New season to begin with such talents

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WIMM I concede. I've spent way too much time talking about a kicker. White flag being raised...

G. P. G.

this is quote from the link wim shared, doesn't support his claim

The Packers’ patience paid off. Crosby has made 84 of his 98 attempts (87.4 percent) since 2013 and holds the active NFL record for consecutive made field goals in the postseason (20). He also was one of only four kickers to not miss an extra point in the regular season or playoffs in 2015.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't think the Seahawks were sleep walking, we were kicking their ***. We had little things happen that showed up in a big way. Like Jordy tripping just a bit coming out of his break, throwing the timing off a split second and a TD went off his finger tips and we settled for 3. Our Defense was owning Wilson and that offense. I knew exactly what they were going to try they were getting so desperate. I think it was the 3rd or 4th INT, I was like, they're going to try and hit us big 1st play. They did, and we put the blitz on and he put it up, another INT.

Even in the come back, Wilson was running for his life and chucked up a damn prayer, a no look, absolute duck for a prayer and it was answered. Crosby would have won the game with his next FB. That's not to mention another dropped INT right thru the hands by Dix, needing plays that happen 1 every season or 2 for a team to happen in sequence. Burnett giving up on an INT. The non neutral zone infraction that should have been a free play, but instead ended up an INT.

Seattle was getting beaten up and down that field that day. Little things kept the score lower.

I recently re-watched this game and you're 100% correct in everything you said here. I myself had forgotten how badly we were beating the $#!t out of them. Russell Wilson didn't complete a pass to a player on his own team until just over 3 mins left in the 1st half. I mean it was complete domination.

Another play I'll add is Aaron missing Cobb WIDE open over the middle that if nothing else puts the ball inside the 10 yd line and leads to 3 more pts. I believe Aaron threw an INT on this drive, possibly the mix up with Jordy I can't remember.

One thing I still vividly remember about that game is that the complete lack of talent at inside linebacker directly led to 20 points for the Seahawks. There was a lot that could have gone the Packers way but Thompson deserves some blame for not addressing the position adequately.

this is quote from the link wim shared, doesn't support his claim

The Packers’ patience paid off. Crosby has made 84 of his 98 attempts (87.4 percent) since 2013 and holds the active NFL record for consecutive made field goals in the postseason (20). He also was one of only four kickers to not miss an extra point in the regular season or playoffs in 2015.

First of all making 84 out of 98 attempts equals to a success rate of 85.7%. As I've mentioned before this ranks 17th out of 33 qualified kickers in the league over the last three years, hence below average.

Once again, his playoff streak looks impressive at first sight. Taking a closer look at it though only three of this field goals have been made from more than 43 yards (longest one 48) with 10 of them coming from less than 33 yards.

There's no reason to consider him one of the best kickers in the league because of it.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I still vividly remember about that game is that the complete lack of talent at inside linebacker directly led to 20 points for the Seahawks. There was a lot that could have gone the Packers way but Thompson deserves some blame for not addressing the position adequately.

First of all making 84 out of 98 attempts equals to a success rate of 85.7%. As I've mentioned before this ranks 17th out of 33 qualified kickers in the league over the last three years, hence below average.

Once again, his playoff streak looks impressive at first sight. Taking a closer look at it though only three of this field goals have been made from more than 43 yards (longest one 48) with 10 of them coming from less than 33 yards.

There's no reason to consider him one of the best kickers in the league because of it.
At this point I'm not asking you to brand him as "one of the league's best" rather bump him up to at least average! Just because you don't like the way the playoff data reads doesn't mean you get to sweep it under the rug. He's not great, as I've conceded, but I think he's good and certainly not below average.

D

Deleted member 6794

At this point I'm not asking you to brand him as "one of the league's best" rather bump him up to at least average! Just because you don't like the way the playoff data reads doesn't mean you get to sweep it under the rug. He's not great, as I've conceded, but I think he's good and certainly not below average.

Fine, I agree Crosby is an average kicker. That doesn't change the fact the Packers significantly overpaid for him though.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 of your recievers go out along with all your OL only playing 8 games together due to injuries.. I'd say that's semi reason enough to blame on how the season went last year. Rodgers lost his rythum and it all seemed to come apart at the seams. I see this year going a lot differently, granted everyone can stay healthy.

D

Deleted member 6794

3 of your recievers go out along with all your OL only playing 8 games together due to injuries.. I'd say that's semi reason enough to blame on how the season went last year.

The starters on the offensive line still managed to play 84% of the total snaps. The problem was a lack of depth at the position.

There's no denying the receiving corps suffered a lot of injuries but the team could for sure have done a better job of overcoming them.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The front 7 is gonna give me a heart attack until about week 4 I think. Or later depending on how long it takes Martinez, Clark etc. to develop and play.