Murphy: There's something you don't know

Whiskey Smile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is from a recent Journal Sentinel article:

"I deal with Ted and he deals with Mike," Murphy said. "I want both of them to be with the Green Bay Packers long-term."

Both Thompson and McCarthy have two years remaining on five-year contracts each received after the drive to the NFC Championship Game in January 2008.

When Murphy was asked why he couldn't be more definitive, he replied, "There's something you don't know." He declined to elaborate.

Can anyone make some sense of this? What is Murphy referring to?

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
One, or both, have some sudden illness that will preclude locking them up for long-term deals?

Whatever it is, it sounds mysterious.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
speaking of murphy did anyone see the back of his head on the podium? Looked like he was missing patches of his hair. Strange.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can tell you this, TT and MM haters are just about in the same boat with Favre lovers in my book.

You dont like the way they do business? **** you, we are Super Bowl champs haters.

bubbahotep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
speaking of murphy did anyone see the back of his head on the podium? Looked like he was missing patches of his hair. Strange.
He probably has alopecia, I've got it, you lose circles of hair when under stress. It sucks, haven't been able to grow a decent beard for about 10 years.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He probably has alopecia, I've got it, you lose circles of hair when under stress. It sucks, haven't been able to grow a decent beard for about 10 years.

stress? I cant imagine he had any of that this past week...

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

Yeah, noticed that too. I thought it was just the hat pulling up on his hair.

Sounds like they are working on contract extensions. that was my first impression.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
Ted and Mike are actually prototypes. They are due for replacement with newer, sportier, more aerodynamic models in 2013. They will have the same capabilities as the current models, with a few new upgrades, such as universal remote, a built in blender and remote start.

I fear I have divulged too much. I hope they don't send Clay Mathews 2011 after me, that is a nearly perfect killing machine...

So, no, I have no idea. Being a Colts fan, I'm used to seeing such Tweets from Bill Polian as "Good Morkin, but let's cease with these purfuncturous pleasantries..." I know my limits, and figuring out front office speak is well beyond them.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Being a Colts fan, I'm used to seeing such Tweets from Bill Polian as "Good Morkin, but let's cease with these purfuncturous pleasantries..." I know my limits, and figuring out front office speak is well beyond them.

The tweets from Irsay are awesome, though. So you have that. I wanna party with that dude.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully it won't be something that hurts the team, I want them both here winning more championships.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
The tweets from Irsay are awesome, though. So you have that. I wanna party with that dude.

He is one of very few people I follow on Twitter, I can't figure out where he's going with half of what he writes, and through the lack of him following up, I think he's in the same boat.

You're right, though. He probably parties with the best of them (at least I hope from his screwed up tweets). How many front office execs can you say that about?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I had a memo from a CEO that simply said, "Increase EBITA 50%!" (like you can flip a switch to magically increase it)

I responded "Your pushing EBITA into the redzone Captain, she's gonna blow!"

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
uh...thats not how a forum works, you post something, you put link with it, you dont make the others in the forum go look for it

He put JSONLINE

look I know how a forum works lol

but when he puts the source just not the actual link it took you just as much time to search for your self as it did to type it out

"I deal with Ted and he deals with Mike," Murphy said.

I put that in google and 1st page from jsonline popped up

A fitting motivational ploy by McCarthy - JSOnline

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A fitting motivational ploy by McCarthy

By Tom Silverstein of the Journal Sentinel Jan. 7 2011

Thompson, McCarthy contracts: Contract extensions for general manager Ted Thompson and McCarthy should be forthcoming after the Packers won Super Bowl XLV on Sunday night.
Murphy said both Thompson and McCarthy would be hearing from team management soon.
"I deal with Ted and he deals with Mike," Murphy said. "I want both of them to be with the Green Bay Packers long-term."
Both Thompson and McCarthy have two years remaining on five-year contracts each received after the drive to the NFC Championship Game in January 2008.
When Murphy was asked why he couldn't be more definitive, he replied, "There's something you don't know." He declined to elaborate.
In September, a close friend of Thompson's said it wouldn't surprise him if Thompson left the grind of the GM's job sooner than later.
"I'm very confident Ted is going to stay with the Packers," said Murphy.
Thompson, who turned 58 last month, was first hired by the Packers in 1992 as a pro scout. After going to Seattle in 1999, he returned to Green Bay as GM in 2005.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
uh...thats not how a forum works, you post something, you put link with it, you dont make the others in the forum go look for it

Agreed. I get tired of "Go look it up for yourself" replies from people asking for a link. Forums are places designed to foster conversation and share information.

If you post it, provide the accompanying information. It's just good forum netiquette.

azmedic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing about TT looking a little ill..Maybe MM will take on GM duties as well and TT will take a reduced role in the org??

Members online