New England Future

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
It is ridiculous how they continue to hoodwink other teams year in and year out. The Moss deal just being the latest example of that.

They're set up real nicely. They're going to continue to be great for a long time.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are rebuilding their army. Not so bad because what they were rebuilding was not so bad to begin with. I see them to be a threat in the next few years, not only for they AFC championship but for the SB itself if no NFL team can hold ranks with them. The current Packers roster, sans injuries could give them a run for their money. I don't always agree with the Patriots ethics. I think there was some dirty dealing in the Moss trade, I can't prove it but I wouldn't put it past them. We play them this year, it'll be a good match up, our injured team playing their rebuilding team might give you some perspective on what the dynamics are going to be like for the future.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I think they're the best run organization in football. Ever since Kraft took over, they have been consistently competitive. They always seem to make the right moves and always seem to threaten SB.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
If things go well for the Packers, they may be playing against New England in future Super Bowls. How bright is the future for New England?

They have the NFL's best record this season at 6-1
They have arguably the best head coach in the NFL
They have a franchise QB
Their Pro Bowl guard, Logan Mankins, just rejoined the team (which is already 6-1)
They have 8 guys (4 starters) on injured reserved. Other than GB, they are the most injured team in the NFL. (their roster is deep)
They have 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds of the 2011 draft

Watch out for New England
They no longer have 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds. They traded one to Seattle for Branch.* Who's Brady's backup this year?

*Opps sorry, they traded a 4th rounder.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
They no longer have 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds. They traded one to Seattle for Branch.* Who's Brady's backup this year?

*Opps sorry, they traded a 4th rounder.

That's a good point as to the future of NE. They had better start thinking about their next generation QB. Brady is not going to last forever and is already starting to go downhill. So much of their organization is rooted in Brady, if he goes down, they just better have an answer to him. Anyone remember the year Brady went down in the first few weeks of the season??? How many Fantasy Teams did that tank? Mine for one, my backup was none other than A.J. Feeley. I finished last in my league, but alas, I digress.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they're the best run organization in football. Ever since Kraft took over, they have been consistently competitive. They always seem to make the right moves and always seem to threaten SB.

I am disgustingly JEALOUS of the PATRIOTS...they are always in it every year...it's disgusting
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For us not to ever sign Free agents, trade for players, you would think we would be stockpiled in draft picks every year also

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
new england has 2 first round picks 2 2nd round picks and 2 3rd round picks in 2011 draft. That organization knows wth they are doing that is for sure.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New Englands future? I dont know about next year but my crystal ball tells me a few weeks from now its going to be gloomy with a chance of clay.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last night's destruction of the NY Jets 45-3 is additional proof that the system that New England (and the Packers) use works well. Not only does New England have the best record in the NFL (still), but they have two picks in each of the first three rounds in the 2011 draft.

Which GMs seem to trade down during the draft most often? Bill Belichick and Ted Thompson.

Which GMs hold onto draft picks like they are gold? Bill Belichick and Ted Thompson.

Which GMs let free agents leave and join other teams? Bill Belichick and Ted Thompson (Aaron Kampman).

Which GMs have a history of trading away good players on the downside of their careers? Bill Belichick (Randy Moss, Richard Seymour) and Ted Thompson (Brett Favre).
Again, that's since they started dumping FAs.
When they had Moss, Thomas and co., they were drafting poorly (Chad Jackson over Greg Jennings). And edven though they wen't 16-0, they couldn't win it all.
Then it ended last year with a loss at home against BAL.

Now that they've gone back on track, they're doing well. The players respect each other and respect the coaching staff, so everything works.
New Englands future? I dont know about next year but my crystal ball tells me a few weeks from now its going to be gloomy with a chance of clay.
THIS right here.

Though I think we'll lose.

But no biggie, we'll win in a neutral field in Dallas...

Staff online

Latest posts