Nelson signs with Da Raiders

If Jordy signs with the Raiders, should GB go after Crabtree?

• Yes

• No

• Draft another WR

• Focus on defense

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
87 is Jared Cook on the Raiders, how funny is that.
Interesting. I love the fact we grabbed Graham but we did it at the expense of bullying one of our own. You can call that “business” but I’ve worked in the business arena since 1989 (started with Circuit City after 5 years of Hospitality) and been with 6 companies in 3 states over a 29 year span since. I’ve read every Earl Nightengale, Brian Tracy, Grant Cardone, been to business seminars etc.. and I’ve never heard this method of success. Just be something new. This is not how business deals should work. When you disrespect your Employees it has zero to do with $ and everything to do with your attitude. Once your name gets around like what’s been happening it rarely comes back to you as a positive. You might get away with this a few times but it will cost you dearly in the long run. I’m no longer concerned about Jordy but I’m super concerned we got a Rook in office.
Ok enough of my ranting sorry this doesn’t sit well, at all.

We need 1,000+ yards of production out of a new receiver under +-5M (remember the TE was assumed to be a plus) let’s see what Gute can do I’m waiting and I’ll keep my mouth shut about this from here out. I will be watching the WR position like I’m applying for the job tho This is serious business #12 clock is ticking.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting. I love the fact we grabbed Graham but we did it at the expense of bullying one of our own. You can call that “business” but I’ve worked in the business arena since 1989 (started with Circuit City after 5 years of Hospitality) and been with 6 companies in 3 states over a 29 year span since. I’ve read every Earl Nightengale, Brian Tracy, Grant Cardone, been to business seminars etc.. and I’ve never heard this method of success. Just be something new. This is not how business deals should work. When you disrespect your Employees it has zero to do with $ and everything to do with your attitude. Once your name gets around like what’s been happening it rarely comes back to you as a positive. You might get away with this a few times but it will cost you dearly in the long run. I’m no longer concerned about Jordy but I’m super concerned we got a Rook in office.

We need 1,000+ yards of production out of a new receiver under +-5M (remember the TE was assumed to be a plus) let’s see what Gute can do I’m waiting and I’ll keep my mouth shut about this from here out. I will be watching the WR position like I’m applying for the job tho This is serious business #12 clock is ticking.

You can't compare regular business to NFL business. It isn't the same.

This kind of stuff happens every single year. Your ranting is misplaced.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still in the camp that you had two WRs at the opposite spectrum with Hundley. One busted his rear end to make plays (Adams) while the other ran his assigned routes. I know who I would pay and who I would make an example of.

Jordy was in a bad situation with AR out, but he could have made more of it. IMO - players put themselves in these positions. They mostly jockey for the most money possible and then act hurt when teams cut them early due to cap reasons. I don't feel sorry for guys that get cut unless they had cap-friendly deals. Otherwise, they were trying to get their piece just as much as the teams, and it's an ugly world.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, he had a bad ankle last year and got it cleaned up. He would be a good target for sure.

Also, he did throw for 1700 yards with the Raiders once. Could be an emergency back up as well and probably be better than Hundley or Kizer at this point.

You are correct, didn't notice that.

If I am Jordy, my new number is #12.

If he goes with 12 I'm getting that. Hit me right in the feels.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok guys.... what part don’t you get... Green Bay coaches and personnel evaluated Jordy’s FOOTBAL worth. They decided it was time to move on. It’s not about respect/disrespect.... it’s about football (current) skills evaluation. I would think that if anything they would have given the benefit of the doubt. He was a non factor last year after Rodgers went down. Adams stepped up, Jordy stepped back. The numbers are there. And when I say he stepped back it’s not an insult, ravages of father time and injury surely contributed. But do we really need to throw significant money at a guy in decline that disappears unless #12 is back there? This should be evaluated as a FOOTBALL decision not all this Jr High BS.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Ok guys.... what part don’t you get... Green Bay coaches and personnel evaluated Jordy’s FOOTBAL worth. They decided it was time to move on. It’s not about respect/disrespect.... it’s about football (current) skills evaluation. I would think that if anything they would have given the benefit of the doubt. He was a non factor last year after Rodgers went down. Adams stepped up, Jordy stepped back. The numbers are there.

I see both sides of this and I guess we will have our answer on whether it was a good or bad decision in about 10 months.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen QBs and kickers maintain and improve as they progress through their 30s, but it is a very small pool of skill players that get better at this age. The arrow is trending down for Jordy.

D

Deleted member 6794

As much as I respect Jordy for his production for the Packers as well as being a perfect role model off the field it was the right decision for the team to move on. I wish him and his family all the best and good luck in Oakland.

Keeping Cobb and cutting Jordy ---> can already kiss away any chance of the new GM not being a damn idiot. Anyone who has watched the team over the past 3 years knows Nelson is more valuable than ******* Cobb.

While Cobb hasn't lived up to the contract he signed three years ago you have to realize that he ranks second in the league in receptions out of the slot since 2014. It was the correct decision to stick with the younger receiver.

I honestly want Cobb gone too.

That would leave the Packers extremely thin at wide receiver.

I doubt we will ever hear the full story, but I'm a bit stunned that he wouldn't have been offered an amount equal to that in Green Bay.

I was actually shocked that the Raiders signed him to deal including $13 million in guaranteed money. I'm glad the Packers didn't offer anything close to it.

That’s obviously true but You missed the big picture here.
First of all we’re still paying him 2.3M for ZERO production

Once again, the Packers don't owe Nelson any money. The $2.3 million dead money counting against the cap stems from remaining prorated portion of the signing bonus Jordy received at the time he signed the contract.

You’re right you’re right. We shouldn’t care.
Jordy being only 1 of 4 current players out of over 40 widereceivers that both make at least 5M/year+ and that landed at least 87% guaranteed contract $ or more.
Btw. ALL are young guys.
Amari Cooper 100%
Corey Davis 100%
Jarvis Landry 100%...
Jordy Nelson!! 87%

John Ross 100%
Devante Parker 100%
OBJr 100%
Corey Coleman 100%

All of them are young guys. 25,24,23,34,..
22, 25,25,23...
Anyone else see a pattern here??

There's definitely a pattern here. Smart teams don't overpay for players Jordy's age. In my opinion it was a terrible deal by the Raiders.

I wasn't a fan of the move when it happened, and I'm less of a fan of it now. He took a significant pay cut to play for someone else. Clearly he was willing to play for less, so that just shows the Packers disrespected him.

Feelings aside, he's still one of the better receivers in the league. He has never had an unproductive season with Rodgers. Last time they played together, he led the league in touchdowns. Last time we were without Jordy for a year, people though Rodgers lost a step because of how bad the offense was. Rodgers and Nelson were a special combination you don't get often in this league, AND Nelson was willing to play for less money, and they still cut him.

For me, personally, this is a sad week to be a Packers fan.

Because he didn't go snag a huge payday. He took a pay cut to play for someone else. All that shows is the Packers weren't even willing to work with him.

The Packers wouldn't have saved enough cap space by agreeing to a contract paying Nelson $15 million over two seasons. It was a tough but correct business decision.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This makes me so sad!

Do they really have him in his Packer uniform under a Raider Logo in the TV background for his contract signing? ;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The packers released Gorfy Nelson bvefore Fe agenct began so he could fing the vbest ofer from another team. Grodywntrf to stay with packer, so Guto offered Gorday the monumun ofer for a FCVeterqan NF: paqlyer with 10 years in the NFL
edit is your friend.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he’s still a guy that can easily put up 750+ yards and possibly break 1,000 with the right system. Many fans have underestimated him. I understand what got in Gutes head but raw speed isn’t everything. There’s lots of great WRs who never broke 4.5X40. Jerry Rice is a prime example of this and he stands as one of the best to ever play the game.

I remember fans discounting Larry Fitzgerald over 5 years ago speculating he was washed up.
He still commands an 8 figure salary today.

I still believe Jordy would’ve taken a hometown discount. Probably even a 2yrX 12M with 8M guaranteed and that would’ve also washed his dead Cap to boot. We just lost a very good receiver for under the equivalent of 5-6M a year. But worse yet we set a new bar for all players to ask for the maximum guaranteed. Just look at his contract. Next to 100% guaranteed this is as high as you’ll see, we won a skirmish and started a “guaranteed” war in the process.

Jordy Nelson has never been close to playing at the level of Jerry Rice. Jerry Rice was playing amongst the stars and fell to the stratosphere during his decline. Jordy Nelson isn't on Larry Fitzgerald's level either. Nelson may go the HOF, he deserves it, but I'm not sure he'll produce for the Raiders the way he did for the Packers. Also, Cousins set the precedent for guaranteed money, he's a QB, the most important position. Also, if a player has the cache, I am not opposed to them seeking guaranteed deals.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Relax. Courtland Sutton is on his way. :cool:

D

Deleted member 6794

Nelson may go the HOF, he deserves it, but I'm not sure he'll produce for the Raiders the way he did for the Packers.

While Nelson is a sure bet to be inducted into the Packers HOF I highly doubt he makes it to Canton.