More on the moron known as Ted Thompson...

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_truth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None of Thompson's draft picks in Green Bay has been invited to the Pro Bowl. It typically takes anywhere from two to four years for players to reach that status after entering the NFL, so it's too early to make any lasting judgments. But Thompson's draft success will depend on how many of his picks become elite players.

Thompson's mentor, Ron Wolf, drafted 13 Pro Bowl players during his 10 years as Packers general manager, including the trade of a first-round pick for Brett Favre.

Even Mike Sherman, who was considered a below-average GM, produced three Pro Bowl players in three drafts, including the trade of a second-round draft pick for cornerback Al Harris.

the above is from today's Press Gazette.

Wow.. this says it all about Ted Thompson's drafts.

that they lack STAR POWER. and this year is no exception.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And let me guess, you are the guy that screams for the Packers to buy up every overpriced free agent available every off-season with no consideration for cost and the cap??!? Yep...I knew it!

First, understand that the Pro-Bowl is a popularity contest driven far to much by illiterate fans voting for names, rather than performance, in many cases. And a year in-year out playoff caliber football team is driven far more by quality and depth across the board, than a few superstars.

That said, I tend to place vastly more weight in other professionals...you know, the guys who actually do similar jobs and get paid handsomely for it....and three very successful drafts to measure the performance of Ted Thompson, rather than the rantings of some armchair QB like yourself.

I am quite confident that you fancy yourself the bestest ever would-be GM the football world has known. It is a shame that the NFL, CFL and arena leagues have not been so fortunate as to stumble across your unlimited excellence in player evaluation.

Face it you were the guy screaming bloody murder when the Packers took Jennings over the hack in NE that ran a little faster and was taken a few picks later.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The truth is your a complete moron and I will not waste my time with you ... :) aren't you the guy from packersnews that always cause problems?

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Success = Improvement from 4-12 to 8-8.
Success = Improvement from 8-8 to 13-3.
Success = Competing in NFC Championship game.
Pinnacle of Success = Super Bowl Victory!

Packers Fan = Supporting the team(including executive committee, coaches and staff and players.

Go stand outside Favre's fence and root for him as he rides his tractor. He was one of the greatest Packers of all time and we will always cherish his contribution. He will always be a Packer. But he doesn't play any longer. Get over it!

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was a lot of skepics on this forum when TT took over. especially the first year when changes had to be made for future success and it was hard to accept those changes.

Let's fast foward to 2008, Packers tied for the best regular season record in th NFC. Were one win away from the superbowl.

This with the combination of best of the MM era staying around and the many TT draft picks + the few key free agents that were brought in.
I could care less if we ever hav another pro-bowl player elected, as long as the winning ways keep on coming.
The most ridicullous thing about last years pro-bowl was that there were 13 Cowboys elected, when was the last time they have won ANY PLAY-OFF GAME? try 10 years ago.

Truth,
You just keep on trying to stir the pot, clowns like you are fun to have around, it reminds people of the lean years when there was actually something to ***** about, and how good we as Packer fans have had it the past 16 years.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, last season the Packers had 5 players in the Pro Bowl and still went to the NFC championship game. The Vikings had 7, and they didn't do **** last year. I suppose they have 8 pro bowl players on their team now, and i don't think they'll do **** this year either.

You know how many Pro-Bowlers the Super Bowl champs had? One.

shut up.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go stand outside Favre's fence and root for him as he rides his tractor. He was one of the greatest Packers of all time and we will always cherish his contribution. He will always be a Packer. But he doesn't play any longer. Get over it!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
condemnant quod non intellegunt

Thompson draft wasn't as much about this year as it was in terms of the future. Wolf made a killing on drafting QB's late, developing them and using them in trades in the future.

We have a team the lacks few immediate holes, so I kind of expected this draft to be a value draft for the long term.

Nelson - looking into the next year or two.. Driver's future as a #1 is limited to a couple of years, Krob and Martin will both be free agents next year, albeit that Martin will be a restricted one. Worst case, we get into camp and we deal one of the wides to a WR needy team.. much the case as last year, shoring up the roster after seeing kids play and dealing for players that are on the cupst of roster, ala Grant this past year.

Brohm - Fills the backup QB role, add a veteran or even roll with him and Flynn.. Rodgers isn't a rookie anymore.. but I still would like a veteran in camp to guard against a flop by either Brohm or Flynn. Add to that.. in a real pinch.. pick up the phone and errr.. you know the story.

Lee - One of the best bump and run corners in the draft, this was a nitch pick.. excellent.

The young man from Texas.. Finley.. pop in some tape.. the kid reminds me of a young Keith Jackson.. not real physical at the LOS but a dandy recieving TE. Just what th doctor ordered.. a seam splitter type with hops and great hands. Young and still able to grow, fill in and become a weapon at the LOS.

Jeremy Thompson - I love this pick.. smart kid and played whatever role the coaches wanted at Wake.. never had the wow numbers but the kid can bring it.. value pick

The last pick was a curious pick.. sounds like a special teamer.. but hey it is what it is.. a 7th round pick.

You're crowing about lack of a RB pick.. Justin Beaver signed as an UDFA.. kid can play in this league.. WI kid that from the sounds of it wanted to play in Green Bay.

Good value draft.. nothing on paper that goes wow.. but who cares if they can line up an play ball.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wolf made a killing on drafting QB's late, developing them and using them in trades in the future.
Bingo! Thats what everyone doesn't realize. Value isn't always determined by what a player may or may not do for you on the field. I like the Brohm pick. I like it aloooot. (in my best Forest Gump voice)

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did not want to be baited into a response, but could not resist, so here goes:
Sherman in 4 drafts, may have produced 3 PB players, but only 6 players from all those drafts are still in the league. I am sure most thought that Jamaal Reynolds, Amhad Carroll, etc were going to be star players - but it did not work that way. The only player still in ball from 01 is Robert Ferguson - who is no more than average, yet was traded up for by Sherman. 02 produced Javon Walker, Najeh Davenport and Aaron Kampmann - a nice draft from top to bottom. 03 only Nick Barnett still playing for GB and Hunter Hillenmeyer with the Bears. 04 Trade up to get BJ Sander and Corey Williams is the only player still in the league.

Wolf had 10 drafts to acquire his 13 PB players, Favre by way of trade. Several became PB's only after leaving GB. To be honest, Wolf made hay with players not considered "****" at the time in the middle to late rounds - many swings and misses in the 1st and 2nd - even when picking in the top 10.

Let's please not rush to judgment quite yet. Thompson has filled numerous holes and strengthened the depth of this team in a relatively short period of time, with potential for a number of his picks to be difference makers(Hawk, Jennings, Rogers - and possibly several from last year and this year as well).

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And here I thought the draft was to improve the team... And it's chances of getting to the Superbowl. Now the Truth tells me that its about picking probowl players... Tells you what I know...

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And here I thought the draft was to improve the team... And it's chances of getting to the Superbowl. Now the Truth tells me that its about picking probowl players... Tells you what I know...

Obi1,

Good point. I too will never look at the draft the same again.

It is all about Hawaii, Maui Ribs, Hula Dancers, Drinks With Little Umbrellas in them and the game no one watches. That is! That is what last weekend was all about.

Perhaps the draft should be held in Hawaii and not New York.

R.P.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the_truth said:
None of Thompson's draft picks in Green Bay has been invited to the Pro Bowl. It typically takes anywhere from two to four years for players to reach that status after entering the NFL, so it's too early to make any lasting judgments. But Thompson's draft success will depend on how many of his picks become elite players.

Thompson's mentor, Ron Wolf, drafted 13 Pro Bowl players during his 10 years as Packers general manager, including the trade of a first-round pick for Brett Favre.

Even Mike Sherman, who was considered a below-average GM, produced three Pro Bowl players in three drafts, including the trade of a second-round draft pick for cornerback Al Harris.

LOL

okay, first of all whoever wrote that article didn't think this out too well because he's trying to make a point about drafting ability (at least in the context you've put it out there) when the two names he throws down were trades for draft picks. If we're going to talk about draft pick trades for players how about TT's trade for Ryan Grant. He had a whole hell of a lot of star power last season. And as for draft picks what about Greg Jennings, AJ Hawk, Aaron Rodgers, James Jones, Atari Bigby, Nick Collins, Aaron Rouse, Will Blackmon and on and on and on. All of them have shown flashes of greatest and a handful, particularly Jennings have consistently shown greatest. And how do you know, the day after the draft ended mind you, that we have no star power coming in? Have you seen what Jordy Nelson did in college? Go watch his highlights, try not to **** yourself, and get back to me on that one.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
well, last season the Packers had 5 players in the Pro Bowl and still went to the NFC championship game. The Vikings had 7, and they didn't do **** last year. I suppose they have 8 pro bowl players on their team now, and i don't think they'll do **** this year either.

You know how many Pro-Bowlers the Super Bowl champs had? One.

shut up.

Damn you bozz for using logic. :wink:

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the_truth said:

**** you moron.

TT has been here how long? how many drafts has he had you idiot? How long does it typically take a rookie to develop? Even in the article you quoted, it says"so it's too early to make any lasting judgments". You retard, you misread the article you are using as support to your ridiculous point of view. Answer these questions, you will have your answers. Then go find a pair of scizzors, unzip your pants and hack away. We need to make sure you do not reproduce.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BangTheDrum said:
Can this guy get the boot yet?

Seconded.

This guy is nothing but sour grapes, adds nothing to the board and is nothing more than a troll.

We'll wait until the comparisons of our receivers to Freeman and Schroeder starts... Then wil come the light saber.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The great thing is that the truth will invariably post again in this thread, but he won't actually respond to any counter-arguments.

He'll just spew more BS as if no one has destroyed his feeble attempt at pot-stirring.

He's not stirring the pot, he's just pissing in it.

OP
OP
T

the_truth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey I didn't WRITE THE ARTICLE, I just cut and pasted it here and I happen to agree with it.

this is coming from Both newspapers. Both the Press Gazette and the JS have written these articles .

I DIDN'T WRITE THEM...

but I do agree with them.

and these writers know the NFL a heck of a lot more then you or I do..

that's the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts