Moss could make fans forgive, forget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kiffin and Knapp are bringing in the west coast offense. Moss doesn't want to hear it.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Kiffin and Knapp are bringing in the west coast offense. Moss doesn't want to hear it.

I haven't found anything to support that. Nothing but speculation. I wonder how you know of this and the media doesn't acknowledge it. Props to you!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so sick of hearing about Moss. A lot of Packer fans wanted to get Terrell Owens last year. That one sure worked out great for the Cowboys, didn't it? Owens got his stats and massive media coverage, which was good for him, but he was a nearly constant distraction, and I suspect he played a part in driving Bill Parcells into retirement.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I'm so sick of hearing about Moss. A lot of Packer fans wanted to get Terrell Owens last year. That one sure worked out great for the Cowboys, didn't it? Owens got his stats and massive media coverage, which was good for him, but he was a nearly constant distraction, and I suspect he played a part in driving Bill Parcells into retirement.

Owens was a known trainwreck on the sidelines. Moss isn't. Atleast to my knowledge, but I'm extremely tired and surely forgetting somethings. Like leaving with 2 seconds left on the clock.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what i'm getting sick of is people equating Randy Moss and TO. i've tried to be polite on here with all the fighting about 'should we or shouldn't we trade for moss?', but i can't believe anybody could actually equate Moss with TO. that's ridiculous. Moss is a loner who comes off as arrogant because he's actually really quiet and obviously more concerned with his skills than the circus that we know as the NFL, while TO is under the illusion that he is some kind of rock star. The two have each had problems, but saying that Moss and TO are the same is just so far from the truth that it is borderline ridiculous and I have a hard time taking seriously those who make such claims.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is in response to what I read on the first couple of pages.

Guys, I equate this year to baseball's offseason. Plain and simple, the FA pool isn't that good, and guys that are on the trading block are not going for pennies on the dollar. If TT doesn't make a huge signing, it's probably because he didn't feel anyone was worthy of a big signing. Looking at this year's FA class, I'd tend to agree with that. With Briggs likely being re-signed by the Bears and Samuel likely being re-signed by the Pats, and Dwight Freeney not filling one of our biggest needs, THERE ARE NO MARQUEE FREE AGENTS. Some may make the argument for Nate Clements, and truly, that's the only FA that would help us out that is worth the money he'll recieve. Even in that case, we have 2 very good corners, however old. The last thing I want is a GM that does what many GMs did in baseball this season, and that's overpay the hell out of mediocre players. If it's better for the health of our team to wait a year to drop it like it's hot in FA, than so be it. If TT can get solid players for affordable prices, great. You may think TT is a "tightwad" as one person put it, but with this year's FA class, I don't mind a tightwad GM. Plus, not too many "tightwads" would attempt to sign LaVarr Arrington and Charles Woodson in the same season. A "tightwad" that also likes to "stock up on draft picks" also would have traded down instead of drafting AJ Hawk.

We had 3 rookies make the NFL All Rookie team and our big FA signing play well last season, and we won 4 more games than the previous season. I think there are better GMs out there than TT, and I don't always agree with him, but he doesn't deserve to be thrown under the bus at this point. No good GM would make a move just because his star player told him to, and that's a stone cold fact.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
what i'm getting sick of is people equating Randy Moss and TO. i've tried to be polite on here with all the fighting about 'should we or shouldn't we trade for moss?', but i can't believe anybody could actually equate Moss with TO. that's ridiculous. Moss is a loner who comes off as arrogant because he's actually really quiet and obviously more concerned with his skills than the circus that we know as the NFL, while TO is under the illusion that he is some kind of rock star. The two have each had problems, but saying that Moss and TO are the same is just so far from the truth that it is borderline ridiculous and I have a hard time taking seriously those who make such claims.

I agree, Unlike Randy, TO gives his all in every game, practice... that is certainly not something you can say for Randy (I-play-when-I-want to) Moss.

TO has lifted his team three different teams to the playoffs and one to a Super Bowl. His dramatic TD catch in the wild card game following the 1997 season ended the Packers post-season -- often dubbed The Catch II

Another thing you cannot say about randy

~~ TO is the only receiver besides Jerry Rice to have 5 or more seasons with 13 or more receiving TD's in a regular season

~~ TO averaged one touchdown per game in 2001 and 2004

~~ TO holds NFL record 20 receptions in a single game against the Bears

Yeah you are right, it is irratating when people compare Moss to a far better player like TO who led the League in receiving touchdowns in 2001, 2002 and 2006[21]

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well thanks for doing that to me and trying to make me look like a ****. i didn't say that randy moss was a better player than TO. i think it's pretty clear that I was talking about how they interact with their team and how they are perceived as "team cancers"

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

Owens is more of a cancer than Moss, I'll give you that. But they are both cancers. That's why I made the comparison. Owens is definitely more of an attention hog, but as Bruce pointed out, there are more questions about Moss's work ethic than there are about Owens'.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
bozz_2006 said:

there are more questions about Moss's work ethic than there are about Owens'.

i agree with that 100%, but i don't think that "Moss being a cancer like TO" should enter the discussion when we are discussing should we or should we not try to trade for Moss.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I sent an email to a guy who does or has done a Raider tv show called Behind the Shield..I want to know this guys opinion on what he thinks this could work in GB..

Reaction score
In the end, the debate ends up being whether or not the Packers should get Moss, with a lot of pros and cons being debated.

It is an interesting debate, one which has really valid points on both sides of the fence. Unfortunately this thread wasn't made for the debate.

PLEASE CONTINUE THE DEBATE IN THIS THREAD.

EDIT - LT, hope you don't mind posting your answer in the thread above. :)

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts