Morgan Burnett

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I fully expect the Packers to resign Davante Adams and that contract seems to be getting a lot of attention, but what are your thoughts on Burnett? Of course he is a leader on the field, but hes going to be 29 in a few weeks. What kind of contract will he be looking for? I really like what I saw out of Brice before he got hurt. Liked what I saw of Josh Jones. Liked what I saw of Marwin Evans. If Burnett is looking for a big contract, I hate to say it, but I am OK without him. What is everyone else's thoughts on this?

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great player and important piece to this defense, but he's always banged up. Would 100% keep him if he takes a hometown discount, but wouldn't break the bank over him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's the best one we have back there, but he's been breaking down lately. But then Brice, as much as I like him, can't stay on the field either. I can see scenarios where he stays and I'm not exactly going to be mad if he's gone either

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
One thing I am quite sure of, if Burnett and Capers stay, we will see more of the same. If Burnett goes elsewhere, he will be a Pro Bowler. :coffee:

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fully expect the Packers to resign Davante Adams and that contract seems to be getting a lot of attention, but what are your thoughts on Burnett? Of course he is a leader on the field, but hes going to be 29 in a few weeks. What kind of contract will he be looking for? I really like what I saw out of Brice before he got hurt. Liked what I saw of Josh Jones. Liked what I saw of Marwin Evans. If Burnett is looking for a big contract, I hate to say it, but I am OK without him. What is everyone else's thoughts on this?

You imply 29 is old for a DB. That is not true. Safeties can play well into their thirties. Morgan Burnett is not a great safety, but I like having him on a team-friendly contract.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the way things have been going for our defense after dropping under appreciated secondary players, I'm not so sure letting him go is a good idea. Business decision or not. Jones has flashed, but he's probably as prepared to take over that role as our CBs were to take over for Hayward last year.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
With the way things have been going for our defense after dropping under appreciated secondary players, I'm not so sure letting him go is a good idea. Business decision or not. Jones has flashed, but he's probably as prepared to take over that role as our CBs were to take over for Hayward last year.
Was Casey Hayward ever a starter? I thought he was only a slot corner, which Micah Hyde filled just fine I thought. Until we lost him.

Members online

Latest posts