News Media

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Community Service! Now that’s comical. These journalists think what they’re doing IS community service, that’s the irony :laugh:

Although.... I love your idea of seeing Adam Schefter picking up trash on the side of the Highway with a long poker and an orange bag. Really nice thought there.:tup:
They know damn well what they're doing isn't community service. It is about fake and fortune above all else. Take them down a peg and have thousands of passerbys laugh at and insult them while they pick up trash along roads.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My dislike and mistrust of the media goes back to when I was 10 years old. My neighbors son worked for a beer distributer. The local 5 oclock news came on and they showed a breaking news clip of a train that had plowed into a beer delivery truck from the company the guy worked for. It was obvious there was a fatality but the news reporter of course said "the name is being withheld pending notification of relatives" My neighbors were frantic. They had no idea if this was their son or not. Calls to his house were answered with a frantic "I have no idea from his wife" calls to the beer distributor were not being answered as I am sure they were in a hell of a tizzy as well. The wife was calling the wives of a few friends she knew who also worked there and none of them had any idea either and all were just as frantic. Thankfully it all turned out well for my neighbor but I found out later that the family of the guy who died had also seen the news report and that's how they learned about it only to get confirmation 15-20 minutes later. I have always viewed that as one of the most blatant acts of unethical and disrespectful journalism I have ever witnessed. There was absolutely nothing to be gained by showing the footage and causing all that unnecessary concern. As simple " we are being told of a car train accident with a fatality more as the story develops" would have given out just as much information and caused far less panic. All for the scoop. I've had very little respect for the news media and journalism in general from that point on and IMO its gotten far worse with the internet. Very few are held accountable for what they report. They hide behind anonymous sources and if they are shown to be wrong the most you might get is an "oops, my bad" but most of the time its never even mentioned.

I think the media is fueling 90% of this crap with Rodgers and the Packers. I have no doubt there is friction between them but I also feel that it was being worked on and I felt that the chances of things being worked out would have been much better before the Schefter story broke. Now everyone is trying to get in on it and come up with a bigger and better story from their sources just to make themselves look good if there is any truth to what they are reporting and if there isn't they just move on to the next story and let everything get buried along with the rest of the compost.

Members online