Mock Offseason

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I tend to be too optimistic, I will admit. But we have to keep in mind that JJ has played only 2 seasons of CB. He has a lot of opportunity for improvement just through skill refinement and development.

I think, as fans and especially with CBs, we only focus on the bad plays and not the successful plays. A raw CB will be the primary focus of opposing game plans and as a result, will be challenged more frequently.
yeah who knows, I guess I still have the bitter taste of Randall and Rollins in my mouth and how optimistic many of us were that those 2 were the answer at CB and in hindsight, both seem to be playing a position they shouldn't have been. Capers and Whitt are both gone now, so hopefully, things are looking up :D

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Josh Jackson is about as fast as Richard Sherman. There are other ways to play CB effectively while not being fast. In the preseason, JJ was shutting everyone down. He wasnt as effective during the season, but I saw enough to know he may develop into a very good CB.

He is very athletic, has great understanding of the game, great hands, and is instinctive. I'm optimistic he will come back next year and be improved. As was pointed out, he hasn't played the position long and is still learning.

Josh Jackson doesnt poses Shermans length though. I belive he could improve but the ceiling isn't all that high IMO.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Josh Jackson is a much better athlete than people think.

He's on the bigger side as a corner: 6'0" 196 lbs are 70th and 65th% results respectively. So you interpret his testing results through the prism of being bigger than average.

Forty: 4.56 (24th%)

Vertical: 38" (77th%)

Broad: 123" (68th%)

Short Shuttle: 4.03 seconds (80th%)

Three Cone: 6.86 seconds (62nd%)

His forty is the only test of any significance that isn't above average. And it is still within the range of successful corners. He's very similar, athletically, to Marcus Peters. His Sparq score was in the 94th%.

Where he fell short as a prospect was in his technique in man coverage. He clearly didn't get that cleaned up as a rookie. He might, or he might not from here on out. But if he fails, it won't be from want of athleticism.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Josh Jackson's arm length: 31 1/8"
Richard Sherman's arm length: 32"

Behold, the vast, chasmic difference.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
"Jackson doesn't have Sherman's length."

"Actually the difference is under an inch."

"STOP SAYING THEYRE EXACTLY THE SAME OH MY GOSH WHAAAAAAAAAAAA"

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

I never said they were the same. Amish tried to compare them athletically.

I never said **** other then basically to spew there two names in the same sentence is utterly ridiculous.

Sorry, im not gonna participate in your "FANTASY LAND" anymore.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Does someone else want to explain it to him, or should I just go back to ignoring?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does someone else want to explain it to him, or should I just go back to ignoring?

Consider explaining quantum physics to a 3 year old.

This is the same as explaining something (anything tbh) to Brandon. As he is wont to say, INSANITY! DREAMLAND!!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Consider explaining quantum physics to a 3 year old.

This is the same as explaining something (anything tbh) to Brandon. As he is wont to say, INSANITY! DREAMLAND!!

Yeah, because Josh Jackson is a bust pick at corner in Pettine's scheme(but he is as fast as Richard Sherman). Whooopie Dooooo Dah! That makes me feel sooooooooooo much better!

If all this trash on defesne is so damn good and can be developed then why are all the same small brained animals calling for even more defensive picks?

Go look up the definition of INSANITY!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I would just like to point out that @brandon2348 has decided that people who call for a defensive pick are "small brained animals."

What a piece of work...

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I would just like to point out that @brandon2348 has decided that people who call for a defensive pick are "small brained animals."

What a piece of work...

Its not just wasting picks on defense either. It cuts way deeper then that DANTE.

Drafting a LB with a top pick when we have just drafted Burks(3rd pick) and have Martinez who is the top rated LB in the division is INSANITY.

http://twitter.com/GBPdaily/status/1097283566428454913

Also, wasting a no.1 round pick on a TE when we have a top 10 TE is INSANITY! Especially when no one even has the balls to say he will be in Gronks class cause otherwise it's a wasted 1st round pick ON A TE FOR GODS SAKE THAT WONT EVEN START! INSANITY!

I don't think you understsnd thet were coming down to our last chances. We dont have time to fiddle fart around with these WONDERFUL IDEA'S THAT SOUND **** CAUSE ZIERLIEN SAID SO!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There is a joke in there somewhere about size matters but its too late for me to look for it.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'll admit, I haven't really paid attention to Barr outside of when we play them recently. I've always liked the way he played for the most part though and the name recognition at least makes him intriguing to me

The Packers signing Barr as an edge rusher would be a huge risk considering he has only played 10.6% of his snaps there over the past four seasons. I would definitely prefer the team to go in another direction at the position.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We have a top 10 TE? Who??

Statistically speaking Graham is a top 10 TE. I understand he isnt the best blocker but he is more then capable within the right scheme and talent mix around him.

We don't need to go chashing unicorns and rainbows here.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
like we did with Graham for $10M? And got almost nothing, I'm a Hock fan, he brings the total package, and it won't be for $10M. If he's still there at 12, I'd like to trade down enough to get extra picks but still end up with him.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
like we did with Graham for $10M? And got almost nothing, I'm a Hock fan, he brings the total package, and it won't be for $10M. If he's still there at 12, I'd like to trade down enough to get extra picks but still end up with him.
He certainly has the chance to develop into one of the best TEs in the league. Failing that, fant and Smith maybe options for the 2nd round pick. But maybe our goal with TEs is to get tall guys like Graham and Lewis. Then the target maybe Zach Gentry, a 6'8" TE from Michigan in the 4th. Not a great receiver but can do okay. Good blocker and could still be a red zone threat.

It's a good year for TEs and we should come away with one at some point.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
We have a top 10 TE? Who??

People will try to argue that Graham is a top 10 TE based on catches and yards.

I can think of a lot of guys who are better than him. George Kittle, Hunter Henry, Jared Cook, Travis Kelce, Delanie Walker, Eric Ebron, O.J. Howard, Rob Gronkowski, Zach Ertz, Evan Engram, Kyle Rudolph... others might be in the discussion.

And then on top of that, you have to consider that's he's a) old, b) declining, and c) the most expensive TE in football. Even if he's still a helpful player in 2019, he's getting cut. And he's a terrible blocker who gives terrible effort on a team without any other TE's. So the TE position is one of the biggest needs on the roster.

Reaction score
I’m not sure last year was the best season to judge Graham to full condemnation. I think we will know much more about his future by mid season. I thought he was mis-utilized some.

As far as Jackson, nearly everyone that saw him slide and get picked mid-round 2 was excited. He was projected as a risky first day pick. There’s a reason 13 teams passed on him not once, but twice. Keep in mind he was a receiver turned CB in 2015. He didn’t even record his first INT ever until 2017. Think about that.. Jackson then goes on to lead the nation in INT the very same season he recorded his first pick. That sais to me his learning curve is exponentially good, once he’s on he’s on.
I think he’s a project but with great upside. Again I think this year will say a lot about Jacksons future ceiling but no way was he expected to excel in his rookie pro season. That’s why he slid to us day 2 last year, he’s a raw, but highly competitive Corner with substantial upside.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m not sure last year was the best season to judge Graham to full condemnation. I think we will know much more about his future by mid season. I thought he was mis-utilized some.

As far as Jackson, nearly everyone that saw him slide and get picked mid-round 2 was excited. He was projected as a risky first day pick. There’s a reason 13 teams passed on him not once, but twice. Keep in mind he was a receiver turned CB in 2015. He didn’t even record his first INT ever until 2017. Think about that.. Jackson then goes on to lead the nation in INT the very same season he recorded his first pick. That sais to me his learning curve is exponentially good, once he’s on he’s on.
I think he’s a project but with great upside. Again I think this year will say a lot about Jacksons future ceiling but no way was he expected to excel in his rookie pro season. That’s why he slid to us day 2 last year, he’s a raw, but highly competitive Corner with substantial upside.
Do I recall correctly that he never once got beat deep in college? Not sure if that was factual or someone off the top of their head.

Our slowest WR, GMo, widely panned as being too slow to be a NFL WR was clocked during a game as the 3rd fastest player in the NFL that week. Of course situation dictates speed so faster players may have not gotten opportunities or running full speed not needed.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/20...on-creates-one-of-nfls-fastest-tds-in-week-3/

How do you explain that? Probably slow starter and the speed timing started after he was up to speed when he caught the ball? I dont know, but shows you how speed stats may not be accurate.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The way I am excited about Jackson is scarely enough very comparable to how I was feeling about Rollins after his first season though.