1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mobile Friendly

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback & Suggestions' started by bad93ex, Oct 2, 2009.

1. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    How much of a pain is it for a site to go into a stripped down mode for mobile phone users? I have a blackberry and use the browser a lot on it. Some sites work great on it like ESPN (mobile version) but this site is a little too large and takes forever to load.

Or maybe I am the only one on the forum that actually goes on websites from their phone.:)

2. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +308
    Their is a specific version for the iPhone. I am just waiting for something to come out with a version for the blackberry. It will be happening eventually.

But if you have an iPhone, you can view this forum through a program called tapatalk.com

3. lambeauharrier

lambeauharrier Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i tried once with my LG cookie. but it was slow, and i gave up!

4. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Maybe when I upgrade to the tour it will help out a little. I couldn't imagine using an iPhone since there is no 3g in this area plus you would have to own an iPhone LOL.

5. robdog

Ratings:
    +308
    The iPhone app doesn't have to load the graphics. I loads straight text and imports it into their interface which you download with the application. Pretty fast actually.

I have the tour and it should work a little faster.

I will continue to check for a mobile theme that is good.

6. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I just have the Curve right now and it has sold me on smartphones never going back. Crackberry has a good setup for their mobile theme but I am sure you have been there before.

How do you like the Tour? I know a lot of people had taken them back because of the trackball or something of that nature.

7. robdog

Ratings:
    +308
    I love the Tour. No problem with the trackball here. There is a new phone coming out with an optical mouse. Not sure how that is going to work, but I am sure it is the same thing as the optical mouse. The upgrade from a trackball mouse to an optical mouse is night and day. I am hoping that is the same thing with the new style of phone.

8. bad93ex

bad93ex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I have been reading up on that new kind of mouse but from what I heard it takes a while to get used to but most people like it. I just can't do a touchscreen though my sister in law's Storm looks cool but is a pain to use.

9. robdog

Ratings:
    +308
    Just to update this thread, PackerForum.com is now mobile friendly for all you blackberry users!

10. ndandrea91

ndandrea91 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    is it mobil friendly to Ipod touch users?

11. robdog

Ratings:
    +308
    ipod touch users should use tapatalk. it is $3 and you can access a bunch of vbulletin forums with that app. let me know how it works out for you.