1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Moss could make fans forgive, forget

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    cheesey, I couldn't have said it better myself. THANK YOU!

now can we get back to topic: would you be willing to forgive Moss if he became a Packer?

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I must be missing your point, cheesey because you sound like a real jerk in that post. Neither myself nor wils0646 are saying we hate Ted and in fact our comments support his stance.

:wtf:
    I didn't say anything about hating Ted. I said he's doing whats best for the Packers, essentially what YOU are saying. Yet if I say it, it burns you?
    :wtf:

If Ted feels Moss will help the Packers, he's gonna go after him. Like I said in above post. He won't sell the farm for him, instead he will do what's fair for the Packers.

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you Allabout!

And YES! I can forgive Moss. I haven't seen him play since he left for the Raiders, so i really don't know if he's lost anything physically or not. He hasn't had a great QB out there, or leadership that i think would benefit him if he did come here.
    Jerry Rice was good in his late years, and Moss isn't that old yet. I think he would fit in here.
    Can you imagine Moss, and Driver for Favre to toss to? And if Jennings does what i think he can, man.........that would be exciting!

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    ZERO! I was AGREEING with you guys!!!! NOT knocking you!!!

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Zero and Wils.....thats why i stated in my post that you 2 put real thought in your post! I'm REALLY sorry if you misunderstood!
    I was agreeing with you, NOT attacking you!
    I'm TRUELY sorry if i didn't make it clear!

6. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm sure I'm the only knucklehead who took it that way.

Burns me, then two posts quoted. Selective reading I guess. My fault.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    No....i can see where it could be misunderstood. I should have made it clearer that i was agreeing with you guys.
    I screwed up! Sorry!
    I enjoyed what both of you wrote, and was just trying to get my thoughts down while i had it fresh in my mind. My fingers were flying on the keyboard, and i SHOULD have made sure i was clear before i entered it.

8. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know Cheesey...

This seems awful damn contentious to me....

Why does TT feel that he has to make such a statement? That's like saying, I don't care if I've got Gale Sayers or Barry Sanders or Joe Montana, etc..etc..on my roster, I am not going to let him dictate or effect how I build this team......Do you think that the GM of Denver would have ever come out against John Elway with such a statement...? This is blatant disrespect for Brett Favre, in my book...

I'm surprised it doesn't bother alot more people here....that's what burns me...

You said that TT will live or die by his decisions alone..

Well, if he doesn't get any playmakers this year, he will be dying by them...especially when Favre retires....You said TT is the leader and will not be held hostage...well, then by the same token, should Favre have to be held hostage by an arrogant TT.....?

9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,975
    WHO WILL FORGIVE MOSS WITH HIS 1ST TD IN GB??

I will!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    TT is the boss........Favre is not. And Favre is not being held hostage. He could force a trade or retire if he chose to. I think he doesn't cause unlike everyone on here, he KNOWS whats going on. He's not just guessing based on a few words said to the media.
    In other words......why get so worked up about something that might just be more made up in your mind then reality?
    I'll wait till FA and the draft before i get worked up. If he does nothing, THEN i'll get mad.
    Like someone else already stated in here, do you want TT to just start telling everyone his plans? So that it can push up the price of who they might have targeted? You HAVE to be shrewed (sp?) to bluff at poker, and i'd hope TT can do the same with his dealings.

11. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Well..we'll see then this year now, won't we...?

(But we will have to re-visit this thread at that time....)

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats what i'm saying. Why get so worked up about something that might mean nothing? TT was giving answers to the media, thats all it was. He had to say something. I sure wouldn't want the guy spilling his guts to THOSE guys.
    Otherwise it's like "I'm not gonna cross the street, cause there are cars, and a car MIGHT hit me!" Yeah, it might happen, then again it might not. So why waste so much time and energy worrying about it?

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    We can revisit it then. If it turns out TT does nothing, and i'm wrong, then you can go ahead and attack me for it.
    But if he DOES do something to address the problems, will you then admit i was right?
    just wondering.

14. Cal2GreenBay

Cal2GreenBay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I CANNOT forgive MOSS. I've seen him play in Oakland. HE DOES NOT TRY.
    HE did not TRY in Minnesota half the time either.

Did you guys hear what he did to Lane Kiffin? Kiffin called Moss to introduce himself and tell him how much he respects him as a players and wants him involved in the offense.

Moss replied by saying 'mutha****, I don't have time for this bull***" "F** You and don't call me again"

YOu want to forgive that???

15. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    First of all, how do you know that's what he said...?

and second...

It sounds like he wants out of Oakland.....

16. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    If someone who only plays half the time puts up his kind of stats, FIND a way to make him play full time. (ie, give him a HoF QB)

17. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Please listen to those of us who have seen him in Oakland!!

Young Andrew Walter threw great passes to him over the middle and he would stop on the routes. Many passes hitting him in the hands but not caught because a safety was lining up a hit on the receiver.

Have you not seen warm ups where the team is streching before a game?? All participate but a certain WR(both in MN and Oakland).

This would be a very bad move and such a bad influence on young players. There cannot be anything to this on the Green Bay side.

There is likely only one of two sources of these rumors. Both would be attempts to drive up the price of acquiring the player. The player's agent or his current team.

Ted Thompson and the Packer Pro scouting staff are not dumb enough to do this.

If I who live in the Oakland broadcast area have seen enough games to know that this receiver is not as fast as he once was and does not have the desire to play at a high level. Pro scouts certainly know he is not worth his current contract.

Who would trust Al Davis??

That receiver is already on the downward side of his career.

As much as I want to get rid of Ferguson, I would not make a straight up trade exchanging him for the Raider due to the differences in salary.

Listen, if you have not seen the Oakland WR play in the last 2 years please recuse yourself. This is not 1999 or 2000.

18. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I've seen Moss in warm ups. And his teamates have said he's an excellent teamate an a very hard worker.

Recuse ourselves? Umm, I think you watch too much Law & Order. We're not judges here. :)

19. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Great point, Zero...

I say trade for him..sign him...get him in G.B.....don't listen to other people's prejudices against him!

20. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :bs:

Cris Carter was always "impressed" with Moss's work ethic.

:roll:

21. wils0646

wils0646 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I think you guys would love Moss back with your receiver situation now...am I right? :thumbsup:

22. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No. We have enough problems without Moss. :sad:

However, there are many Vikings fans that would like to see him back. It is a hotly debated topic in the "Purple World".

Kinda like you guys and TT / Sherman / Wolf..etc.

There are camps within any fan base.

23. Cal2GreenBay

Cal2GreenBay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    HARD WORKER???
    HE worked hard when he was under Chris Carter, and was also under close watch after his draft in his first 3 years because he's was trying to stay under the radar after his suspect character issues at Marshall.

He practiced hard w/Chris and learned, but soon his jerk habits surfaced.

Chris Carter was also seen on tape yelling at Randy Moss for showboating into the end zone from the 10 yard line in and doing a spin.

You could also see Randy not listening to Cater once Moss was in his 3rd year

Carter couldn't reach Moss either.

When Carter retired, Moss went overboard (same as when Rice left the 9ers and Owens went crazy). Moss stated famously "I play when I WANT to" saying he only tries some of the time. Even Chris Carter couldn't get him to play all the time.

You think if Moss tunes out a HOF receiver who mentored him..he won't tune out a 37 year old HOF QB who's lost some?

24. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    IMO, Cal2GreenBay, you hit the nail on the head.

25. Cal2GreenBay

Cal2GreenBay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Firstly..it was all over talk radio in the bay area. www.knbr.com
    NFL network's Adam Shefter reported that Moss "disrespected"
    Kiffin in their first meeting/phone call together.

The local media dug deeper and got some of the color comments.

You guys are talking about a career long jerk who plays and listens to no one. THe more authority you place in front of him, the more he will rebel.

Moss will NOT listen to Favre. The people he hates the most are QBs...
    They NEVER throw him the ball enough.

Check my last post. A HOF receiver Chris Carter was Randy's teammate for many years and HE couldn't reach Randy. You think Favre's going to reach him now?

Randy's the last thing Green Bay needs to sour the character of a young team that's building. I still feel the same way about Charles Woodson.
    When the team starts losing, you'll start to see the OAKLAND RAIDERS version of Woodson in a big way (sulking, not trying..sitting out w/injuries)

Randy's 100 times worse than woodson.

As long as they win, they'll be a nuisance to other teams.
    If you lose or don't throw him the ball enough. Randy will be your worse nightmare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.