My first packers game...

JFinley88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey all,

A good friend of mine and I are life-long, but displaced, Packer fans from Ontario, Canada. I've been a die hard since I was a kid... and now we've decided to FINALLY take the journey down to Green Bay. With the schedule now out, we've pegged the Oct 24 Vikqueens game. So, I have a few questions that those more experienced with heading to Lambeau should be able to help me with.

Where would be the best place to sit for a first timer? Any really great experiences off the traditional 50-yard line seats?

How is tailgating in Green Bay? I've always read about the great fan experience... but what exactly can I expect?

Thanks for the help... should be a great season, and I'm pumped about finally taking in a game.:viksux:

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I too am making my first trip this year, as I live in NY. Apparently from what I've learned is to go for the weekend, and book a hotel outside of Green Bay and make the commute. But any info on seating and bars would be amazing!

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I, as well, am going to be making it out to GB for the first time this year. I live in Buffalo, NY and am going to make it out for the Buffalo game on Sept 19. I'm thinking of going for one of the fan packages through the main website. It seems like a decent deal, I just need to figure out which airport to fly into for the cheapest fare.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Incubes, I live near Buffalo and am goin to the Bills game too, let me know what you find. Right now on stub hub i found tickets going from 170-300, still not sure if im flying or driving though

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is not a bad seat in the house
And no matter what end u tailgate @ your gonna have fun
dont forget to rip on the grown men u see wearng purple

:viksux:

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could also do with some info on hotels if anyone has any?

I wont be renting a car while over here, so it can't be *too* far away from Lambeau. Within taxi/bus distance.

Looking at the dats of the Phins game or Vikings game.

Cheers

Gerard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as most of you...

I live in California and the Pack isn't playing anywhere near here this season so I'm hoping to make my first trip to Lambeau...

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Packer Fan Tours > Tours and Ticket Packages [ The Official Tour Company of the Green Bay Packers ]

this is what I was looking at myself. I know it's a lot more expensive than what I could get on stubhub or even craigslist, but I really want to go all out since it will probably be one of the few times I'll ever be in Lambeau, and it's my first. I'm thinking of flying into a bigger city, then renting a car, depending on the costs of everything.

I was looking at those for that exact reasoning. I'd love to get the gold package to come home with a photo and autograph of one of the Pack. I work at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part time while going to school, so I can get a rental car hella cheap, let me know if you find some cheap airfare and I can prob hook u up with a car

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I was looking at those for that exact reasoning. I'd love to get the gold package to come home with a photo and autograph of one of the Pack. I work at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part time while going to school, so I can get a rental car hella cheap, let me know if you find some cheap airfare and I can prob hook u up with a car
Yeah, that was the plan, I figure it's a big trip so I'm gonna go all out and get the gold I think. I'll keep researching flights, everything I've found is pretty pricey right now, but we've got a long time until the games. Were you planning on going to the Buffalo game?

Edit: Nvm, just reread your earlier post, ha. Like I said, I'll keep looking, there's bound to be something out there.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Planning on making this my first real Packers game, I remember going to preseasons games, but I was a lot younger and wasn't able to enjoy it as much. I hope the Packers announce what game they will be wearing their throwback uniforms soon, because that is the game I want to go to. Also this is the only time I am glad that my fiance and myself work at two different hotels, so we can try and get a steep discount.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, This is my first post...but I was born and raised a Packers fan.
THE VIKINGS GAME IS ON!!! I WILL BE THERE OCTOBER 24TH!
We just booked it the other day through the Fan Tour group.
Staying at the Radisson, doing the tailgating thing, and the stadium tour.

I am speechless. This was my 30th birthday present from my wife.

I still cant believe I am going to Green Bay....

Feels like a dream!!!!!

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forgot to add...:viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux:

Oh, and I am from York PA by the way.

Will also be going to see the Pack crush The Deadskins!

GO PACK GO!:happy0005:
:happy0005:

Members online

Latest posts