cook and Monty having to be accounted for by Seattle LB' s.

On defense I think we gotta stop the Seattle run game and put pressure on Mr. Wilson. Seattle has small receivers that are nothing special. I believe taking advantage of a unexperienecd and sometimes suspect Seattle O-Line to be the key on defense.

With all that said if we take care of the football and Play sound special teams we get the "W".

GO PACK GO!

Last edited:

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be foolish NOT to be worried about Seattle, who is always good on both sides of the ball. Personally, I'm just happy to be able to still be watching meaningful Packer games so I'll just embrace the ride. It will by no means be an easy victory and the offense will have to play significantly sharper than it did on Sunday. With the metamorphasis the D (secondary especially) has indergone I'm fairly confident they can keep it close enough for Rodgers and the offense to have a chance to make enough plays. Expecting a big game from Cook. Hoping the weather is better than Sunday because that would favor Seattle IMO. It will be a challenge no question, and the game that will tell us if we can make a legit run at the playoffs. Gotta have it

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the Pack having much success trying to run the ball against Seattle as they like to pack it in against the run but not having Thomas back there could change all that and how they can play.

I'd expect Michael to run with a little extra juice on Sunday. Hopefully he can give our run game a boost in a game where rushing yards will be hard to come by.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doug Baldwin.

He's the key. Cut him off and it's put a big dent in their passing game.

I think we can handle Rawls and Graham.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doug Baldwin.

He's the key. Cut him off and it's put a big dent in their passing game.

I think we can handle Rawls and Graham.

You think we can handle Graham? Idk about that...he worries me just as much as Rawls. This defense probably gives up a ton of points to fantasy tightends haha. The type of coverages mixed with fact that the pass rush is to inconsistent is definitely a cause for concern. We need Matthews to finally show up.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eagles and Texans are totally collapsing. Our little winning streak means nothing unless we beat Seattle.

H

HardRightEdge

A couple of notes based on my viewing up to the 30-7 point:

- Seattle's O-Line has had a bad reputation for a couple of years now. What I saw yesterday was a good run blocking line against a good Carolina front. Their pass blocking is dismal.

- Thomas Rawls looked like the second coming of Shady McCoy in the first half. He went out of the game under the concussion protocol. He returned, did little on a few carries, and then sat evidently judging from his 15 carry total. He may not be right. Prosise is out for the year. If Rawls is out or suffering residual affects, it leaves Seattle with no conventional running game, which is critical to their offense.

- I've watched Seattle twice this year. If those games are representative of Chancellor's play, he's playing at the highest level this season. While he won't get consideration for DPOY, having missed 4 games and not having the gaudy INT or sack numbers favor, he's just out there making play after play.

While the Legion of Boom gets the press, the linebackers may be the better unit, especially when the boomer Chancellor plays up as a hybrid LB. Man, zone, blitz, it doesn't seem to matter...they just don't give up much separation in the short routes.

I think it's going to take a special effort and some luck for the Packers to pull this off: a low scoring game where Rawls is out or dizzy, Wilson is kept in the pocket, Rockett Lockett doesn't bust a big play, Baldwin is kept from getting over the top, no turnovers and Rodgers can find somebody downfield when they go to single high safety which has not been their previous habit against GB. Carroll always has some gadget plays dialed up. You can't let him go off with those.

In the Carolina game, Carroll had an offensive formation with a 5 man line, single back, single wide right, and what looked like 3 TEs in down stance in the left slot. I wanted to see what exactly he was going to run, but there was a penalty and he did not go back to it. He's got end around throwbacks to the QB, fake kicks :(, and miscellaneous whozits and whatnots. That kind of crap must be defended, whatever the h*ll it is.

It's all a pretty tall order. But on any given Sunday....

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone should rename this thread to Week 14: Seattle

or something like that....

Members online

Latest posts