Most Despised Packers

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Brad Jones. Goodness did that guy ******* suck.
I am absolutely shocked that Jarret Bush's name has not been mentioned yet. He was a favorite whipping boy here for multiple years.

As for me, Estus Hood, Terrell Buckley and Ahmad Carroll fit the bill. Never liked Barty Smith, Andre Rison and Wayne Simmons either.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are the Agree and Like for the statement or the sarcasm? The original poster decried the lack of a dynasty, not the single trophy.

I'm not sure what the like and agree are for.

But either way, how a Super Bowl winning GM can be anywhere near someone's most despised Packer is beyond me.

Odds are that one Super Bowl doesn't even happen without Thompson.

Should the Packers have another Super Bowl under Rodgers? Probably, but TT shouldn't be despised for not having built a dynasty.

I hope some posters will be able to appreciate at least a little bit of TT has accomplished when his career is done.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am absolutely shocked that Jarret Bush's name has not been mentioned yet. He was a favorite whipping boy here for multiple years.

As for me, Estus Hood, Terrell Buckley and Ahmad Carroll fit the bill. Never liked Barty Smith, Andre Rison and Wayne Simmons either.
Bush was pretty good on special teams despite being an awful corner for most of his career.

Isn't Wayne Simmons the hot head who threw his super bowl ring into the river and then ended up dying a few years later?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Dan Devine GM maneuvers set the team back 10 years. Bruce Clark. GM Mike Sherman -- never saw a 2nd round pick he didn't want to get rid of.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bush was pretty good on special teams despite being an awful corner for most of his career.

Isn't Wayne Simmons the hot head who threw his super bowl ring into the river and then ended up dying a few years later?
Rison was the one who supposedly tossed it. Upset he was rented seems to ring a bell.. But I belive he didn't do that. He still has it?

Wayne I think sold ring on ebay? But doesn't seem right.. May have been a special team player.. Wayne was the thumper who brought toughness

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Terrell Buckley. I don't know why but I remember thinking WOW he is too small to be drafted so high. And he seemed to get burnt every play...
He had good long career after GB..

His issue was cocky as heck and never really backed it up....

His 1st punt retun was for a td as well

He used to get burnt toast nailed to him

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See, I suspect I`ll be jumped on for saying so, but I kind of liked Charles Martin for his aggression. I CAN only go by what I`ve seen on U-tube, but I think we lack that go for the throat style these days. It WAS a bad hit, but the passion was there. JMO of course.
It was useless aggression. He's the dog that's crazy at the end of a chain and is just useless energy, but people see it and think "wow, he'd be an awesome protection dog"

Meanwhile the dogs with much more drive, much more intensity and the mental fortitude to handle it are doing the real work. Martin was gutless and that one act defines him. There's a vast difference between playing with reckless disregard for your own body, and just being reckless with a weak mind like Martin

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

It was useless aggression. He's the dog that's crazy at the end of a chain and is just useless energy, but people see it and think "wow, he'd be an awesome protection dog"

Meanwhile the dogs with much more drive, much more intensity and the mental fortitude to handle it are doing the real work. Martin was gutless and that one act defines him. There's a vast difference between playing with reckless disregard for your own body, and just being reckless with a weak mind like Martin

I guess we`ll never see things the same way ;), but that`s what make things interesting around here.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right, we should have mentally weak hacks running around committing some of the most disrespectful punk ***** moves in the name of "aggression" that would make our team better LOL.

Grabbing a guy from behind that you outweigh by 100lbs long after a play is over and nobody is remotely protecting anyone anymore is as bush league garbage as you'll ever find in any level. His "aggression" never took him anywhere. Give me a physically and mentally strong person like Reggie once, I'll return every mentally weak punk like Martin a million times.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Grabbing a guy from behind that you outweigh by 100lbs long after a play is over and nobody is remotely protecting anyone anymore
You do realize there was an interception return going on at that time. Granted it was away from the pocket but the play itself was not over.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Dan Devine GM maneuvers set the team back 10 years. Bruce Clark. GM Mike Sherman -- never saw a 2nd round pick he didn't want to get rid of.

Ooooo... Dan Devine ... almost forgot about Dan Devine. Oh yeah, over his head from day one and was too ego-maniacal to know it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do realize there was an interception return going on at that time. Granted it was away from the pocket but the play itself was not over.
I guess I forgot that part. Still one of the cheapest plays I've ever seen at any level

ETA: watched a replay, not much of a return. Intercepted and downed before a return was ever attempted. Was never at any point making a return of the INT.

Last edited:

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously? Despised? Come on man!

Absolutely! Listen, I'm born, raised, and lived in Chicago my entire life. I defended Favre against every idiot in the city. I defended him when people were calling him a drug addict. I defended all of the ups and downs. After all that, he "retires" three offseasons in a row, actively tries to get himself traded to Chicago or Minnesota and eventually worked his way to Minnesota. While in Minnesota he was one "classic Brett Favre pass" away from bringing the Vikings to a Super Bowl.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I understand people not liking Favre after he was traded out of Green Bay, but I view what Favre did for the Packers during the time he was a Packer. If AR retires/gets traded and then goes out and robs a bank, I wouldn't despise who he was as a Packer.

I

I understand people not liking Favre after he was traded out of Green Bay, but I view what Favre did for the Packers during the time he was a Packer. If AR retires/gets traded and then goes out and robs a bank, I wouldn't despise who he was as a Packer.

He ruined my honeymoon in Vegas. I`ll always hate him.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

In my eyes, Favre essentially **** on Packer fans with his actions. I wish him the best of luck selling crappy jeans, razors nobody has ever heard of, and Tommy Copper products.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In my eyes, Favre essentially **** on Packer fans with his actions. I wish him the best of luck selling crappy jeans, razors nobody has ever heard of, and Tommy Copper products.

Just curious, while Brett Favre was employed by the Packers, what actions would you consider as him "sh!tting" on Packer fans?

I

Just curious, while Brett Favre was employed by the Packers, what actions would you consider as him "sh!tting" on Packer fans?

This is why we have a separate section just for Favre. Nobody is ever going to convert anybody for or against Favre, and never will. Those lines have been permanently drawn. The most we can hope for is respecting the other persons opinion.
I`m sorry Poker but he thought he was bigger than the organisation, and that mentality doesn`t sit well with me personally and never will.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This is why we have a separate section just for Favre. Nobody is ever going to convert anybody for or against Favre, and never will. Those lines have been permanently drawn. The most we can hope for is respecting the other persons opinion.
I`m sorry Poker but he thought he was bigger than the organisation, and that mentality doesn`t sit well with me personally and never will.

Yours is a better explanation than the one I hear too often "he was a traitor and played for the Vikings". :rolleyes:

While I don't discount that Favre got a bit too "big" for his own good as well as the teams at the end of his time in Green Bay, I find it difficult to not look at the situation for what it was and still be thankful that the Green Bay Packers had Brett Favre for so many good years in Green Bay.

Members online

Latest posts