Mock Offseason

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Gute were Amish . .

Needs are: OG, S, OLB, OG, OT, WR

Signed Fas

OLB Anthony Barr - okay, I don't like him for what he did to AR and then his attitude after. But I will get over it quick if he makes the impact I think he can. He is an elite athlete who isn't being utilized to the max. He is a perfect OLB for the 3-4 and will do better for the Pack than the Vikes. 4 years $??M Back loaded so we can bail after 2 or 3 years if he isn't worth it.

OG Mark Glowinski - I doubt Indy will want to pay for a backup. Glowinski filled in when starter Matt Slauson got injured. Despite sucking early in his career, Glowinski proved to be an upgrade. I don't think he gets big money, he has only played well for 1/2 a season. He played a bunch for seattle - they cut him. We sign him just to see what happens.

Resigned
Breeland 3 yr/18M
Wilkerson 1 yr $5M
Kumerow, Allison
Brice Patrick, McCray (depends on how draft goes)
Kendricks Clay

Gone
Perry - If the Packers don’t cut him, he makes 22M in the next 2 years. Take the hit now unless Pettine thinks he can get more out of him. I understand that Pettine isn't expecting a lot of pressure from the OLBs, but he has to want more than he is getting.
TE Lewis - didn't make much of an impact

Draft

1.12 DE Jeffrey Simmons 6'4" 301 Mississippi State. Superb athlete who had a decent year despite being double teamed on most plays. Very strong and aggressive, he should have an impact as a rookie. Daniels has been injured and seems to disappear at times. Wilkerson is an unknown at this point. We have some depth with Adams who could become a stud and Lowry is good - but probably maxed out. Not a need - but he makes the Packers better. He had an incident on tape of punching a woman. The word is, though, that everyone is coming forward to support him. The incident shook him up and he got on the straight and narrow. He became a team leader and is known as a hard worker. (If gone: ILB White or OG Williams)

1.30 OG/OT Jawaan Taylor Extremely powerful with great feet. Doesn't have great technique, maybe because he didn't need it to dominate at the college level. Start him at guard and can work over to RT if it doesn't work for Spriggs. Should be very effective immediately as a guard. He has a nasty attitude that will go a long way on our OL. (Ford, Deiter or Lindstrom)

2.12 Nasir Adderly S Impressive player, but at lower competition. Seems to have all the skills, athleticism, and attitude to be a success at the NFL level. 50/50 he is here, (Abram, OLB Xinones)

3.11 TE Caleb Wilson 6'4" 235 Shifty and quick with good instincts and ball skills. Needs to put on a few more pounds.

4.12 OT Tytus Howard 6'6" 308 Alabama State Played very well against questionable competition. Invited to senior bowl, so draft stock may go up if he shows he is ready for higher level of competition. He seems raw and needs to add some weight to fill out his frame a bit more.

4.16 WR KJ Hill 6'0" 200 Ohio State - Very fast player - is 2nd fiddle to Paris, but has the potential to be better. Has better hands and route running than Paris - just not as explosive. Held back most of his career due to poor QB play. Think the new OC is going to want a quick elusive sort for WR. (Jon'Vea Johnson - Toledo an option here)

5.12 OLB Shareef Miller 6'5" 256 Penn State - Decent player who may do better at OLB than he did at DE in a 4-3.

6.12 NT Albert Huggins 6'3" 315 NT Clemson. With Wilkins and Lawrence ahead of him on the roster, Huggins rode the pine. Did well in his limited opportunities and may blossom if given more of a chance. Has all the physical tools - size, strength and quickness to succeed at the NFL level.

7.12 CB Sean Bunting 6'1" 180 Central Michigan - should have returned to school. Too thin to play in the NFL but has all the skills and athleticism to be a player. If he works hard and puts on 20 lbs of muscle, he may play. You have to gamble in the 7th knowing that most miss the mark, but there are some players who may develop at this level. Expect him to be on the practice squad at least a year.

7.xx RB Rodney Anderson 6'1" 219 Injured last season, he should have gone back to school. He looked very promising in 2017. No telling if he is over his injury, but this is a good gamble. Surprisingly quick for a taller RB. Had 3 season ending injuries in college or he would go much sooner.

QB Rodgers, Kizer RB Jones, Williams,

WR Adams, Kumerow, EQ, MVS, Allison, Moore, Hill - confident at least one of the 1st year players takes a big step

TE Graham, Kendricks, Tonyan, Wilson

OT Bahk, Spriggs, Howard

OG Glowinski, Taylor, McCray

OC Linsley

NT Clark, Huggins

DE Daniels, Wilkerson, Simmons, Adams, Lowry, Looney OLB Barr, Matthews, Frackrell, Gilbert

ILB Martinez, Morrison, Burks

CB Alexander, Breeland, King, Jackson, Brown

S Tramon, Brice, Jones, Adderly

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Gute were Amish . .

Needs are: OG, S, OLB, OG, OT, WR

Signed Fas

OLB Anthony Barr - okay, I don't like him for what he did to AR and then his attitude after. But I will get over it quick if he makes the impact I think he can. He is an elite athlete who isn't being utilized to the max. He is a perfect OLB for the 3-4 and will do better for the Pack than the Vikes. 4 years $??M Back loaded so we can bail after 2 or 3 years if he isn't worth it.

OG Mark Glowinski - I doubt Indy will want to pay for a backup. Glowinski filled in when starter Matt Slauson got injured. Despite sucking early in his career, Glowinski proved to be an upgrade. I don't think he gets big money, he has only played well for 1/2 a season. He played a bunch for seattle - they cut him. We sign him just to see what happens.

Resigned
Breeland 3 yr/18M
Wilkerson 1 yr $5M
Kumerow, Allison
Brice Patrick, McCray (depends on how draft goes)
Kendricks Clay

Gone
Perry - If the Packers don’t cut him, he makes 22M in the next 2 years. Take the hit now unless Pettine thinks he can get more out of him. I understand that Pettine isn't expecting a lot of pressure from the OLBs, but he has to want more than he is getting.
TE Lewis - didn't make much of an impact
Meh, could care less what Barr did to Rodgers. That's what 99% of the pass rushers in this league want to do. If the Packers signed him to a good deal I'd be more than happy to welcome him to GB.

If the Packers sign Barr and cut Perry, I'd still like to see them draft Montez Sweat if he's there at #30. Be done with Matthews and Perry. Sign Matthews at a bargain and let him be a utility LB, moving inside and outside as needed.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh, could care less what Barr did to Rodgers. That's what 99% of the pass rushers in this league want to do. If the Packers signed him to a good deal I'd be more than happy to welcome him to GB.

If the Packers sign Barr and cut Perry, I'd still like to see them draft Montez Sweat if he's there at #30. Be done with Matthews and Perry. Sign Matthews at a bargain and let him be a utility LB, moving inside and outside as needed.
I think the biggest improvement for the packers is an upgrade at Guard.

Matthews gets pressure but misses tackles. I think having players around him getting pressure as well, will help him considerably.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
One comment on Simmons for clarity.

He's on tape punching a woman several times in the back of the head while she is face down on the ground.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One comment on Simmons for clarity.

He's on tape punching a woman several times in the back of the head while she is face down on the ground.
For additional clarity, Simmons was in high school, the woman in question was repeatedly attacking his younger sister. Simmons tried to pull them apart and she kept at it. Simmons took responsibility for it.

At some point you are allowed to defend yourself or family from anyone, woman or a man. He deffintely went overboard in the heat of the moment. But I dont hold this against him. There is no pattern, to my knowledge, of being a bad kid.

He is described as polite and well mannered since he was young. Got a 4.0 as a freshman and became a black student delegate for his university. He gives motivational speeches. If it wasnt for one incident, he would be considered one of the really great kids coming out.

To me, he is worth the risk. I'm saying he is a good kid with one very regrettable moment. Time will tell.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
For additional clarity, Simmons was in high school, the woman in question was repeatedly attacking his younger sister. Simmons tried to pull them apart and she kept at it. Simmons took responsibility for it.

At some point you are allowed to defend yourself or family from anyone, woman or a man. He deffintely went overboard in the heat of the moment. But I dont hold this against him. There is no pattern, to my knowledge, of being a bad kid.

He is described as polite and well mannered since he was young. Got a 4.0 as a freshman and became a black student delegate for his university. He gives motivational speeches. If it wasnt for one incident, he would be considered one of the really great kids coming out.

To me, he is worth the risk. I'm saying he is a good kid with one very regrettable moment. Time will tell.

That's fine. I'm not trying to criticize the pick or say he should be off the table. I just wanted to give the details of what was actually on footage.

In other news, I like your mock offseason. I too have theorized about Barr in Pettine's defense. I do think it could work, though he and Fackrell probably fill the same role.

Two other comments-- I think that the projected price for Breeland is low and I think Adderley in the 2nd is a tad unrealistic.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's fine. I'm not trying to criticize the pick or say he should be off the table. I just wanted to give the details of what was actually on footage.

In other news, I like your mock offseason. I too have theorized about Barr in Pettine's defense. I do think it could work, though he and Fackrell probably fill the same role.

Two other comments-- I think that the projected price for Breeland is low and I think Adderley in the 2nd is a tad unrealistic.
Adderly is likely to go earlier. But there will be some players at 2.12 that we dont expect. I think Abrams is a safer pick, but I like adderly's upside.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This makes him look not so bad

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Adderly is likely to go earlier. But there will be some players at 2.12 that we dont expect. I think Abrams is a safer pick, but I like adderly's upside.

That's a good point. It happens every year.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
A free agent that I like and might come pretty cheap is Jaguars RB Corey Grant. He has been stuck behind Fournette and Yeldon, but when given opportunities has looked pretty good. While I don't think he is as good as Hill or Kamara, he might be that utility back that adds some speed and variety out of the backfield.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe that we will make a FA splash at EDGE/OLB, guard, and at safety. All three of those positions need a major rehaul and need to be addressed in both free agency and in the draft. Would still love to see Earl Thomas come on board and give us experience & help teaching our defensive backfield to keep improving. Having Thomas in there would provide King, Alexander, Breeland, and Jackson great instruction.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I believe that we will make a FA splash at EDGE/OLB, guard, and at safety. All three of those positions need a major rehaul and need to be addressed in both free agency and in the draft. Would still love to see Earl Thomas come on board and give us experience & help teaching our defensive backfield to keep improving. Having Thomas in there would provide King, Alexander, Breeland, and Jackson great instruction.

While I like the idea of Thomas playing single high behind our corners he has had two season ending injuries in 3 years with two broken legs. Its a huge gamble well even get a season out of him.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Broken legs are kind of a fluke injury though. Not like he's out there tearing an ACL or Achilles.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Broken legs are kind of a fluke injury though. Not like he's out there tearing an ACL or Achilles.

I won't be mad if they take the gamble because I feel were running out of time but he will be 30.

I will say whenever you injure a leg and then injure the other leg it is kind of a red flag. I dont claim to be a medical expert but sometimes one leg overcompensates for the other leg and opens itself up to becoming easily injured. Now we have a 30 year old player with two recently broken leggs. He also isnt the biggest guy in the world to begin with and plays very physical for his size.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer cause I love Thomas's play style but buyer beware.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don't think you are, I would look at what his asking price probably will be, as the Debbie Downer.

Well his 2018 cap number was just over 10 mill(10.4) and he originally was gonna sit out the season without a deal and then decided to bet on himself and lost with the injury. Prior to the injury it was well known he wanted more $. I really don't know what he will command with the way things turned out. His play was good before he got hurt. I know he has been linked to the Cowboys.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to add a safety in FA, but I dont think it's necessary if the draft unfolds as my mock.

We have:

Tramon Williams: savvy vet who understands the defense. Still has good coverage skills. Not the hard hitter I would desire. But we can get at least 1 more year. Greatest value is his leadership.
Josh Jones: very athletic young player. Hasn't clicked for him yet but I'm hoping another season under Pettine and he is at least solid.
Brice: plays well at times but seems to be out of position at others. Maybe change of coaching and scheme will help.
Adderly (or Abrams, Thornhill, or Rapp) can contribute as rookies and one should be there at 2.12

If we did go FA, I would stay away from Thomas because of high $$, higher age, and injuries. I would rather spend more money on 25 YO Landon Collins, who could make bigger impact for packers than giants. Not sure about honey badger.

Edit: I believe our Safeties as a whole will look better next year as I am expecting better play from the CBs.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brice needs to spend his summer playing baseball. Line him up at the edge of the infield and grass and hit him fly balls over his head until lunch time. Then let him rest, then all afternoon line him up at the wall and hit line drives short. Learn to track a little ball while running your *** off.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
UPDATE

Signed FAs

OLB Anthony Barr

OG Ted Karras Pats. 74.3 PFF grade and only 25 YO. Not sure if he is going to get big money, with Barr and Collins getting most of the cap space, I have to be economical here.

S Landon Collins - stud. Will help the back end of the defense tremendously. 4 yrs $45M. After playing at an elite level for 2 years, Landon took a step back last season. He played well, but significantly below his previous 2 years. he ended the season on IR. Perhaps he was hampered by an injury the whole year. Will have to understand that before the trigger is pulled here. We will get him as a slight bargain because of the injury/performance issue.

Resigned
Breeland 3 yr/20M
Wilkerson 1 yr $5M
Kumerow, Allison Brice
Patrick, McCray (depends on how draft goes)
Kendricks
Gilbert

Gone

Claymaker - the Packers need OLBs who set the edge. Clay doesn't do that so we are letting him walk. I would offer him a low contract, 2 yr/9M or something, and doubt he would take it.

Perry - too expensive, too many injuries, not enough production. Cobb - there are 5 WRs that can be had in the 3-5th rounds who could generate nearly the same level of production as Cobb.

Crosby - time to move on Bulaga - time for the great white whale to move on. Unless he comes in completely healthy and in great shape, its almost a foregone conclusion that he is going to be out a significant amount of the season.

Draft Packer Decision Board (When on the clock, just go down the list and take the first name who is still available)

1. DE Q WIlliams
2. OLB Nick Bosa
3. OLB Josh Allen
4. DE Rashan Gary
5. ILB Devin White
6. OLB Clelin Ferrell
7. OT Jawaan Taylor
Seek Trade back
8. OLB Sweat
9. OLB Polite
Desperately seek trade back
10. OT J. Williams

I'm sure there will be a QB and a CB taken, and 1 or 2 more, so we should be getting #5, 6, or 7 on my Packer Board.

1.12 Clelin Ferrell - OLB I'm going to guess the most likely on my list above. All around great player. Gets the job done in a variety of ways. Greatly helped by all the talented players around him. Probably our biggest need on defense. Pettine's defense does not emphasize OLB pressure as much as others and OLB is devalued for us. However, we still need to upgrade the position. This is the year of the DL, and I would love to have gotten a player here, but the only 3 were worth the #12 pick. The 2 on the list and Simmons before he got injured.

1.30 RB Josh Jacobs. Very gifted RB that spent most of his career in a RB rotation. Doesn't have the stats. Not much wear and tear, but passes the eye test as he runs with power, speed, and great vision. Packers have a very good RB in Aaron Jones, but he has been injured 2 years in a row. Time to change the offense and create a running threat. Not sure how good JJ can be, this is a gamble. He received attention as possibly a middle 1st round pick but lately seems to have been dropping.

2.12 Nasir Adderly S Impressive player, but at lower competition. Seems to have all the skills, athleticism, and attitude to be a success at the NFL level. 50/50 he is here, (Abram or Rapp otherwise. One has to be here.) Cousin to Packer great Herb Adderly. Hard to believe given the age difference. WOuld consider DT Simmons here. I think he is a top 5 player and if the prognosis was very promising, I would even consider him at

3.11 OG Michael Jordan 6'6" Should have stayed in school. Played last year as a Center, Guard before that. Switch hurt his play as he was ascending as a Guard and expected to be one of the best in college football had he stayed a guard. Impressive all-around athlete who should be able to convert to NFL quickly.

4.12 TE Caleb Wilson 6'4" 235 Shifty and quick with good instincts and ball skills. Needs to put on a few more pounds.

4.16 WR Terry Godwin 5'11" 185 Georgia. Slot guy who is a great route runner, quick, explosive, and great hands. Did very well at the Shrine game, so may have climbed the draft boards. There are 4 other guys who are at about the same level (Hunter Renfro, Isabella, Welsey, and Mc Laurin)

5.12 OG/OT Olisaemeka Udoh 6'5" 330 Elon. Never heard of the school. Was a big standout at the EW Shrine game. Very raw, but more than handled his own against the higher level of competition. Big boom or bust here, but if the game isnt' too big, and he is brought along slowly, could be a huge find for us. One of those mysterious underdog picks that I really like to follow.

6.12 K Cole Tracy LSU - Went 25 for 29 with 3 of the misses 50+ yards. Time to give our guy, Crosby, some competition. Drafted punter last season, think Gute takes special teamers more seriously.

6.18 DE Amani Bledsoe 6'5" 287 - good athlete, very active. Great length - plays smart and aware. Batted down 7 passes. Needs to work on his pass rush skills, but very much a player on the upswing.

7.12 DE LJ Collier 6'4" 276 TCU. Double dipping on DEs. In a draft of DL, its a shame I only hit 2 at the very end. L.J. is a great athlete and aggressive. Must add some weight to compete in the NFL. Probably a practice Squad player for a year before he can truly compete.

QB Rodgers, Kizer
RB Jacobs, Jones, Williams,
WR Adams, Kumerow, EQ, MVS, Allison, Moore, Godwin - confident at least one of the 1st year players takes a big step
OT Bahk, Spriggs, Udoh, Light
OG Glowinski, Jordan, Taylor, McCray
OC Linsley, (Jordan)

NT Clark, Huggins
DE Daniels, Wilkerson, Adams, Lowry, Looney
OLB Barr, Ferrell, Frackrell, Gilbert
S Collins, Adderly, Brice, Jones
P JK Scott
K Tracy

So there you go. I think by seasons end, I have 4 players who are starting in Ferrell, Jacobs, Tracy, and Jackson. Adderly would also get significant playing time and Godwin as well.

Last edited:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Jacobs at 30. We need a playmaker Day 1, a rookie RB should be ready to go right away. I like Jones, but he can't stay healthy and we're SOL when he goes down.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
UPDATE

Signed FAs

OLB Anthony Barr
OG Mark Glowinski
S Landon Collins - stud. Will help the back end of the defense tremendously. 4 yrs $45M. After playing at an elite level for 2 years, Landon took a step back last season. He played well, but significantly below his previous 2 years. he ended the season on IR. Perhaps he was hampered by an injury the whole year. Will have to understand that before the trigger is pulled here. We will get him as a slight bargain because of the injury/performance issue.

Resigned
Breeland 3 yr/20M
Wilkerson 1 yr $5M
Kumerow, Allison Brice
Patrick, McCray (depends on how draft goes)
Kendricks
Gilbert

Gone

Claymaker - the Packers need OLBs who set the edge. Clay doesn't do that so we are letting him walk. I would offer him a low contract, 2 yr/9M or something, and doubt he would take it.

Perry - too expensive, too many injuries, not enough production. Cobb - there are 5 WRs that can be had in the 3-5th rounds who could generate nearly the same level of production as Cobb.

Crosby - time to move on Bulaga - time for the great white whale to move on. Unless he comes in completely healthy and in great shape, its almost a foregone conclusion that he is going to be out a significant amount of the season.

Draft Packer Decision Board (When on the clock, just go down the list and take the first name who is still available)

1. DE Q WIlliams
2. OLB Nick Bosa
3. OLB Josh Allen
4. DE Rashan Gary
5. ILB Devin White
6. OLB Clelin Ferrell
7. OT Jawaan Taylor
Seek Trade back
8. OLB Sweat
9. OLB Polite
Desperately seek trade back
10. OT J. Williams

I'm sure there will be a QB and a CB taken, and 1 or 2 more, so we should be getting #5, 6, or 7 on my Packer Board.

1.12 Clelin Ferrell - OLB I'm going to guess the most likely on my list above. All around great player. Gets the job done in a variety of ways. Greatly helped by all the talented players around him. Probably our biggest need on defense. Pettine's defense does not emphasize OLB pressure as much as others and OLB is devalued for us. However, we still need to upgrade the position. This is the year of the DL, and I would love to have gotten a player here, but the only 3 were worth the #12 pick. The 2 on the list and Simmons before he got injured.

1.30 RB Josh Jacobs. Very gifted RB that spent most of his career in a RB rotation. Doesn't have the stats. Not much wear and tear, but passes the eye test as he runs with power, speed, and great vision. Packers have a very good RB in Aaron Jones, but he has been injured 2 years in a row. Time to change the offense and create a running threat. Not sure how good JJ can be, this is a gamble. He received attention as possibly a middle 1st round pick but lately seems to have been dropping.

2.12 Nasir Adderly S Impressive player, but at lower competition. Seems to have all the skills, athleticism, and attitude to be a success at the NFL level. 50/50 he is here, (Abram or Rapp otherwise. One has to be here.) Cousin to Packer great Herb Adderly. Hard to believe given the age difference. WOuld consider DT Simmons here. I think he is a top 5 player and if the prognosis was very promising, I would even consider him at

1.30. 3.11 OG Michael Jordan 6'6" Should have stayed in school. Played last year as a Center, Guard before that. Switch hurt his play as he was ascending as a Guard and expected to be one of the best in college football had he stayed a guard. Impressive all-around athlete who should be able to convert to NFL quickly.

4.12 TE Caleb Wilson 6'4" 235 Shifty and quick with good instincts and ball skills. Needs to put on a few more pounds.

4.16 WR Terry Godwin 5'11" 185 Georgia. Slot guy who is a great route runner, quick, explosive, and great hands. Did very well at the Shrine game, so may have climbed the draft boards. There are 4 other guys who are at about the same level (Hunter Renfro, Isabella, Welsey, and Mc Laurin)

5.12 OG/OT Olisaemeka Udoh 6'5" 330 Elon. Never heard of the school. Was a big standout at the EW Shrine game. Very raw, but more than handled his own against the higher level of competition. Big boom or bust here, but if the game isnt' too big, and he is brought along slowly, could be a huge find for us. One of those mysterious underdog picks that I really like to follow.

6.12 K Cole Tracy LSU - Went 25 for 29 with 3 of the misses 50+ yards. Time to give our guy, Crosby, some competition. Drafted punter last season, think Gute takes special teamers more seriously.

6.18 DE Amani Bledsoe 6'5" 287 - good athlete, very active. Great length - plays smart and aware. Batted down 7 passes. Needs to work on his pass rush skills, but very much a player on the upswing.

7.12 DE LJ Collier 6'4" 276 TCU. Double dipping on DEs. In a draft of DL, its a shame I only hit 2 at the very end. L.J. is a great athlete and aggressive. Must add some weight to compete in the NFL. Probably a practice Squad player for a year before he can truly compete.

QB Rodgers, Kizer
RB Jacobs, Jones, Williams,
WR Adams, Kumerow, EQ, MVS, Allison, Moore, Godwin - confident at least one of the 1st year players takes a big step
OT Bahk, Spriggs, Udoh, Light
OG Glowinski, Jordan, Taylor, McCray
OC Linsley, (Jordan)

NT Clark, Huggins
DE Daniels, Wilkerson, Adams, Lowry, Looney
OLB Barr, Ferrell, Frackrell, Gilbert
S Collins, Adderly, Brice, Jones
P JK Scott
K Tracy

So there you go. I think by seasons end, I have 4 players who are starting in Ferrell, Jacobs, Tracy, and Jackson. Adderly would also get significant playing time and Godwin as well.

I like your mock draft, it is more realistic than mine and still would adequately reinforce all of our weaker positional groups. If we would be able to pick up Isabella in the 4th I'd be ecstatic, but McLaurin is a more likely option and one which I prefer over Goodwin. I dont see Collier making it to the last round but I wouldnt mind picking him up at 6.12 and drafting our kicker a few picks later.

Unfortunately I dont think we have the financial power to resign all of the players you mentioned and take on big contracts in both Barr and Collins. Maybe you also cut Bulaga as I dont see him return on your depth chart? Then adding all these players seems more plausible. Personally Bulaga would be my first candidate for the chopping block if we were to need any additional funds. As painful as it is to let Perry play another year on this contract I'd prefer seeing him return as I feel like he is worth the 3.5m we would save by cutting him. Sunk cost fallacy.

Overall Id be thrilled if our offseason were to unfold like this

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like your mock draft, it is more realistic than mine and still would adequately reinforce all of our weaker positional groups. If we would be able to pick up Isabella in the 4th I'd be ecstatic, but McLaurin is a more likely option and one which I prefer over Goodwin. I dont see Collier making it to the last round but I wouldnt mind picking him up at 6.12 and drafting our kicker a few picks later.

Unfortunately I dont think we have the financial power to resign all of the players you mentioned and take on big contracts in both Barr and Collins. Maybe you also cut Bulaga as I dont see him return on your depth chart? Then adding all these players seems more plausible. Personally Bulaga would be my first candidate for the chopping block if we were to need any additional funds. As painful as it is to let Perry play another year on this contract I'd prefer seeing him return as I feel like he is worth the 3.5m we would save by cutting him. Sunk cost fallacy.

Overall Id be thrilled if our offseason were to unfold like this
You are probably right on the salary cap limitations. After only 1 year I dont have a full grasp on Gute. He was so active in FA last year with the offer to the Bear CB and other moves and attempted moves, I just took a stab a some possible aggressive moves that I would like. I dont think Collins makes it out of NY, but think we should try.

As far as the draft and Gute go, I would be shocked if we didnt make a few trades on draft day with up being as likely as down. Should be an exciting 3 days for pack fans.