More Saints hate on Rodgers

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers helps his team do something Brees doesn't - win football games. What is more valuable than winning?

Wait, what? Brees doesn't help win games? Wha...?

Rodgers threw 45 TDs to 6 INTs, had over 9 yards per pass attempt, set the passer rating record, and won 14 games to secure the #1 seed in the playoffs. That's worthy of the MVP.

Drew Brees set the passing yards record and the completion percentage record in the same year, and won 13 games. THAT'S STILL REALLY FLIPPIN' GOOD.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol what a crock of ****. If Drew Brees is the lights out dominant MVP QB they say he is he should have been able to win the game. But he didn't. With his league leading Tight End and All Purpose record breaking running back and Brees' passing yards. Yet....he can't overcome an 8 point deficit to take a game to overtime. MVP my ***

lol @ Rodgers not playing in the last game because he didn't want to ruin his QBR. Did they see what Flynn put up? What a joke.

lol @ the Saints fan crying because Drew not winning the MVP means he can't make charitable contributions. Like that's really the reason they want him to win the award and like Rodgers doesn't do anything in the way of contributing to charities.

lol @ Brees should be the MVP because he recruited Sproles. Are these retards serious about the dirty New Orleans sewage they spew from their mouths?

lol @ Brees should be the MVP because he helped his buddies break records by running up the score in games.

I'm surprised they didn't pull out the Rodgers hates cancer patients incident.

This is getting old. It seems the only people who think Brees should be the MVP are stat happy analysts and Saints fans.

Brees had a lot of numbers and records, but Rodgers has the relevant ones. Like QBR, low INT's, total touchdowns, and more importantly....wins.

Rodgers helps his team do something Brees doesn't - win football games. What is more valuable than winning?
Saints fans are just reaching for anything to try and quiet their own personal fears of the Pack.
They will pile on their own garbage and believe it to make themselves feel better because they don't want to admit or face the fear that the Packers can beat them again at Lambeau.
If the Packers were going to Nawlins, I'd be nervous.
But I have faith in A-Rod bringing back the tradition of post season wins back to Green Bay unlike that recent loser who started the tradition of losing playoff games at Lambeau.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is a valid reason why the Saints are discussed so incessantly on this forum. They are our biggest threat, perhaps even over any team in the AFC. Where there is smoke there is fire. Don't expect the Saints talk to go away any time soon. I think the true Superbowl might just be the NFC Championship with the Superbowl being a mere formality due to lack of competition in the AFC. Both the Packers and Saints can beat any AFC team right now. Lets give the Saints some credit here, they are having an amazing year, Brees is having an amazing year. The Saints fans are just doing what fans do. I think the reason we have issues with them is that most of their animosity is directed at us, or in particular, our quarterback. Therefore, we feel the innate need to defend our quarterback against what we view as an attack. Neither side is in the wrong. We can sit around and throw the word Homer around until we are blue in the face. If the shoe fits.... I'm just saying, lets take a step back and look at this for what it is. Football fans being football fans. I can rest my head at the end of day knowing that Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the league, if the Saints fans want to do the same with Brees, nothing I do short of an exorcism will stop them. I say leave this in the hands of Rodgers and Brees, in a couple of months, they will solve the argument for us.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Wait, what? Brees doesn't help win games? Wha...?

Rodgers threw 45 TDs to 6 INTs, had over 9 yards per pass attempt, set the passer rating record, and won 14 games to secure the #1 seed in the playoffs. That's worthy of the MVP.

Drew Brees set the passing yards record and the completion percentage record in the same year, and won 13 games. THAT'S STILL REALLY FLIPPIN' GOOD.

The last time I checked the Packers have the best record in football and it wasn't because of their offensive line (which has sucked for about 10 weeks), it wasn't because of their run game (which is non existent) and it certainly isn't because of their defense.

Brees has one of the best offensive line with two gigantic guards, a ballin' scatback, 8th ranked run game, an amazing tight end. He throws 50 times a game on 12 step drops, and still only has 1 more TD pass and 2 less win than Rodgers.

Plus Rodgers holds the tiebreaker in the week 1 matchup

Reaction score
Good god this is getting old.

On Packers forums the Saints are talked about the most

On Saints forums the Packers are the most talked about team.
Amen to that. I signed up on the Saints forum so I could talk about the Packers more last week :)

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You said it well Kitten. It's time to leave what the Saints fans say about Rodgers behind. I'd rather talk about the Falcons or the Giants. They are by far the greater threat right now because one of them is our next opponent.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Does anyone remember when Tom Brady said this year that nobody has played the game better at QB then Aaron has? When Joe Montana basically said the same?

No they were not talking about Brees. They were talking about Rodgers.

Sour grapes. All of it.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone remember when Tom Brady said this year that nobody has played the game better at QB then Aaron has? When Joe Montana basically said the same?

No they were not talking about Brees. They were talking about Rodgers.

Sour grapes. All of it.

Clearly favoritism towards the best player. Terrible isn't it?

Saints fans scream about Peyton beating out drew for the MVP then in the same post argue technically brees is more valuable to his team than Rodgers since Flynn played so well. Which makes me laugh, if we want to get technical about it Peyton manning has been the most "valuable" player in the league. Not bc of what he has done but bc the GM failed to provide a quality back up for Peyton.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
no mention of brees having to pad his stats against weak teams like the panthers/vikings/colts/falcons ?

no mention of Rodgers not being allowed to pad his stats when he's ahead by 3 tds in the 3rd qt?
no mention of Rodgers slicing up good defenses (bears in december/windy weather/no dome)?
no mention of the fact that Rodgers won more games?
no mention that Brees has the better Oline/HBs/TE (plays in a dome by the way) ?

Saints fans dumb .... no doubting it now.
This has to be my favorite line in this thread. Didn't Rodgers play, the Panthers, Vikings, twice, and the Falcons? Pretty sure he did. So if Brees padded his stats against those teams what did Rodgers do? I'm sure he wasn't riding the bench.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
3) New Orleans had a number of primetime, nationally televised games at year end.
Drew played better than anyone ever had at the position during those games...

Huh

MVP should be about more than just the individual records:

But, isn't the records what they are mainly usually harping over? :confused:

Brees certainly is cited by the players as helping them develop (Graham, Ingram as examples)... I don't hear that about Rodgers.

Right. Like in 2009 when Peyton Manning developed Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie on the fly when Marvin Harrison was cut and Anthony Gonzalez went down for the season early in the year who was supposed to replace Marvin Harrison. When that was brought up the Brees supporters brushed it off. Now they sling it back.

I gotta headache. I never even knew the 2009 MVP meant that much to Saints fans. I never read Saints forums or paid close enough attention to the buzz. I pretty much knew it was going to Manning though all year. The buzz in the offseason everywhere was the decline of the Colts due to Tony Dungy and Marvin Harrison leaving. When they jumped out to 14-0 it was too obvious. Sometimes awards carry over from the offseason and even the previous postseason. I always believed Bob Sanders won 2007 DPOY in a large way due to his performance in the Colts SB run the previous season.

Rodgers was flipping awesome in the Packers SB run last year. And when he continued it and at an even higher level this year in the regular season it seems too much to compete with. Rodgers does deserve MVP and IMO has been playing at the highest level in the league since the end of last season.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really see it as Rodgers hate. For years we heard Brady/Manning whenever elite QB's were discussed. Their names went together like peanut butter and jelly. Sometimes you would hear Drew's name thrown into the mix, but most often it was Brady/Manning -- even though Drew's body of work should have put him in any conversation of the league's top QB's. It raised the question of how many years would Drew need to be at the top before he was a fixture in that conversation. Now Rodgers name has shot up there. (I am not saying he doesn't deserve it.)

Personally, I have learned what to expect from the boys at ESPN so it's not that big of a deal. As indefensable as it is, I know that when I tune in to SportsCenter I am more likely to hear about Tim Tebow than Brees or Rodgers. Sports journalism is a joke -- I can't let their selection for an individual award get under my skin.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
This is just an observation and I may be completely wrong, and I don't want to put words in people's mouths, but it seems as though this year Rodgers is in the position that Brees has been in for a number of recent years -- statistically better than the one who was ultimately chosen as the MVP and yet coming up short (e.g. better stats than Manning/Brady, but Manning/Brady edges Brees out for the award because of their on field performance). Now that the shoe is on the other foot (Brees doesn't have the better stats,but still has excelled in his performance), logic dictates (to the mind of the Saints fans) that as Manning/Brady previously won in spite of Brees better statistical performance consistency demands that he now win it.
I add this disclaimer -- this analysis is based upon posts I have read here and elsewhere where Saints fans (who in the past argued that stats -- like QB rating, TD's, Int%, -- should be determinative (because Brees' were better) now argue those stats are not (because Rodgers' are better). It's like, for years those did not matter so Brees loses and now that his on field performance is comparable to that of Manning/Brady when he was passed over those stats are all of a sudden most important.
I think I would probably feel the same way (jilted, ripped-off, etc.) if I were a Saints/Brees fan.

Let the flaming begin. :unsure:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really see it as Rodgers hate. For years we heard Brady/Manning whenever elite QB's were discussed. Their names went together like peanut butter and jelly. Sometimes you would hear Drew's name thrown into the mix, but most often it was Brady/Manning -- even though Drew's body of work should have put him in any conversation of the league's top QB's. It raised the question of how many years would Drew need to be at the top before he was a fixture in that conversation. Now Rodgers name has shot up there. (I am not saying he doesn't deserve it.)

Personally, I have learned what to expect from the boys at ESPN so it's not that big of a deal. As indefensable as it is, I know that when I tune in to SportsCenter I am more likely to hear about Tim Tebow than Brees or Rodgers. Sports journalism is a joke -- I can't let their selection for an individual award get under my skin.
Well, you really have to separate ESPN from almost all the other medias (NFL Network is doing the best it can to lower their level to ESPN's).

Here's ESPN's mission statement: "
To serve sports fans wherever sports are watched, listened to, discussed, debated, read about or played."

I read an article about ESPN a while back, and it stated that nowhere in ESPN's articles of incorporation the word "journalism" or any similar form was found.

Simply put, ESPN is about entertainement, not journalism, and it doesn't hide it's motives. But you can't simply bundle together the rest of the media, though they often do a crappy job separating themselves.

The rest still have to abide by a certain code of ethics, and for the most part they do.