Montravius Adams makes an appearance!!!

Reaction score
Not good. Or is it?

The only possible positives I see coming from this are
1. Adams realizes the Packers are looking for an excuse to move on, so this screw up lights a fire under him that’s better than a contract year.
Or
2. GB uses the incident as a catalyst in walking away from the multi-years project of Adams. Thus seeing an even bigger hole, they find a veteran presence from outside the organization who’s a better option anyway.

Reaction score
If I’m GB I’m taking a close look at Mike Daniels health. If I thought he was fully recovered I’d consider bringing him in for some workouts. If healthy, also with his history in GB, he just might take a cheap 1 year prove it deal at just over veteran minimum but packed with production incentives for game days, Sacks, QB pressures, Tackles for loss, etc..

Taryn Miller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I’m GB I’m taking a close look at Mike Daniels health. If I thought he was fully recovered I’d consider bringing him in for some workouts. If healthy, also with his history in GB, he just might take a cheap 1 year prove it deal at just over veteran minimum but packed with production incentives for game days, Sacks, QB pressures, Tackles for loss, etc..

Bringing someone back that you let go without a contract discussion is tough, but this just might compel Gute to do just that. However, we'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here we go again.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked Mike, I guess it never hurts to look, but he was trending in the wrong direction 2 years ago already, then was hurt. Moved to the Lions and did pretty much nothing for another year. I'm not sure i'd expect a version of Daniels even close to what we knew to come back to this team. I'm envisioning a guy who'll earn most of his money on the injury report no matter how much you pay him.

Montravious, well it makes sense. The kid had a lot of potential, but I don't think he has the proper motivation. That said, the infraction isn't the worst. I'm not going to debate the weed thing, he got caught with a small amount. More than I have ever carried on me, because that's zero, but it's not like he had a trunk full. and expired tags? I guess that could depend. I still don't know when my tags expire LOL. My wife hands me the stickers and says put them on and I do. I think I drove around for a good 4 months last year on expired tags when one day my wife finds my stickers in her "mail" in her van. I go to put them on and see the month on the plate and I'm like, hmmm we're well past that, glad i didn't get pulled over.

But he's looking like a guy that was heading towards a cut anyway. outside of very brief glimpses where I could see the talent, he never really progressed at all. Like I said, I think he lacks the proper motivation to make it in this league. Last year was kind of a make it year for him and he was no different than he was his rookie season. that's not a good sign. This is just a push out the door as far as i'm concerned. He's just taking up a roster spot to me. which is a shame, because he has the talent.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KeKe and Hester make it over Adams.

Can't imagine Daniels comes back. Can't stay healthy.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There has been some horrific scouting done over the years for this organization

And likely coaching. When Kevin Greene left there really hasn't been a firey presence on the sideline for the defense - I think we need someone to motivate these guys to overachieve. look at what Saleh does for the 9ers. Granted, they benefited from early draft picks and having Bosa.

Taryn Miller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And likely coaching. When Kevin Greene left there really hasn't been a firey presence on the sideline for the defense - I think we need someone to motivate these guys to overachieve. look at what Saleh does for the 9ers. Granted, they benefited from early draft picks and having Bosa.

You should have left the last sentence out. It counters the main point which is totally correct. The last sentence is an excuse for a lacking, in GB coaching, and excuses have been in abundance long enough.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If looking to guys no longer with Lions Snacks Harrison fits our need better than Daniels.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You should have left the last sentence out. It counters the main point which is totally correct. The last sentence is an excuse for a lacking, in GB coaching, and excuses have been in abundance long enough.

I mean, some players transcend proper coaching IMO in the NFL, maybe they've benefited from amazing coaching in college or maybe they have put in the work, I'm not sure. Look at Clark, he's coming into his own despite probably being surrounded by not so great coaching. Bosa is one of those guys and is pretty much the reason for my last sentence. You can circumvent having good coaches if you have one of these transcendent talents.

Taryn Miller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean, some players transcend proper coaching IMO in the NFL, maybe they've benefited from amazing coaching in college or maybe they have put in the work, I'm not sure. Look at Clark, he's coming into his own despite probably being surrounded by not so great coaching. Bosa is one of those guys and is pretty much the reason for my last sentence. You can circumvent having good coaches if you have one of these transcendent talents.

I agree. The mentioning of players like Bosa and Clark, who more likely need simple adjustments, as opposed to players that need high level coaching, which your first comment was directed toward, and which the Packers cannot deny it's lacking of such.

Does GB have a below average coaching talent or are the majority of players in need of higher level coaching that GB doesn't have or are both players and coaches average, hence the at best average production from so many.

Reaction score
KeKe and Hester make it over Adams.

Can't imagine Daniels comes back. Can't stay healthy.
Really? That’s near 50% of our Roster! :cautious:
There’s ways to get a good look at him long before final cuts. Then as a contingency, There’s also ways to structure a contract with low risk if he doesn’t play. There’s just as likely a chance he’s our 2nd to 3rd best DT by mid season. I’d argue that a healthy Daniels even today is much better than Hester or Adams. Glance at the Adjusted value # for each season at the far right.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HestTr00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaniMi00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/ClarKe01.htm

Notice Daniels grades out at a very respectable 5 for both his career and during his last 3 seasons. That factors his injury. Had Daniels played most of last season his average 3 year grade is about 6-7.
How does Hester our FA signing look? I’ll answer that ..Not Good!
I’ve included Kenny who is one of the best in the business for comparison.

If we can squeak out a 5 grade or above for 1 more season Mike would be a great value for likely a few Million. On the flip side, Mike may not play for vet minimum plus incentives idk. I wouldn’t.
He’s not any more of a risk than Devin Funchess. In 2019, Funchess signed a 10M contract with Indi and Daniels signed a $8M contract with Detroit.
Both succumbed to injury and that’s the only reason they take substantially less $. I think Mike would sign for 2.5M salary and 1M in roster incentives.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers made the right decision moving on from Daniels last offseason. They shouldn't think about bringing him back now as he wasn't able to stay on the field for the Lions last year either.

Notice Daniels grades out at a very respectable 5 for both his career and during his last 3 seasons. That factors his injury. Had Daniels played most of last season his average 3 year grade is about 6-7.

He’s not any more of a risk than Devin Funchess.

There's not a single poster denying that Daniels performed at a very good level for several seasons in Green Bay but injuries have taken its toll and it would be unrealistic to expect him to bounce back.

Gutekunst signing Funchess is significantly less risky as he's five years younger than Daniels and his broken clavicle last season shouldn't have any lingering effects moving forward.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think a clavicle on a WR worries me as much as a foot injury that lingers over parts of 2 seasons and keeps a big man out of the line up for a good number of games with 2 different teams and then his arm. When big men can't push from their lower, or from their upper, it's tough sledding. When big boys start breaking down, they seem to break quickly and often.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers made the right decision moving on from Daniels last offseason. They shouldn't think about bringing him back now as he wasn't able to stay on the field for the Lions last year either.

There's not a single poster denying that Daniels performed at a very good level for several seasons in Green Bay but injuries have taken its toll and it would be unrealistic to expect him to bounce back.

Gutekunst signing Funchess is significantly less risky as he's five years younger than Daniels and his broken clavicle last season shouldn't have any lingering effects moving forward.
Didn't we say that about Cobb when he was with us last time, and then last year happened? Even though he was injury prone? I'm not saying we sign him back but still.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb didn't exactly light the world on fire. He did happen to stay relatively healthy though we'll see what that means going forward. He's also a 29 year old WR and not a 31 year old 300+ defensive line man with a significant foot and arm injury.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't know why Daniels would want to come play for Mike Pettine after playing for a defensive genius like Matt Patricia.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think a clavicle on a WR worries me as much as a foot injury that lingers over parts of 2 seasons and keeps a big man out of the line up for a good number of games with 2 different teams and then his arm. When big men can't push from their lower, or from their upper, it's tough sledding. When big boys start breaking down, they seem to break quickly and often.

He's 31 with a lot of mileage. He's pretty much done for. That's life.

Reaction score
injuries have taken its toll and it would be unrealistic to expect him to bounce back.
So injury is your main Hang up? In your professional medical opinion, what precisely is his injury and what are you forecasting about your diagnosis and prognosis that changed your mind and made it unrealistic for him to play football? :whistling:

I’m asking because I heard this exact same lingo regarding Bulaga (He’s injury prone, he’s too old, he’s in the decline, etc..) just a year ago. If Daniels is too old to play football then why did Bryan Bulaga sign a fresh 3 year/30M with 19.25M guaranteed? If they were any closer in age they’d be twins and they both played exactly 19 games over a recent 2 year span (Bulagas 2017-2018)(Daniels 2018-2019). Actually, I’m noticing Daniels has been the more reliable of the two players.

Last edited:

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I think Murphy has been a real big issue of players coming in and going out, he’s seem to duck the spotlight of why the Packers have been coming up short these years...

D

Deleted member 6794

Didn't we say that about Cobb when he was with us last time, and then last year happened? Even though he was injury prone? I'm not saying we sign him back but still.

Once again, last season worked as evidence that the Packers made the right decision to move on from Daniels as he was healthy enough to play a total of only 200 snaps last season.

While it's possible that he bounces back the odds are stacked against himand the Packers should look somewhere else to improve the defensive line.

So injury is your main Hang up? In your professional medical opinion, what precisely is his injury and what are you forecasting about your diagnosis and prognosis that changed your mind and made it unrealistic for him to play football? :whistling:

Daniels injury history and reasons to be concerned about it has been well documented in this thread. No reason to be a **** about it because you choose to ignore it.

I’m asking because I heard this exact same lingo regarding Bulaga (He’s injury prone, he’s too old, he’s in the decline, etc..) just a year ago. If Daniels is too old to play football then why did Bryan Bulaga sign a fresh 3 year/30M with 19.25M guaranteed? If they were any closer in age they’d be twins and they both played exactly 19 games over a recent 2 year span (Bulagas 2017-2018)(Daniels 2018-2019). Actually, I’m noticing Daniels has been the more reliable of the two players.

I wasn't in favor of the Packers offering Bulaga that kind of money because of his injury history either.

As a side note, Bulaga (1,779) played significantly more snaps than Daniels (623) over the past two seasons.

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Daniels but the injury risk is too high, even for a vet minimum contract. Packers made the right call last offseason and last season has confirmed this. Daniels cant stay healthy and his injury is pretty bad for big man like him with his skills.
But good thing is that Packers added Willis and Hester. Both are solid depth guys and can take Adams' snaps easily. Adams will have a really tough time staying on the roster imo. He showed next to nothing in the last seasons on the field and now some minor police incident isnt good either.

Members online