Montravius Adams makes an appearance!!!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked Mike, I guess it never hurts to look, but he was trending in the wrong direction 2 years ago already, then was hurt. Moved to the Lions and did pretty much nothing for another year. I'm not sure i'd expect a version of Daniels even close to what we knew to come back to this team. I'm envisioning a guy who'll earn most of his money on the injury report no matter how much you pay him.

Montravious, well it makes sense. The kid had a lot of potential, but I don't think he has the proper motivation. That said, the infraction isn't the worst. I'm not going to debate the weed thing, he got caught with a small amount. More than I have ever carried on me, because that's zero, but it's not like he had a trunk full. and expired tags? I guess that could depend. I still don't know when my tags expire LOL. My wife hands me the stickers and says put them on and I do. I think I drove around for a good 4 months last year on expired tags when one day my wife finds my stickers in her "mail" in her van. I go to put them on and see the month on the plate and I'm like, hmmm we're well past that, glad i didn't get pulled over.

But he's looking like a guy that was heading towards a cut anyway. outside of very brief glimpses where I could see the talent, he never really progressed at all. Like I said, I think he lacks the proper motivation to make it in this league. Last year was kind of a make it year for him and he was no different than he was his rookie season. that's not a good sign. This is just a push out the door as far as i'm concerned. He's just taking up a roster spot to me. which is a shame, because he has the talent.
Agreed. It’s probably time for GB to cut its losses with MA. While these aren’t serious charges, IMO, it shows immaturity. He’s a talented guy with apparently little motivation and common sense, who couldn’t seize the incredible opportunity he was given. Time to say so long.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Daniels but the injury risk is too high, even for a vet minimum contract. Packers made the right call last offseason and last season has confirmed this. Daniels cant stay healthy and his injury is pretty bad for big man like him with his skills.
But good thing is that Packers added Willis and Hester. Both are solid depth guys and can take Adams' snaps easily. Adams will have a really tough time staying on the roster imo. He showed next to nothing in the last seasons on the field and now some minor police incident isnt good either.
As far as Daniels, and in the NFL IMO, rarely can you go back home. He’d take a roster spot from a younger, developing lineman. No thanks. I appreciate what he did in GB, it was just time to move on.

Reaction score
Daniels injury history and reasons to be concerned about it has been well documented in this thread. No reason to be a **** about it because you choose to ignore it.
I’ll admit I was trying to drive the point home with that question so I apologize for the smart butt tactic there. I don’t do well with hearsay and Ive seen zero factual evidence of his current May 2020 health status being so dire. All the while, the claims I’m ignoring your hearsay. Pardon me if that response doesn’t fuel me with confidence in your rebuttal.

You can shoot down ideas all day long but that doesn’t improve the team. There’s enough “NO” men to the logical options surfacing here.. they could circle the world holding hands! (If we didn’t have to Soci
Your acceptance of status quo ain’t working, Captain. Who plays better then Mike Daniels day 1 while we’re in “win Now’ mode??. What’s the Plan Stan?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

You can shoot down ideas all day long but that doesn’t improve the team. Who plays better then Mike Daniels day 1 while we’re in “win Now’ mode??

The Packers signing former players who can't stay healthy doesn't improve the team either. I would like Gutekunst to upgrade the talent level on the defensive line as well but the chances are better to achieve that by signing someone else than Daniels.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daniels has been saying he is finally healthy, and some of his posts to social media makes one feel or sense he never really has been for much of the last couple years. I strongly advocate for Snacks Harrison before letting nostalgia twist my views and want Daniels. Is Daniels the worst option out there, no...but there are some run pluggers that I strongly feel can spell Clark and assist is more than him.

H

HardRightEdge

Maybe it is worth recalling that Aaron Jones was arrested for a pot DUI, speeding, and driving without a valid license, during the season no less. Unlike Adams, I guess his vehicle was registered and insured. In Adams' case I'm not seeing anthing about speeding or an invalid license.

Here's the star running back who's outstanding balance on the field didn't quite show up at the roadside:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

For my money, it's hard to get too upset over youthful indiscretions no doubt borne in no small part from the sense of youthful invincibility that makes for good football playing.

So, if one's attitude toward Jones is postitive, up to the point of "just pay the man", while taking a dim view of Adams' stupidity, you should be clear it is about performance and not character in your own mind.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
about 7% of this thread actually has anything to do with Montravious Adams, It may as well be the Mike Daniels thread.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts