Moving Woodson to Safety...

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a little confused with this thread, is it should we move Woodson to safety, or is it that Al would make a better safety?

I wouldn't move Woodson over yet, because he is still a very good corner. What I would and what should have been done for years now is to go get a veteran safety to help groom our youth at the position.

As for who would make a better safety, I would say Woodson. Al does not like to tackle, whereas Woodson is a good tackler (except the Jacobs example - where he was only giving up 60lbs). I also believe Woodson is a much better ball hawk. Harris is what he is, a jam the receiever corner. When he loses that battle, he is in trouble because he does not have enough speed. I don't see Al playing any other position but CB.

OP
OP
N

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The question I was asking was if we take a CB early in the draft, will they be considering moving Woodson to safety, or draft a CB strickly to create more depth at the position. Woodson and Harris have had some horrible games, and I've been wondering if they'd try to switch things up, try some new things with the D-backs.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TO didn't beat Harris. TO was in motion for most of he catches. I believe he was passed off to bush.

Plaxico beat Harris. upon game review, two of his big plays were timing that simply could not be defended.

Neither Harris nor Woodson should be moved to safety. We have hope at safety, but not at corner. The risk in our secondary is corner depth.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TO didn't beat Harris. TO was in motion for most of he catches. I believe he was passed off to bush.

Plaxico beat Harris. upon game review, two of his big plays were timing that simply could not be defended.

I like you, Timmons, but I think you should watch the Dallas and Giants games again.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson to safety? Nah.

I'm wagering that Rouse is starting over Collins when the season starts. I'm willing to be a Leine's on that. Any takers?

With that said, I'm thinking that Green Bay takes a corner on the first day of the draft. Possibly a free agent add too. Harris and Woody have what, 2-3 years left tops? Time to being a youth movement.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson to safety? Nah.

I'm wagering that Rouse is starting over Collins when the season starts. I'm willing to be a Leine's on that. Any takers?

With that said, I'm thinking that Green Bay takes a corner on the first day of the draft. Possibly a free agent add too. Harris and Woody have what, 2-3 years left tops? Time to being a youth movement.

We get a CB on the first day of the draft. We might even get one on the 2nd day of the draft too.

Rouse will be starting over Collins by week 8.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The question I was asking was if we take a CB early in the draft, will they be considering moving Woodson to safety, or draft a CB strickly to create more depth at the position. Woodson and Harris have had some horrible games, and I've been wondering if they'd try to switch things up, try some new things with the D-backs.

Charles Woodson chose Green Bay over Tampa, because he'd be playing corner, not safety.

Al Harris can't tackle. He'd make a horrible safety.

If we draft a corner, why would we move any of these to safety? That would only expose the corner, the rookie corner. Immediate weak spot.

He has to be groomed by both our corners before we even let him out on the field as a nickel.

hitemup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why are we even considering Woodson? This whole season was about Al Harris not getting his respect for a pro-bowl. I admit he was doing a great job till' the Dallas game. Motioning to get him off the receiver he was supposed to cover, was clever. Meanwhile Woodson was getting interceptions, and making plays the whole season.

"Woodson was only getting interceptions becuase the receiver on Harris's side was covered." Is complete bull.

As far as I know, Woodson was Making Plays, And getting leveled by running backs (or Fullbacks). Never heard Woodson getting burn during a game as big as The NFC Championship. Woodson "can" play "Bump & Run.

Harris Is a "Get in your head player." Man, sometimes Harris would impress me with his level of energy (Telling the receiver to step back on the line. And do that agian.) Was AWSOME.

Members online

Latest posts