New play finder from Pro-football reference.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Wonderful update here to the holy bible of pro football.

I'm curious if they eventually will go back to older games and add the play by play to them, or at least the post season ones.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wonderful update here to the holy bible of pro football.

I'm curious if they eventually will go back to older games and add the play by play to them, or at least the post season ones.

I would guess they'll eventually have them as far back as they have game logs. Then they'll start charging $9.99/month for access :rolleyes:

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
H

HardRightEdge

You need to remove the requirement that the play did not end in a first down and you find that Favre threw a ton of 4th quarter INTs in that time span.

http://pfref.com/tiny/JG2T5

Thanks for the tip, GreenBlood. I knew there were a lot (with a few seared into permanent memory). But even I, who would have liked to have seen Favre dealt after 2000 for 3 first rounders, was surprised to see there were 57 4th. quarter INT over 8 seasons...7 per year including playoffs.

That's an awful lot for a first ballot HOF quarterback.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, GreenBlood. I knew there were a lot (with a few seared into permanent memory). But even I, who would have liked to have seen Favre dealt after 2000 for 3 first rounders, was surprised to see there were 57 4th. quarter INT over 8 seasons...7 per year including playoffs.

That's an awful lot for a first ballot HOF quarterback.

Pretty insane isn't it? I kind of wonder if any other QB has thrown more 4th quarter INTs in an 8 year span that Brett did. Hey, lookie there... I just called him Brett instead of the more formal "Favre". Maybe I'm starting to come around to forgiving the guy a little bit. Nah... it's going to take another 3 years at least.

H

HardRightEdge

Pretty insane isn't it? I kind of wonder if any other QB has thrown more 4th quarter INTs in an 8 year span that Brett did. Hey, lookie there... I just called him Brett instead of the more formal "Favre". Maybe I'm starting to come around to forgiving the guy a little bit. Nah... it's going to take another 3 years at least.

That would be interesting to see. I'd also wonder which QB had the lowest career QB rating on passes thrown before taking his first hit in each game. Too often Favre's gyroscope seemed to be stuck off kilter until a defender jarred it back to factory spec.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts