MY fantasy...

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
2010 Player rankings: Top 200

I'll most definitely be drafting him 1st round. I love to see the Rodgers love as of late, he certainly deserves it. I know that stats aren't everything, but it can't hurt to have a top 10 fantasy player running your offense.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in a 8-team keeper league where, like with RB's, we have to start 2 QB's. It makes QB's a little bit more important than RB's, as the real NFL is, imagine that.

I have Rodgers and Peyton Manning. :happy0005:

I have to throw back Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. :mad2:

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers single-handedly won me my fantasy league this year. And I promptly received $350 for his efforts. He's the man.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason RBs are usually taken higher than Qbs is because it's harder to find a RB that will give you points than it is to find a QB.

But, if I'm not mistaken, Rodgers led the league in fantasy in 08 and was second only behind Brees in 09...

Definitely, the best QB to take. Lots of yards, TDs, AND RUNNING TDS AND YARDS, which the other elite QBs don't get...

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason RBs are usually taken higher than Qbs is because it's harder to find a RB that will give you points than it is to find a QB
Really it's because leagues make you start 2, or even 3 RB's.
If you only had to start 1 it would be easy to find a stud.

That's why 2 QB's balances it out.

I'm never playing in one without 2 QBs anymore because I don't buy the BS that 12 of the first 14 picks should always be RBs.

QBs are the key in real life, should be in fantasy as well.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really it's because leagues make you start 2, or even 3 RB's.
If you only had to start 1 it would be easy to find a stud.

That's why 2 QB's balances it out.

I'm never playing in one without 2 QBs anymore because I don't buy the BS that 12 of the first 14 picks should always be RBs.

QBs are the key in real life, should be in fantasy as well.
Some might make the case that, in a PPR league, it might be a better tactic to get a WR and a QB before you take a RB, even in a 1QB league...

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason RBs are usually taken higher than Qbs is because it's harder to find a RB that will give you points than it is to find a QB.

But, if I'm not mistaken, Rodgers led the league in fantasy in 08 and was second only behind Brees in 09...

Definitely, the best QB to take. Lots of yards, TDs, AND RUNNING TDS AND YARDS, which the other elite QBs don't get...

Some might make the case that, in a PPR league, it might be a better tactic to get a WR and a QB before you take a RB, even in a 1QB league...
That might be true. But I don't like those PPR leagues either.
The way I see it, is if a real TD is worth 6 points, than it should take a great act to get 6 points, like a 100 yard game for a RB or WR or 250 or 300 for a QB.

I can't stand those leagues that reward everything in tiny incriments.... 3 catches for 51 yards should not be worth anything near a TD, IMO.

Nor should 6 catches for 63 yards.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I took A-rod last year with like the 16th pick I think, And all my friends said, oh man your stupid haha, and well, It goes without saying that I won the league and A-rod was the MVP. I'm looking for Rodgers to be the Overall NFL MVP this year, now that peyton is sliding.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
You guys can have Rodgers. I'm sure one of you will reach for him and a nice running back will fall into my lap. Running back or bust in round 1, baby!

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys can have Rodgers. I'm sure one of you will reach for him and a nice running back will fall into my lap. Running back or bust in round 1, baby!

Like who......Matt Forte or Michael Turner? Those guys were top 5 picks last year and did what? Rodgers won my league for me as well, as well as SJax and Welker. RB's are overrated in fantasy nowadays, IMO. Spend your first round pick on them, and you better pray they pay off, or your season is ****. Especially with most teams going to the 2-back system. Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking Rodgers or Brees with the #1 pick, but @ 4-10 I like the value of QB better than RB.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Like who......Matt Forte or Michael Turner? Those guys were top 5 picks last year and did what? Rodgers won my league for me as well, as well as SJax and Welker. RB's are overrated in fantasy nowadays, IMO. Spend your first round pick on them, and you better pray they pay off, or your season is ****. Especially with most teams going to the 2-back system. Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking Rodgers or Brees with the #1 pick, but @ 4-10 I like the value of QB better than RB.
Because this is a Packer board, I fully expect Adrian Peterson to fall into the middle of the round. And I hope to be there.

He will dominate next year. Favre or no Favre. I don't see another down year like last year.

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because this is a Packer board, I fully expect Adrian Peterson to fall into the middle of the round. And I hope to be there.

He will dominate next year. Favre or no Favre. I don't see another down year like last year.

I would have to agree with that. If that were to happen, I would fully expect to win. I hate the queens with everything I stand for, but with fantasy football, my passion for real football is blind. Make no mistake though, come sunday, whether I have AP, BLF or Megatron, my stance is on a Packer win over anything else. I remember having Barry Sanders in fantasy and rooting for the Pack to stuff his ***. It's a fickle little beyatch, but I'm hooked.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its so hard playing against the Packers D or Arod. Still gotta cheer for the Pack to destroy no matter what though...

OP
OP
Incubes12

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
It's like Tom Brady two years back, Rodgers definitely has the potential this year to win a fantasy league for a team. The team in my league that year had Brady and literally no one else except for MoJo and he won the whole league. If you can consistently get 3-5 TD's out of a QB, it's absolutely worth going for him in the 1st round, which is exactly what I'll be doing.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couple things
J. Finley will go alot higher in fantasy drafts... the secrets out
F. Jones starting in big D.... but can he play 16 games w/o getting hurt.. he'll drop
All MN WR's drop 3 rounds if # 4 hangs it up

play on

Members online

Latest posts