Mr Jennings... more of the same....

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Talented player but seems to be nicked up alot.. hopefully this is just an unlucky streak but I hope we don't look back after two or three years and see another talent that couldn't stay on the field... see Davis and Martin.

Pete Dougherty, of the Green Bay Press Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers WR Greg Jennings (hamstring) did not participate in practice Friday, Sept. 7, and is listed as questionable for Week 1. Head coach Mike McCarthy said Jennings could dress for the game even after missing practice if his leg feels healthy enough.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'll play.

How is it more of the same anyway? He had one injury prior to this one, it just happened to be a very serious high ankle sprain.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure hope he can play.....and doesn't damage himself worse.
What is it with the hamstrings anyway? I don't remember that many of those problems back in the 1970's and 80's.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I'm starting to get that vibe out of Jennings too. I think it's something we're going to have to deal with. The question is whether he's a Terrell Owens or Robert Ferguson. TO is often hurt as well but it never effected his upside or production. Fergy on the other hand just couldn't get anywhere because of injuries.

None the less week 1 into the season and if he's out then so be it.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every football player in the NFL gets nicked up almost every week. The great ones play through nicks. It's too early to label Jennings. Let's give him a chance

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The good thing is that we have better backups than last season. And when does Koren come back?

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure hope he can play.....and doesn't damage himself worse.
What is it with the hamstrings anyway? I don't remember that many of those problems back in the 1970's and 80's.

My theory is performance-enhancers. Not neccesarily every player who gets hammys, but just some.

Building muscle at an unnatural rate can lead to torn/strained tendons and muscles. I think it's a factor.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no one like to work out their hamstrings, so their over-developed quadriceps cause an unnatural strain on their hamstrings.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have Jennings on my fantasy team too, so this could be a double whammy of pain if he doesn't play.

I think he will though. Jennings is only pretending to be human to trick the eagles.

hubbabubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have Jennings on my fantasy team too, so this could be a double whammy of pain if he doesn't play.

I think he will though. Jennings is only pretending to be human to trick the eagles.

What round did you take him?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

What round did you take him?

7th round, 74th overall pick in the draft.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As others have noted, this is only his second injury, and we don't even know yet if this one will keep him out of a game. So count me among those who are not concerned about Jennings.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing that worries me is: Will this be one of those nagging injuries that effects him all year. That messed up his rookie year, being injured.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More of the same.

McCarthy said Jennings told him he "feels good" about playing Sunday, but the trainers will have the final call.

"Hopefully they tell me the same thing," McCarthy said. "That's sometimes the problem."

If Jennings can't go, James Jones would start and Ruvell Martin would become the third receiver.

"Definitely I'm expecting Greg to play," Jones said. "I don't think his injury is that serious."

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He apparently had a noticeable limp on Friday, and my fantasy web site news update says he won't play, and that Jones will be number 2.

I have Jennings on my fantasy team as well, but I wasn't putting a lot of hope in him becoming one of my starters, at least at first. We have a round 15 "floater" pick and now I'm really, really wishing I had used it to nab Jones (I took jennings in round 10 or so I believe).

Reaction score
He apparently had a noticeable limp on Friday

Oh, that was because he was working on a new dance move that will soon grip the entire nation.

I agree with Trom, Jennings is only pretending to be human to trick the Eagles.

And BTW trom, screw you for taking Jennings. :evil: I was going draft him with my next pick, but you beat me to it.

How can you have a team named after Greg without having Gregorious on the team himself. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts