More Hunt...

Gravedigger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do they keep crying about things that they call voluntary?

If they want everyone there, order them there. If they can't because they agreed they can't, they should quit whining about it.

If hunt's a problem in the games again, bench him. I like sherman a lot but he acts like a little old lady on the voluntary camps.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Gravedigger said:
Why do they keep crying about things that they call voluntary?

It's an oppurtunity to show how badly you want to win. They don't show up, it shows lack of committment to winning and that upsets coachs because they can not go on the field and make the plays themselves, their job is to prepare the team as well as possible for any situation and any lost time is a blow to the over all team.

IU_packfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if anyone should be attending the "voluntary" camps its hunt, after all the money he got, he did absolutley nothing last year, if he wants his job back he better put more effort into the game, there are a couple young guys he should watch out for. maybe we should just get rid of his baggage

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No he did not show up today. Nor does he have a reaon.

Packers | Hunt does not Attend Practice - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 15:24:24 -0700

Jeff Harding, of Packers.com, reports Green Bay Packers DT Cletidus Hunt did not attend practice Thursday, June 2. No reason was given for his absence at the voluntary minicamp.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's time to cut the chord with this slug. TT needs to send a clear message to any other potential underacheivers on the Packers and send Hunt packing.....Oops, he can't send him packing because he's not even there.

Bad Cletidus, bad :whippin: :urstupid: :bye:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
NCPackerfan said:
It's time to cut the chord with this slug. TT needs to send a clear message to any other potential underacheivers on the Packers and send Hunt packing.....Oops, he can't send him packing because he's not even there.

Bad Cletidus, bad :whippin: :urstupid: :bye:

303.4 % agree!

Gravedigger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's like the troops.......never volunteer for anything especially to get your *** kicked by our O-Line.

After all, this guy ghosts against some of the worst O-Lines in the game.

Plus, he makes St. Mike look bad after he gave him the big contract. The guy's defintely a worm.

And not a volunteer for sure.

OP
OP
A

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i read last year after Sherman benched him, that Hunt actually does really well in practice. it's game time, when it matters, that he stinks it up.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
i read last year after Sherman benched him, that Hunt actually does really well in practice. it's game time, when it matters, that he stinks it up.

I remember that. Funny part, Hunt wasn't aware he was even benched.

By LORI NICKEL
[email protected]
Posted: Jan. 2, 2005

Chicago - Green Bay coach Mike Sherman demoted starting defensive tackle Cletidus Hunt before the game Sunday at Chicago because he was unhappy with the veterans production.

That was apparently news to Hunt, who said he was simply resting for the playoffs.

Either way, the Packers dismantled the Bears, 31-14, in the regular-season finale and, led by end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, might have had their best defensive game of the year with nine sacks, tying a team record that was set nearly 40 years ago.

Shermans unhappiness stemmed from the Packers previous game at Minnesota. Even though 16 Packers defenders registered some kind of defensive statistic in that Christmas Eve game, Hunt was not among them. Sherman subsequently decided to start Cullen Jenkins at the three-technique position, knowing that there was little risk because the Packers playoff seeding was already decided and the Chicago offense had been struggling. Jenkins has generally received praise for his play this season and had a sack and two tackles against the Bears.

I didnt think he played well enough last week to warrant a start this week, Sherman said, referring to Hunt.

Hunt said he found out Saturday that he wasnt starting, but said it wasnt a punishment.

Just resting for next week, he said. Im not injured at all. They just decided to do it.

Hunt had started every other game this season, 11 at his usual position and four while filling in at nose tackle when Grady Jackson and James Lee were injured. He also started all 16 games last year and 14 in 2002.

Hunt came off the bench against the Bears and recorded a sack, knocked down a pass and had three tackles, maybe enough to reinstate him for the Packers playoff game Sunday against Minnesota at Lambeau Field.

It looked like he made a few plays out there, Sherman said. Hopefully that got him going again.

The Packers rested Jackson, who has been playing most of the season with an injured knee that will require surgery at the end of the season. Otherwise, the starting defense minus Hunt and Jackson played a good portion of the game. After giving up Chicagos longest play from scrimmage all year, a 63-yard pass on the Bears first drive that eventually led to a touchdown, the defense had some redeeming moments. The biggest were the nine sacks, which tied a team record for a single game set by the Packers against Dallas in October 1965.

Gbaja-Biamila led the way, even though he was mourning the loss of former Packers defensive end Reggie White, who died a week earlier. Gbaja-Biamila was credited with three sacks, although he might have had four.

I thought I had four. I had three in the second half, I had one in the beginning of the game, Gbaja-Biamila said. Assuming I had four, thats the most I ever had in a game.

In the Bears final drive, it appeared that KGB sacked Chicagos Chad Hutchinson twice. The first caused Hutchinson to fumble. The second was a sack for minus-7 yards, although officials credited that sack to Green Bays Colin Cole.

If that was an error, a spokesman for the Bears said the Packers could contest the ruling with the National Football League and have it officially changed.

The discrepancy didnt affect a milestone for Gbaja-Biamila. Whether he has 12.5 or 13.5 sacks, this is his fourth straight season with 10 sacks or more, which ties White for the most in Packers history. White had 10 or more sacks in 1993, 95, 97 and 98.

We had a locker set up for Reggie White, with his jersey hanging there, helmet and everything as if he was going to play, Gbaja-Biamila said. Coach Sherman kept saying, Play the way he would have played the game. I tried. He inspired our team, our whole organization.

Gbaja-Biamila seemed to regret not asking Sherman to be allowed to go to the funeral.

Coach Sherman would have loved to have taken everybody but he said just people that played with him could go, he said.

Instead, Gbaja-Biamila said he received details from safety Darren Sharper that lingered in his mind and inspired him Sunday.

I dreamt about him last night, Gbaja-Biamila said. I knew him. I was a friend of his, so that probably had a lot to do with it.

Reggie had a dream where there was a bright light or something and a scroll came down and it was in Hebrew. I guess it basically said you have been redeemed. So I kind of had that same type of dream, but it was more of Reggie. He was in that dream. I havent really had time to reflect on that dream, so I really dont want to talk about it anymore.

Gbaja-Biamila said a game like this helped the Packers head into the playoffs, on a two-game winning streak.

Hunt agreed.

Spike it up, he said. Spike it up for next week.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't rail against Hunt. He is permitted this type of behavior without consequences.

The coaching staff must act or the disease will spread. If I were BAtes...Hunt starts training camp as a reserve because he hasn't shown proficiency with the new system. After all he was not here to learn it!

Until he earns back a starting role that is the way it is. Cut him near the end of camp saying he lost his starting role and we do not overpay reserve linemen.

He either will shape up or he won't. The history shows that he won't.

We do not "have" to cut him yet.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's a simple matter that hunt knows (thinks) we won't cut him due to the steep hit---(he's known this since he signed the darn deal), and could really care less about playing time.

He's simply one of those players that got paid, and is now satisfied.

Once he's finally cut...he'll work hard for his next deal/payday, and then slack off again.

Slug is a good name for it. Money seems to be his only motivation...Missing camp (over and over again...but esspecially this year with the new Bates) shows no commitment to winning...And winning one for Brett is what we're all about...Gotta get that done asap.

It's such a shame, because we all saw a pretty darn good player in C. Hunt before he got paid.

Cut'em...Good statement about where we want our team's collective head at.

Members online

Latest posts