Newest injuries Woodson and Starks

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Put latest news here

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7...packers-suffers-concussion-vs-new-york-giants

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Green Bay star cornerback Charles Woodson suffered a concussion in Sunday's 38-35 win over the New York Giants.

Woodson was hurt in the fourth quarter and did not return to the Packers' 12th straight victory without a loss. He will be examined further back in Green Bay this week.

Backup tight end Andrew Quarless left late in the period with a sprained right knee, needing help to get to the sideline. Coach Mike McCarthy termed it "serious."
Green Bay also lost running back James Starks with a sprained ankle. The team did not reveal which ankle.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Thank you for doing this LTF, I was thinking of making a smilar thread since I am curious on this. I think Starks may be out till at LEAST the Bears game, and it'd be a shame for Woodson to not be able to play versus the Raiders.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"Sprained knee"? How about "shredded knee". No doubt Quarless is done for the year. Damn shame too.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
powerrun where did you read Wood will not be in next weeks game. He and Starks may both be in it. It will depend on the evals. If I'm not mistaken this is Woods first Concussion this year correct?

L

Lunchboxer

powerrun where did you read Wood will not be in next weeks game. He and Starks may both be in it. It will depend on the evals. If I'm not mistaken this is Woods first Concussion this year correct?
Yea first time i remember him getting a Concussion.

Id think he will play.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this LTF, I was wondering about what was going on with these guys.

Woodson will have to clear the league's protocol for concussion tests before he is eligible to play. Most likely they will start testing tomorrow. Hopefully the c0ncussion is a mild one and Woodson will be able to play next week. We need him!

I'm very worried about Starks. This is a lingering injury from the Lions game. Perhaps they should of just kept him out this game. It might be best to sit him next week.... we are really going to need him in the post season.

Healing prayers for all the injured Packers! Mercifully our IR list is a lonely place, unlike last year.

Chop0Suey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Quarless is undoubtedly done for the year (and then some).

Hopefully Woodson can come back. We need his leadership, and we can't afford any more injuries to this defense. They've been absolutely plagued (AGAIN!). I say just let Starks rest. We'll need him for our playoff run, and it looks like Grant/Kuhn/Saine should be able to carry the load just fine.

Anyone know if we'll ever get to see Mike Neal? What a tease...

L

Lunchboxer

Yeah, Quarless is undoubtedly done for the year (and then some).

Hopefully Woodson can come back. We need his leadership, and we can't afford any more injuries to this defense. They've been absolutely plagued (AGAIN!). I say just let Starks rest. We'll need him for our playoff run, and it looks like Grant/Kuhn/Saine should be able to carry the load just fine.

Anyone know if we'll ever get to see Mike Neal? What a tease...

I think Woodson would play. First Concussion of year and did he have ones earler??

Woodsons leadership is valuable. He Brings that Locker room together.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Woodson definitely should be back next week. I can't imagine him not, but you never know everyone recovers from concussions differently.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you for doing this LTF, I was thinking of making a smilar thread since I am curious on this. I think Starks may be out till at LEAST the Bears game, and it'd be a shame for Woodson to not be able to play versus the Raiders.
From a reliable source, here's how they will do the concussion test for Chuck.
The Packers equipment manager will hold up a Packers and Raiders jersey at the same time and both will have Woody's name and number on them.
He will play as long as he picks the green one.

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quarless' leg bent SO WRONG on the TV replay. All we can do is hope for the best and pray. I hope we hear more soon.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...tarks-reinjures-ankle-woodson-has-head-injury

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J.—Packers Running back James Starks had to leave Sunday's 38-35 win over the Giants with an aggravation of the sprained ankle he suffered two weeks ago. It's an injury that might force him to sit out a couple of games so he can get it healthy.

NOTES: Cornerback Charles Woodson suffered a head injury and will be evaluated on Monday. He'll go through the league's concussion protocol. He appeared unaffected in the locker room after the game, but he was off limits to reporters

Andrew Quarless suffered what may be a season-ending knee injury. It was described as a knee sprain, but it took several people to help him get to the sideline. The way he landed on the leg, it didn't look good. The club has five tight ends on the roster, but Quarless was becoming a staple because of his blocking.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time for DJ Williams to dress and for Ryan Taylor to get some snaps!!! I like Crabtree over Quarless anyways.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
What we need more that Wood is Bishop and Hawk back. We need to close up that middle and stop that run game and get our play caller back. If Wood needs and extra week to be put right then give it to him, If we don' t have all 3 I say we still out gun the Traders.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Woodson is the leader of our defense.

Without him, well look at the Super Bowl, had he not been injured I'm sure he would have got an interception in that game, cause the Steelers were desperate when Big Ben was forcing the ball around.

Without Woodson, our defense don't get a lot of turnovers. He's like a general on a war field, our guys play much better when he's around.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
That sucks. Quarless was an underrated component to our team. Might be our best blocker this year...

Hey, your gallery of "fails" has another one to add. I saw one of the Giants do one yesterday...can't think of who it was...

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I was just making assumptions. I am thinking we should rest starks and let him heal for two weeks. I think it would be better to have him for the play offs than not.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just making assumptions. I am thinking we should rest starks and let him heal for two weeks. I think it would be better to have him for the play offs than not.

I think its good Saine can get more reps, he, with the limited attempts he's had, has looked better than Grant and sometimes looks like he see's the blocks better than Starks.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything on Clifton in a while now. I wonder when or even if he'll be back this season. Newhouse has been holding his own pretty good but going into the playoffs we'll be up (likely) against the Saints and we'll need better protection.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Time for DJ Williams to dress

agreed. Watching DJ Smith play, the man can tackle and when he was sent in on Blitzes, he actually managed to get there, as opposed to Hawk who always seems to find a blocker when he blitzes. For a rookie undersized LB a lot of responsibility was put on his shoulders and he did a pretty damn good job.

DocSkittles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything on Clifton in a while now. I wonder when or even if he'll be back this season. Newhouse has been holding his own pretty good but going into the playoffs we'll be up (likely) against the Saints and we'll need better protection.

In mid-November the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported that Coach McCarthy had hoped to have him back for the Giants game. Maybe that's an indication that he's on the mend and getting back into fighting form. However, as he apparently didn't practice last week, it might be sometime before he's back in the lineup. Hopefully I'm wrong on that.

At 35 years old and 320 pounds, healing up to be well enough to play probably isn't the easiest task. He definitely makes an impact, so I am pulling for him to get back on the field ASAP.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts