Most Despised Packers

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do realize there was an interception return going on at that time. Granted it was away from the pocket but the play itself was not over.
And I suppose you liked the hit Warren Sapp put on Chad Clifton for the same reason?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles Martin: At least greatly despised by Bear fans and many others. His cheap shot body slam on Jim McMahon will forever be remembered.
Charles Martin, IMHO, was a reflection of the head coach's (Forrest Gregg) attitude. Trying to create a fiery attitude and nasty playing mentality he fostered or allowed dirty play (late hits, some cheap shots). Martin felt, IMHO, that he was following orders by slamming McMahon. Surprised Gregg coached another year after the body slam.:tdown:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Charles Martin, IMHO, was a reflection of the head coach's (Forrest Gregg) attitude. Trying to create a fiery attitude and nasty playing mentality he fostered or allowed dirty play (late hits, some cheap shots). Martin felt, IMHO, that he was following orders by slamming McMahon. Surprised Gregg coached another year after the body slam.:tdown:

While I agree with you (as does Mike Ditka), that doesn't forgive Martin for what he did. Still goes down as one of the top gutless thug moves in the NFL in my book.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/mike-ditka-to-this-day-i-dont-respect-forrest-gregg/

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Have you ever heard any of the stories of the NFL before ...say 1970... and how the players got away with most anything? The Martin era was the very last of that attitude.

You are probably correct and I should have added to my statement......"Still goes down as one of the top gutless thug moves in the NFL in my book....since I started watching football." ;)

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious, while Brett Favre was employed by the Packers, what actions would you consider as him "sh!tting" on Packer fans?

The three offseasons of retiring then unretiring. The three offseasons of wavering and not allowing the Packers to plan accordingly (either moving on or moving forward with him).

Just a side note, I find it odd that you're so offended by me not liking Brett Favre.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yours is a better explanation than the one I hear too often "he was a traitor and played for the Vikings". :rolleyes:

While I don't discount that Favre got a bit too "big" for his own good as well as the teams at the end of his time in Green Bay, I find it difficult to not look at the situation for what it was and still be thankful that the Green Bay Packers had Brett Favre for so many good years in Green Bay.

Nobody is saying that they don't "appreciate" all of the years Favre spent with the organization. Favre is an all-time great. I still maintain that he is arguably the second greatest quarterback of all-time (behind Tom Brady). The last few years were like a bad relationship. The early years were amazing (Super Bowl win, 3-time MVPs), but the relationship ended on bad terms (essentially holding the organization hostage, waiting for him to decide if he wanted to keep playing).

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The three offseasons of retiring then unretiring. The three offseasons of wavering and not allowing the Packers to plan accordingly (either moving on or moving forward with him).

Just a side note, I find it odd that you're so offended by me not liking Brett Favre.

He`s not unique, he just asked a question. :). Again though, we have a WHOLE section on Mr Favre. I would say this is a little of my issue with Rodgers earlier this years though. I`m a PACKER fan, not necessarily a Packer player fan.

Sky King

Reaction score
I have a far different perspective on what a player would have to be guilty of for him to earn the "most hated" status. Former Packers Mossy Cade was a convicted ****** and even worse Darren Sharper was a convicted serial ******. Worst of all, former Packer Randall Woodfield was a convicted ******, torturer, and serial killer.

To me, hating a guy for what he did or didn't do on the playing field hardly qualifies them for being deserving of the ultimate negative emotion that one can have for them. Personally, I'll reserve "most hated" for the above ilk and also for players from other teams who, too, have been found guilty of heinous crimes. Scumbags such as Aaron Hernandez, Rae Carruth, and Ray Lewis* They're in a class all to themselves.

*Ray Lewis - who was the only person from his "posse" that had been found guilty of a crime (copped a plea) in the shooting death outside of a nightclub several years back. Nevertheless, has been lionized by the NFL ever since his trial and conviction and that has never sat well with me. Apparently, playing football well can supersede playing life badly.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He`s not unique, he just asked a question. :). Again though, we have a WHOLE section on Mr Favre. I would say this is a little of my issue with Rodgers earlier this years though. I`m a PACKER fan, not necessarily a Packer player fan.

I get it. I'm just saying that the question was asked about one's most despised Packer. He's the person who will forever stand out in my mind. For me, he stands out the most because he was, and for the most part still is, the face of the Green Bay Packers. He's on the Mount Rushmore of Packers next to Lombardi, Starr, and Rodgers. It is easy to dislike a bit player in the history of the Packers (such as Hunt or Bostick or BJ Sanders). For me, he stands out.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow! Talk about missing the point. :confused:

I get your point. You hate him because he's a horrible human being. I'm just pointing out that it is a most despised former Packer question and he was a Packer for the time it takes my coffee to brew in the morning.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Okay guys, I think every bodies point has been made now.

Members online