New Packer Fan - New American Football Fan

Bomber

Clueless but Luvin It
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm from Glasgow, Scotland and have always had a passing interest in American Football. When I was younger I liked the Dolphins (because I got a Dolphins shirt for Christmas one year) then, when I was a bit older I liked the Raiders for no other reason than I liked the badge (went through a bit of a black/white/silver phase). Other than watching the Superbowl each year that is as far as my interest went.

Yesterday things changed. I attended my first match, the 49ers v Broncos in London. The whole event had me gripped. The atmosphere, production, pre-match entertainment, during-match entertainment and, most importantly, the game itself.

Since I have decided to take more than a passing interest in the game I wanted to get myself a team. Not a team because of a badge or anything like that but a team I feel I can connect with. I have spent a few hours on the interweb looking at different teams. I have looked at a number of teams, their history, fans and forums. The Packers were the ones that stood out for me. I did have a look at other teams as well in particular the Browns and the Steelers but the Packers just feels right.

So there you have it, November 1 2010, Day 1 of me being an American Football and Green Bay Packer fan.

Hopefully you can all help me understand the game better, which shouldn't be hard as at the moment I understand the 4 downs to get 10 yards and that is about it.

That just leaves one thing left to say: 'mon the packers. :happy0005:

bradwillrockyou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice! I think you made the right choice. The Packers definitely have a great heritage and if we can get over the insane amount of injuries this year, we should make a good run. Welcome!

Go Pack Go!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Again on the heels of Kitten.. Regardless..Your the second fan to "choose" the Pack as their team!

Growing up in Wisconsin,..the Packers was all I knew,and always disliked our rivals.

I'm sure you'll not regret your choice!:)

OP
OP
Bomber

Bomber

Clueless but Luvin It
Reaction score
Feelin the love already. Just hope my boss is feeling it if I start turning up late after staying up to the early hours to watch a game :sleepy:

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Fantastic introduction post. Made me want to grant you U. S. Citizenship right away. When you look at my avatar, you will be looking at the seal (coat of arms)of the city Green Bay, WI. Will help you learn about American football if you can help us figure out what in the heck Cricket is. My brother bought me a cricket bat 24 years ago....I use it to crush flies. Anyway welcome aboard mate, bloke. Rule #1 in my personal rules of conduct as to being a good Packer Fan is to intensely dislike the bloody Chicago Bears. :chisux:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm from Glasgow, Scotland and have always had a passing interest in American Football. When I was younger I liked the Dolphins (because I got a Dolphins shirt for Christmas one year) then, when I was a bit older I liked the Raiders for no other reason than I liked the badge (went through a bit of a black/white/silver phase). Other than watching the Superbowl each year that is as far as my interest went.

Yesterday things changed. I attended my first match, the 49ers v Broncos in London. The whole event had me gripped. The atmosphere, production, pre-match entertainment, during-match entertainment and, most importantly, the game itself.

Since I have decided to take more than a passing interest in the game I wanted to get myself a team. Not a team because of a badge or anything like that but a team I feel I can connect with. I have spent a few hours on the interweb looking at different teams. I have looked at a number of teams, their history, fans and forums. The Packers were the ones that stood out for me. I did have a look at other teams as well in particular the Browns and the Steelers but the Packers just feels right.

So there you have it, November 1 2010, Day 1 of me being an American Football and Green Bay Packer fan.

Hopefully you can all help me understand the game better, which shouldn't be hard as at the moment I understand the 4 downs to get 10 yards and that is about it.

If I were you I would order a couple DVDs on the packers. This is my favorite thing NFL films has done on the packers, I cant say enough good things about "America's game"

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/NFL-Americas-Game-Green-Packers/dp/B000RW3Z08/ref=sr_1_5?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1288667684&sr=1-5]Amazon.com: NFL: America's Game: Green Bay Packers: Artist Not Provided: Movies & TV[/ame]

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Glad to have you on board bomber.
For it's a grand old team to play for ;)

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
  • History - The Best
  • Fans - The Best
  • Players - The Best

There's not much you can't make an argument for when it comes to the Packers. Just to let you know, once your in, the Pack becomes your life :p That is the joy of American Football!

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Wow, interesting post! Welcome :)
Dont worry too much about learning the entire game...Ive been watching since I was 5 (22 years ago) and I still dont know everything.
Start with the scoring and just keep watching. You'll pick it up fast.

I really dont think you could've picked a better team to choose. Smallest NFL city, the ONLY team owned by its fans, the most championships, one of the oldest teams plus they play outdoors...not in some dome somewhere...(I love the snowy games)

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Welcome to the fanbase. Always room for one more! And might I add, you have GOOD taste in football teams. Post often, ask questions, people are always more than happy to help explain rules when we can. Sometimes even we don't understand all of em. American football is the most complicated sport ever created as far as I know, but also one of the most exciting (and frustrating at times).

I was born in Wisconsin, so I basically grew up a fan and hating the rivals too.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Great post! Welcome new Packer backer! Are you able to watch the games over there? If you need help about anything as Murgen said, don't be shy to ask.

Members online

Latest posts