1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

My first packers game...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by JFinley88, Apr 21, 2010.

1. JFinley88

JFinley88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,

A good friend of mine and I are life-long, but displaced, Packer fans from Ontario, Canada. I've been a die hard since I was a kid... and now we've decided to FINALLY take the journey down to Green Bay. With the schedule now out, we've pegged the Oct 24 Vikqueens game. So, I have a few questions that those more experienced with heading to Lambeau should be able to help me with.

Where would be the best place to sit for a first timer? Any really great experiences off the traditional 50-yard line seats?

How is tailgating in Green Bay? I've always read about the great fan experience... but what exactly can I expect?

Thanks for the help... should be a great season, and I'm pumped about finally taking in a game.:viksux:

2. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    I too am making my first trip this year, as I live in NY. Apparently from what I've learned is to go for the weekend, and book a hotel outside of Green Bay and make the commute. But any info on seating and bars would be amazing!

3. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    I, as well, am going to be making it out to GB for the first time this year. I live in Buffalo, NY and am going to make it out for the Buffalo game on Sept 19. I'm thinking of going for one of the fan packages through the main website. It seems like a decent deal, I just need to figure out which airport to fly into for the cheapest fare.

4. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    Incubes, I live near Buffalo and am goin to the Bills game too, let me know what you find. Right now on stub hub i found tickets going from 170-300, still not sure if im flying or driving though

5. packers020802

packers020802 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    There is not a bad seat in the house
    And no matter what end u tailgate @ your gonna have fun
    dont forget to rip on the grown men u see wearng purple

:viksux:

6. Incubes12

Ratings:
    +317
  7. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26
    I could also do with some info on hotels if anyone has any?

I wont be renting a car while over here, so it can't be *too* far away from Lambeau. Within taxi/bus distance.

Looking at the dats of the Phins game or Vikings game.

Cheers

8. Gerard

Gerard Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    I'm in the same boat as most of you...

I live in California and the Pack isn't playing anywhere near here this season so I'm hoping to make my first trip to Lambeau...

9. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115

I was looking at those for that exact reasoning. I'd love to get the gold package to come home with a photo and autograph of one of the Pack. I work at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part time while going to school, so I can get a rental car hella cheap, let me know if you find some cheap airfare and I can prob hook u up with a car

10. Incubes12

Ratings:
    +317
    Yeah, that was the plan, I figure it's a big trip so I'm gonna go all out and get the gold I think. I'll keep researching flights, everything I've found is pretty pricey right now, but we've got a long time until the games. Were you planning on going to the Buffalo game?

Edit: Nvm, just reread your earlier post, ha. Like I said, I'll keep looking, there's bound to be something out there.

11. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    hope y'all have a great time!

12. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    Planning on making this my first real Packers game, I remember going to preseasons games, but I was a lot younger and wasn't able to enjoy it as much. I hope the Packers announce what game they will be wearing their throwback uniforms soon, because that is the game I want to go to. Also this is the only time I am glad that my fiance and myself work at two different hotels, so we can try and get a steep discount.

13. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +653
    Hey, This is my first post...but I was born and raised a Packers fan.
    THE VIKINGS GAME IS ON!!! I WILL BE THERE OCTOBER 24TH!
    We just booked it the other day through the Fan Tour group.
    Staying at the Radisson, doing the tailgating thing, and the stadium tour.

I am speechless. This was my 30th birthday present from my wife.

I still cant believe I am going to Green Bay....

Feels like a dream!!!!!

14. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +653
    Forgot to add...:viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux:

Oh, and I am from York PA by the way.

Will also be going to see the Pack crush The Deadskins!

GO PACK GO!:happy0005:
    :happy0005: