1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Newhouse vs Allen

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by YouFrgotPoland, Oct 20, 2011.

1. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    Division matchup this weekend everyone. Packers are obviously favored, but as we know with our division games, a lot of things go out the window. I think this is a pretty damn important matchup in the game. Allen is killing it this year, and it is only Newhouse's second start. Marshall has played well so far, but Allen is tops in the league. I'm sure they'll send some TE's and RB's his way to help him out, but still, Allen is going to get some one on one's at some point. What is everyone's thoughts on how our young lineman will do?

2. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +157
    Expect alot of pressure, maybe 2 or 3 sacks?
    Good thing about this team though is Even if Allen does manage to get past Newhouse Rodgers has great pocket awareness and we have all seen him dodging linebackers like nothing else!

So be thankful that Rodgers can extend the play :p

3. thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4 Pack attack 4 ever!

Ratings:
    +50
    He will do just fine, just give him a little help and Rodgers will have the ball out in no time.
    just send the receivers on little slant routes or seem routes and the Packers will have a big day and get the win.

4. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,983
    Newhouse will definitely have his hands full. I expect some running back help for him. I also would expect some quick slants and dump passes right into the area Allen vacates so quickly.

5. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    Man you gotta quit using that yellow. It's killing my eyes:cool:

6. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +966
    We'll we will find out how good Newhouse can really be. I am sure he is going to have help and when he doesn't I think the ball will be gone real quick. Plus we can use his aggressive pursuit against him.

7. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    I think he will hold his own A-Rod may get sacked just to get Allen off his back, but then look out he will be on a roll.

8. thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4 Pack attack 4 ever!

Ratings:
    +50
    Haha sorry man I use the color for what ever team it corresponds to

9. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +966
    ?????????????????????????

10. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    This game will definitely be the best test for Newhouse so far. Perhaps the best test this season because the next time he faces Allen it’ll be at home on grass. I expect he’ll need and get help but this will give us a very good idea of where he is. I’ll be watching Newhouse’s feet – Allen is very quick around the edge but he’s also strong enough to bull rush if the OT is “cheating” outside. That’s what makes him so good – along with a Matthews-like motor.

I agree the play-calling will likely help Newhouse out. It will also be interesting to see how well the TEs chip Allen. I’ve noticed on more than a few occasions Packers’ TEs “chipping” DEs off balance by really delivering a blow instead of just going through the motions. As I’ve posted before, I think the great thing about this situation is the Packers have not one, but two very young prospects who both have a legit shot at excelling at LT.

11. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    I would figure it'd be Bulaga on Jared Allen. I know Bulaga is primarily a RT but GB does ask our O linemen to be able to move around.

12. PackMan13x

PackMan13x Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +132
    I hope Sherrod is developing nicely and is ready to start within the next calendar year sometime. Any news on how he is doing?

13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I wont be surprised if he ends up on the bench to be honest. Jared Allen is packers kryptonite

14. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    Really?

15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    my least favorite player to play against. No one worries me more. I'll take Ware, Reed, Revis, whoever, any day over Allen to go up against.

16. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175
    Allen feeds on weak packers lefts tackles (Babre and co) clifton and other good tackles normally keep him relativly in check. At least from the little I've seen.